Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What is really with the national angst about the Ravens/Baltimore? (long)

I have watched ZERO coverage this week, and I'm glad I haven't. Bring on Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    2. Everyone knows Ray has found religion, but enough already. Hasn't he paid any attention to the ridicule that Tebow has been subjected to? To me, religion and faith are private matters. You can be a very religious person and not wear it on your sleeve in each and every interview.
    Now here's what I don't understand. People get so annoyed with people who wear there sleeves on their shoulders, and they call guys like Ray Lewis over the top. But no one every blames the News outlet or the studio's for putting cameras on Ray or Tebow. No network takes the time (other than maybe nfl network) takes the time to show Ray off the field and why he's so religious. I feel the media deserves so much blame for how they portray Ray Lewis. Kinda like when a new song come out and it starts to catch on and next thing you know.. It's always on the damn station.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Are we really going to go don this road? I never said that anywhere. But I never saw it there, and no I can't prove it was or was never there.
    Well then how can you complain about it?

His comments by and large from what I'm seeing now are getting more coverage than Joes did.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    You're so far down that road I can't see your taillights any more. ESPN moves the links around. The Internet is cool like that. You don't have to leave the page the same way all day.

Culliver got slow-roasted. Everybody knows he didn't compose his apology. Who do you think looks better, Flacco or Culliver?
    Your sarcasm aside, I am aware of how the internet works. When I saw his apology posted here yesterday, I still didn't see the story on ESPN, yet, much less a link to his apology.

Maybe because what he said is a little more of a touchy subject than the "R" word are speculating Ray used horny goat weed, so people may not want to touch it. Either way, that story is getting far less press than an ex-stripper claiming Ray used something he might have sent him and what seems to be less the Flacco saying retarded.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Well then how can you complain about it?

His comments by and large from what I'm seeing now are getting more coverage than Joes did.
    Complain? Stating a fact is complaining? And I mentioned now cause that's where I saw it now.

Yeah, the media (generally) doesn't like us.

So what?

Personally I hate it on the (rare!) occasions that the Ravens start getting too much media love. It feels... wrong. And that's when it seems the players start getting swelled heads and forgetting to play their hardest.

Let 'em hate us.

Let 'em scorn the way we still care about playing defense.

Let 'em always call us underdogs, no matter how many "unbeatable" teams we beat.

It's fuel. I hope the players use it as such. I do as a fan! It makes victory that much sweeter.

If the rest of the football world is mired in ignorance that's their loss. Just relax and enjoy, people!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Complain? Stating a fact is complaining? And I mentioned now cause that's where I saw it now.
    This statement...

49er's CB says in a very intelligent way... that he would not like gay men in the locker room, and next to nothing.
    Is not based on any facts whatsoever.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

A ton of fair and positive questions being asked to Ray Lewis during his presser right now ....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel#52 View Post
    Now here's what I don't understand. People get so annoyed with people who wear there sleeves on their shoulders, and they call guys like Ray Lewis over the top. But no one every blames the News outlet or the studio's for putting cameras on Ray or Tebow. No network takes the time (other than maybe nfl network) takes the time to show Ray off the field and why he's so religious. I feel the media deserves so much blame for how they portray Ray Lewis. Kinda like when a new song come out and it starts to catch on and next thing you know.. It's always on the damn station.
    Sure I blame the media, but they are going to do what they do. There are thousands of reporters and cameras all over New Orleans just trying to find any tidbit to report on. Ray knows this, because he has been through this before back in 2001. I am not saying that he should not profess his faith, but good grief, just tone it down a bit. I can see where the average football fan could start to see him as a caricature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Sure I blame the media, but they are going to do what they do. There are thousands of reporters and cameras all over New Orleans just trying to find any tidbit to report on. Ray knows this, because he has been through this before back in 2001. I am not saying that he should not profess his faith, but good grief, just tone it down a bit. I can see where the average football fan could start to see him as a caricature.
    Understandable, I just see him as him always being who he is. I grew up around people who were that way so I guess I just don't see it as negatively as others might.

Blog Entries

It's funny that the Ravens and Ray became the bad guys only after beating the piss out of the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS.

All was hunky dory after beating the Colts and the Broncos. They were all aboard the "last ride" theme.

Then we knock the shit out of Brady and become the bad guys.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/ni...-49ers/page28/

Perspective must be everything. 9ers forum wuth an insane amount of posts on how they are disrespected.