Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Read somewhere that 49ers get to practice in the Superdome, we practice outside on a baseball field

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I think there is a walkthrough in the Dome tommorow.
    Anything on Saturday?

Re: Read somewhere that 49ers get to practice in the Superdome, we practice outside on a baseball field

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Anything on Saturday?
    I don't believe so......
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    TV showed Ravens practicing in Center field of the baseball stadium.

Not much room and pathetic for NFL not to have class accommodations for both teams.

Somewhere, Bud Selig is laughing his ass off.
    That's the kind of stuff that fuels a team.
    They don't need bullentin board material when the entire world seems to be against them.
    This is exactly the best scenario.
    The Ravens are full of confidence, are so close as a team can possibly be, and they have circled the wagons.
    Resolve and Will, will see them through.
    They believe something MUCH larger has a hand in their run.
    And there is nothing more dangerous than an entire team that believes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JStruds View Post
    Need to bring in an electronics expert to find the hidden cameras Jim left behind!
    Jim wouldn't do that.

Greedell would. And he would make sure any expert the Ravens tried to bring in to sweep for cameras or mikes would be barred from entry. Because after all, the most important thing about the Super Bowl is to make money for the NFL--& that means doing everything to give the viewers (& thereby the sponsors who pay the networks who pay the league) what they want to see.

And the big moral dilemma would come when the league office sent the video to Jim Harbaugh. Does he use it? Does he trash it without looking? Does he hang onto it & blow the whistle on whatever flunky tried to pass it along?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Per Kim Jones, Ravens to practice at Saints facility today...
    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...c-9df556ba04f0

Left tackle Bryant McKinnie said Harbaugh had a conversation with the players about Tulane's turf and whether they should change practice facilities.
    “He asked me how I felt and I told him, ‘It’s kind of hard. It makes your joints and stuff ache,’” McKinnie said. “It was a consensus. We wanted to make some adjustments today. We can’t [play there]. There’s no way.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

yeah, Pollard said same thing...

Chad Steele confused me, as he tweeted pics of the Ravens at Tulane. Apparently they did a short walkthrough there before bussing over to the Saints facility.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    That's the kind of stuff that fuels a team.
    They don't need bullentin board material when the entire world seems to be against them.
    This is exactly the best scenario.
    The Ravens are full of confidence, are so close as a team can possibly be, and they have circled the wagons.
    Resolve and Will, will see them through.
    They believe something MUCH larger has a hand in their run.
    And there is nothing more dangerous than an entire team that believes.
    RIGHT ON, MAN.

But as Joe Namath said to Weeb when he guaranteed a SB 3 win, if the Colts need bulletin board material to
    win they're in bad shape.

Yet, being treated like scum just adds more fuel to the fire and puts another chip on Ravens shoulders.
    Even Billick said he'd be pissed - paraphrasing of course-lol.

He cancelled a pre-season game once because of tears in the seems of the artificial turf in Veterans Stadium.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-31-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Once again the board is ahead of the team on this. This has been a big thing for me for years as far as the Saints go. But last year the surface was even quicker in the Dome.......at the end of last season the Saints replaced the field in the Dome and at practice, mostly because they were starting to be at a disadvantage on the road. Our offense is going to have to play faster and it starts today.... :)

Say what you want about the pistol, aside from Kaep's legs, we have more of the game for that venue with Rice, Pierce and the two TEs......and Joe can run too, don't be surprised if the 49ers go with that 3 man rush, Joe can take off as well.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

I think what the Ravens are practicing is more important then where they are practicing. They should just focus on making sure the players know all of their assignments. The turf at the dome isn't anything new for us.

Blog Entries

The point is, Ravens got a crummy practice field on a base ball diamond where the out field isn't even as big as
    a football field, so how do the players get their assignments right on that? Like I mentioned, the Jets have 4.5 practice
    fields. We get a baseball stadium while 49ers got Saints indoor facility.

Situation was changed.

Blog Entries

It's worse than that, AF. The Niners played in the Superdome during the regular season, so they already have experience in game conditions on that surface. The fair thing to do would have been to give the Ravens the Saints practice facility (same surface) as compensation. Instead the Niners got it, & the Ravens get to practice on a scraggly-ass baseball field that is too small/wrong shape for laying out a full regulation football field.

And apparently there were injury concerns as well with that field at Tulane, so they are now going to share the Saints' indoor facility with SanFran. (Nothing new for the brothers--dint they share a bedroom growing up? :D)