Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

49'ers DB Culliver Says Gay Teammates Would Not Be Welcome

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2...ot-be-welcome/

Chris Culliver, a second-year cornerback, reportedly made disparaging comments about homosexuality in football during an interview with a radio-show host Tuesday at the Super Bowl’s media day.

Culliver told Artie Lange that gay teammates would not be welcome in the locker room, according to quotes posted by Yahoo! Sports.

“I don’t do the gay guys man,” Culliver said. “I don’t do that. No, we don’t got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.

“Can’t be with that sweet stuff. Nah…can’t be…in the locker room man. Nah.”

Culliver suggested that homosexual athletes keep their sexuality private until 10 years after they retire.

A 49ers spokesman could not be immediately reached for comment.

Earlier this week, former 49ers offensive lineman Kwame Harris appeared in court regarding felony domestic charges in the alleged beating of an ex-boyfriend. Harris’ sexuality was never divulged during his playing career with the 49ers (2003-07) and Raiders (2008).

Blog Entries

Re: 49'ers DB Culliver Says Gay Teammates Would Not Be Welcome

Wow...especially considering gay culture in San Fran, this is BIG.

And very sad. This goes beyond the same sex marriage issue and touches on tolerance now. And sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of sports figures didn't privately agree with him. It's going to take a long time to get past these issues.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

And we thought saying the word "retarded" was a lightning rod...

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Blog Entries

Just to try to understand his point of view for a second...

Would a woman be allowed in the mens locker room/shower if she wear able to make an NFL or MLB team? Or a man be allowed in in a womans locker room/shower if he played on their soccer team or WNBA team?

At least that's where I think he's coming from, if not, he's an ass hat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Just to try to understand his point of view for a second...

Would a woman be allowed in the mens locker room/shower if she wear able to make an NFL or MLB team? Or a man be allowed in in a womans locker room/shower if he played on their soccer team or WNBA team?

At least that's where I think he's coming from, if not, he's an ass hat.
    I get it, but I hope we'd be able to get there someday. Do you avoid the locker room or the showers at the community gym? There might be homosexual people using those...

I wouldn't, because I know in most cases, they aren't interested in me. And if they are staring, so what? They're not going to DO anything, because they run the risk of losing their freedoms by getting disciplined/arrested/discharged, etc.

Just my two cents. I wonder if the media finds a way to sweep his comments under the rug, seeing as there seems to be some hit job out on the Ravens right now
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

It's on NFL.com but surprise surprise not on PFT.

Blog Entries

Almost no reaction to it, yet. The public basically has no interest in that team, no matter what they do or say. The Moss thing is getting some play but it's not really firing up the cattle. Neither is this. Clearly the Ravens are the team everybody is interested in, and by and large it's all negative!! The public is picking against the Ravens not because they think the 9ers are better, but because they can't stand the Ravens. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahahahahahah!!!!

Blog Entries
    Who?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's on NFL.com but surprise surprise not on PFT.
    It's been on their website for over an hour

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    The team just issued a statement and they're distancing themselves from this cat

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Nobody happier at this headline than Ray Lewis and maybe Joe Flacco

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--re...190346715.html

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...s-not-welcome/

Wow - as Gota said in another thread - isn't there supposed to be a football game this weekend?

Blog Entries

Re: Nobody happier at this headline than Ray Lewis and maybe Joe Flacco

to be fair, Joe's comments are practically a memory now. Ray's story has blown it away.

This will probably end up petering away, because the media seems to be hounding for Ray.