Blog Entries

NY Times article on Steve Bisciotti

Great article in the Times on the Ravens owner. Did not see it posted anywhere in the Forum section.

We are lucky to have him. The anti-Irsay.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/31/sp...anted=all&_r=0

Re: NY Times article on Steve Bisciotti

Indeed. I didn't know his father passed away when he was 8.

Quickie story about Steve B, before becoming Ravens owner, reinforcing the NY Times article:

One of my daughters had just graduated with a psych degree - no immediate responsibilities. She wound up temping that summer, including a week as Aerotek's receptionist. First day, she had been overwhelmed by phones ringing off the hook and no office experience, therefore requested the temp agency reassign another, better-qualified person, advising Aerotek that she would be soon replaced. The story got twisted up to the Aerotek person responsible for office management, who complained to the temp agency that daughter was a quitting without notice. Daughter (who was still acting as receptionist) wrote back the clarification that she had provided a head's up notice, not quitting without notice. Steve somehow caught wind of his staff's error, wrote a personal apology note, then sought out my daughter for a personal apology. He was a true gentleman.

How many other CEOs of mid-size companies would take the time to assuage the feelings of an adolescent fresh-out temping at his company?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

It's stories like this I hope catch the eyes of the few critics of his on the boards.

Good stuff. Makes you very proud to be a Ravens fan.

Blog Entries

I once wrote on here and a blog I believe about waiting on Steve on the 2000 Super Bowl run year, while I was going to tech school. Awesome man, hard to believe I was in the presence of one of the wealthiest men in the world and he hardly acted any different than an engaging customer. Hell, regulars at McGarvey's were far more demanding and less than cordial.

I didn't like the way that things went down with Billick and the 'corporate' approach, but like Harbaugh, he makes me eat my words.

A good man.

Blog Entries

I actually got to meet Bisciotti a few years ago because one of my friends went to school with and was friends with Bisciotti's son. He's a really cool down to earth guy. You wouldn't know that he's a billionaire. We are definitely lucky to have him as an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It's stories like this I hope catch the eyes of the few critics of his on the boards.
    I can't believe he has any critics after the loser-of-an-owner we had, previously, in Irsay! We truly are lucky to have the BEST organization, top-to-bottom, in the entire NFL! And let's NOT forget his support of the Os....that is very close to my heart, as well!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I didn't like the way that things went down with Billick and the 'corporate' approach, but like Harbaugh, he makes me eat my words.

A good man.
    He made the right decision with Billick, but also compensated Brian handsomely upon his termination! Also, I expect(and hope) to see Brian in the ROH someday - he deserves it!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. He is one of the very few people in his class of wealth and success that you literally cannot find anyone who has anything bad to say about them.