Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    So riddle me this...

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0...n-49ers-ravens

Of the analysts here, 6 have picked the 49ers to win by a TD or more. 1 has picked the Ravens to win by a TD or more.

49ers bias?
    You're incredibly reaching here, IMO. They are split 50-50 on who will win yet its twisted into 49er bias since few are predicting a certain score?
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 01-31-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Re: What is really with the national angst about the Ravens/Baltimore? (long)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And my God this PFT nonsense is laughably silly. Florio "hates" on every team. The problem now is there's only two teams left.
    I think florio is playing to that fan map that was post here earlier. He sees more people hate the ravens than like them right now so he has skewered his headlines and posts to show the Ravens in a negative light.

I think you stumbled onto something...

It's really just Ray Lewis.

Look at the articles in last 24 hours..."Ray Lewis announced retirement so you could thank him", "Ray Lewis: PED accusation is a trick of the devil", "Amani Toomer unloads on Ray Lewis"

Basically, the media has leveled itself at Ray Lewis.

The problem (? if you think it may be one), is that nothing else on the team is generating much news.

This may actually be a good thing. They are just PISSING him off to no end. And the team knows what this run is about. They are doing this for themselves yes, but in a large way, they want to send Ray off well. And this is going to resonate with them.

The media wants to piss on Ray Lewis' Cheerios. They want to knock him down a peg. Maybe or maybe not he deserves it with the things he says. But the team doesn't like it, I've seen that on twitter. KO posted on twitter...

The team is going to use this as fuel.
    Very true.

There are some positive fluff pieces out there, but to be honest, the rest of the country is pretty tired of Ray and frankly, a lot of people still hate him (not the press) and are reveling in this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Come on, I am not saying there should be a fairness quota. I think there should be an accuracy quota, but that's another topic.

When I say negative, I am talking about the PFT, Forbes article saying Ray is guilty because Lance Armstrong denied PED's and Barry Bonds found the fountain of youth late in his career, so that means Ray likely used goat horn spray to recover from a torn triceps.

I didn't say people were "picking on us".. I said there are more negative stories on us than the 9er's.

It may be a majority of PFT like carp, but it's there.

Right, one of the top links, not thee top link. And his apology, is the second to top right now.
    Ray's story is the only negative stuff going. Sorry, but he is the biggest name in this game and this is a big story and people want to read about it. If Patrick Willis or Randy Moss were involved in the same stuff, there would be the same stories about them. They are not...so naturally there are going to be more about this particular story.

As for where exactly the links are on the front page...does it really matter that the following day it was the second to top instead of the top? Does anybody who is completely neutral to this stuff have a screen shot of exactly where on the front page Joe's comments were the following day? I'd bet a ton the link was to his apology and it was right around the same place on the links to the side on the front page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Now Amani Toomer on the other hand?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rite/#comments

I think an argument could be made for him seeing as how he's been talking about Ray for a while now.
    Toomer has always been a Ray hater...he hasn't hidden it. He has been saying this stuff for years.

I can't take anything he says seriously and I'd imagine a lot of people don't because he got his ass kicked in his only shot at getting a ring.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

OMG. Wow.

You're incredibly reaching here. They are split 50-50 on who will win yet its twisted into 49er bias since few are predicting a certain score?
    I gotta agree on this one Scally.

Many "experts" and fans are enamored with the read option and think it's unstoppable.

Picking the 9er's to win, doesn't fall under the bias coverage category.

Blog Entries

So riddle me this...

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0...n-49ers-ravens

Of the analysts here, 6 have picked the 49ers to win by a TD or more. 1 has picked the Ravens to win by a TD or more.

49ers bias?
    Because, and maybe this is just me being overly simplistic, on paper the Niners are a better team? As Daniel Jeremiah (Former Ravens scout) said for his pick:

Why the 49ers will win: Almost every individual matchup seems to favor the 49ers. San Francisco's defense is equipped to limit the Ravens' run game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    V
    As for where exactly the links are on the front page...does it really matter that the following day it was the second to top instead of the top? Does anybody who is completely neutral to this stuff have a screen shot of exactly where on the front page Joe's comments were the following day? I'd bet a ton the link was to his apology and it was right around the same place on the links to the side on the front page..
    Sure it does. Placing a link on website is the same as a newspaper (When they were relevant) Top story = Front Page. Top story = Top link.

Blog Entries

Also worth pointing out: Ravens-hater of record, Heath Evans, picked the Ravens.

Sure it does. Placing a link on website is the same as a newspaper (When they were relevant) Top story = Front Page. Top story = Top link.
    So are you saying that you know for sure that Culliver's comments never ever made it to ESPN's front page?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

You're incredibly reaching here, IMO. They are split 50-50 on who will win yet its twisted into 49er bias since few are predicting a certain score?
    Maybe. You can throw Dameshek out too, he's just a Steelers homer.

I think it's more than, the ones who think the Ravens win think it'll be a close game. The ones who think the Niners will win seem to think it'll be a big win. One even says "we're due for a blowout"

idk, I expect many to pick against us, but a win by more than 6?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

There are thousands of reporters from all over the world covering the Super Bowl this week. They all want a different angle to draw attention to their stories. Both teams knew that going in. I don't care for the national media, but I will make a few points:

1. If you don't want statements that you make to be blown out of proportion, then don't make stupid comments to the media. Flacco using the "R" word is not a big deal, and he did catch himself immediately, but he should know better. Just think before you speak.
    2. Everyone knows Ray has found religion, but enough already. Hasn't he paid any attention to the ridicule that Tebow has been subjected to? To me, religion and faith are private matters. You can be a very religious person and not wear it on your sleeve in each and every interview.
    3. The PED charge by SI against Ray looks more and more dubious with each passing day. They have done some damage to Ray's image, but have lost far more credibility by publishing such unsubstantiated crap.
    4. None of the "distractions" are going to matter one bit once Sunday arrives. The Ravens are going to go out there and take care of business. I am beginning to think that they are going to smash the 49ers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    So are you saying that you know for sure that Culliver's comments never ever made it to ESPN's front page?

Are we really going to go don this road? I never said that anywhere. But I never saw it there, and no I can't prove it was or was never there.

Are we really going to go don this road?
    You're so far down that road I can't see your taillights any more. ESPN moves the links around. The Internet is cool like that. You don't have to leave the page the same way all day.

Culliver got slow-roasted. Everybody knows he didn't compose his apology. Who do you think looks better, Flacco or Culliver?