Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Read somewhere that 49ers get to practice in the Superdome, we practice outside on a baseball field

Article on the practice:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/1/3...vens-wednesday

Apparently the Ravens had the option to practice at the same facility. Considering Peter King was reporting, it sounds like the practice went well.

Also, in comment section there is a pretty cool link to The Guardian in the UK on team salaries.

Re: Read somewhere that 49ers get to practice in the Superdome, we practice outside on a baseball field

I liked this line.

Baltimore's passing game-with deep-throwing quarterback Joe Flacco-dealt with wind gusts in New Orleans up to 24 miles per hour, according to the National Weather Service.
    Flacco had a sharp practice, hitting wideout Torrey Smith on one deep touchdown thrown through a crosswind. Flacco also hit Anquan Boldin in tight coverage on a perfectly thrown ball downfield. Judging by one practice in difficult conditions, it appeared that the 10-day layoff since Baltimore's last game has not affected the quarterback who has thrown eight touchdowns and no interceptions in the Ravens' 3-0 playoff run.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    I liked this line.
    Watch, he's going to get in the dome and ALL his passes are going to be off, because he's used to throwing in a windy place...

LOL. That is pretty awesome. I recall during the New England game, Nantz and Simms even said something to the effect that Joe seems to throw BETTER when he's throwing into the wind.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

LSU's facilities weren't available? Sure, LSU is only about an hour away from New Orleans...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Watch, he's going to get in the dome and ALL his passes are going to be off, because he's used to throwing in a windy place...

LOL. That is pretty awesome. I recall during the New England game, Nantz and Simms even said something to the effect that Joe seems to throw BETTER when he's throwing into the wind.
    I think Flacco's spirals are so tight it cuts through the wind so that it doesn't have much of an effect. I doubt he alters his throwing mechanics much for the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    LSU's facilities weren't available? Sure, LSU is only about an hour away from New Orleans...
    I guess they liked it at Tulane after all, its closer to the hotel and the Dome.....I am going back to see them this afternoon.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Stupid, but not a big deal. We know how to play in a dome.

8. Re: Read somewhere that 49ers get to practice in the Superdome, we practice outside on a baseball field

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    I guess they liked it at Tulane after all, its closer to the hotel and the Dome.....I am going back to see them this afternoon.
    What time is the practice? Gonna see if I can knock off work early.

Blog Entries

On NFLN they just said that they asked Harbaugh why he "didn't want to practice in the Superdome." So that suggests the Ravens had the option. Apparently Jacoby Jones responded (don't know why they gave Jones' resposne to a question they asked Harbaugh, and BTW they only paraphrased and didn't provide a clip for either one) that the team felt it was more important to practice at the time and on the schedule they wanted, than to get used to the field surface.

So apparently the dome IS available to them , but not during the time slots perhaps that they wanted to practice, so they elected to go to Tulane to keep their schedule how they wanted it.

So I was wrong about all the other stuff I said earlier in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Andouille View Post
    What time is the practice? Gonna see if I can knock off work early.
    Yesterday, they got there are 2:00pm........guessing its the same today as well. Park in the Turchin Field parking lot, not on campus.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Yesterday, they got there are 2:00pm........guessing its the same today as well. Park in the Turchin Field parking lot, not on campus.
    Let us know how it looks! PFT just ran a report that Jim Harbaugh said his team had a "perfect practice, absolutely flawless"...waiting for the companion piece that says the Ravens had a practice that went okay, but someone said Ray Lewis was passing around a bag of stuff that everyone was huffing, and his water bottle looked like it may contain something other than water, and there's a known steroid that looks kind've like water, so it might've been that. Also, Joe Flacco was rumored to have said "Gosh, I wish I was more like that Colin Kaepernick, he's such an elite QB"

:)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Apparently, we had the choice to use the Saints facility or Superdome and we declined. The Niners even said that they would move up their practice to accommodate us. I hope our guys know what they are doing. On this story, it looks like we didn't really get screwed, we just chose to do it this way.