Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wednesday Practice Report from New Orleans

The Ravens are holding practice at this moment at Turchin Field in Tulane, a baseball field converted into a football practice field for the NFL. The 49ers are practicing inside the Saints facility that has a field that matches the one inside the Dome. It is what it is....total bullshit.

Anyway, I was there when the buses arrived at Tulane, they can in the same 5 white buses that have carried them from the airport and around town. Harbaugh and Ray were on the first bus, I walked past security with my Ravens cap and walked up to Coach Dean Pees, patted him on the back, and wished him good luck.

The team is extremely serious.......there was absolutely not one smile, no one talking. Every player was in a zone and extremely focused, maybe too much so.....it was a complete reversal of all the fun yesterday, and Harbaugh's mood at the presser today. Joe Flacco looked almost grey.....Webb walked in wearing headsets, and Jah Reid limped in slowly after all of the the team had gotten off the bus. I didn't recognize him at first. It was a little shocking and sad.

I was kind of startled at the tone, but I made a point if yelling out some encouragement and some of the guys ears and eyes perked up. I am not really that kind of fan, but at some point you have to represent,

If any if you are around tomorrow please try and come out the guys need to feel the love......this is a time they are under huge pressure and without their families!
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Re: Wednesday Practice Report from New Orleans

That's a good sign to me. Fun time is over. It's time for business now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That's a good sign to me. Fun time is over. It's time for business now.
    You got that right. I am going to stay away till tommorrow--I am going to let them settle in for the night.

Still don't understand the obvious competitive advantage differences the NFL is perpetuating by allowing one team access to the professional team's facilities which mirror the playing field the game will have, and forcing the other to find subpar non-professional quality and non comparable to game condition facilities. Then you mean to tell me the second rate facilities our team has to endure are under construction and we have to practice outside on a converted baseball field? Nothing about this is fair or neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Still don't understand the obvious competitive advantage differences the NFL is perpetuating by allowing one team access to the professional team's facilities which mirror the playing field the game will have, and forcing the other to find subpar non-professional quality and non comparable to game condition facilities. Then you mean to tell me the second rate facilities our team has to endure are under construction and we have to practice outside on a converted baseball field? Nothing about this is fair or neutral.
    Word.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

NOLA--
    As far as letting the team get some rest tonight at their hotel, you DO understand that you shouldn't be outside their rooms blowing whistles or honking car horns, don't you???;)

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    NOLA--
    As far as letting the team get some rest tonight at their hotel, you DO understand that you shouldn't be outside their rooms blowing whistles or honking car horns, don't you???;)
    LOL......I haven't been to the hotel.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

NOLA--
    Just funnin' ya, mon ami! Don't know if you ever followed SunSpot's forum, but a legendary poster named "Steve Mario" (among other aliases) offered up such a strategy years ago for Ravens fans to disrupt the nocturnal rejuvenation process of opposing teams, in order to gain an advantage for the Ravens!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    NOLA--
    ROTFLMAO.....well done, mon ami!
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...