Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Read somewhere that 49ers get to practice in the Superdome, we practice outside on a baseball field

Is that true? I couldn't find a link, just hearsay. If it is true, how does that benefit and/or hinder us & them, and why does one team get to practice in the dome, and the other not?

Blog Entries

Re: Read somewhere that 49ers get to practice in the Superdome, we practice outside on a baseball field

I heard that on the radio this afternoon when I went out for lunch. If true, then it could be like Rocky vs. Ivan Drago. Drago training in the high-tech gym and Rocky training in that barn in Russia. Man, I am getting pumped for Sunday. :happyanim

Blog Entries

Re: Read somewhere that 49ers get to practice in the Superdome, we practice outside on a baseball field

It wasn't the Superdome, it was the Saints training facility, which is indoors...

Still, I hope this is a one day on, one day off type of thing. No point in training outside in the rain, when you are instead going to be in a couped up dome, where the noise will be CRAZY louder.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

seems odd the saints would want the 9ers in their facility over an AFC team...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    It wasn't the Superdome, it was the Saints training facility, which is indoors...

Still, I hope this is a one day on, one day off type of thing. No point in training outside in the rain, when you are instead going to be in a couped up dome, where the noise will be CRAZY louder.
    Thanks for the clarification on that. I'm still curious why one team is getting the favorable treatment to be allowed in the Saints training facility. Doesn't make sense to me.

The Ravens are training at Tulane University. I doubt they're on the baseball field.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    The Ravens are training at Tulane University. I doubt they're on the baseball field.
    Their facility is under construction, so they are in fact on the baseball field.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

"home" team gets to use the local teams facilities.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    https://twitter.com/sportswcoleman/s...76596746711040
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    "home" team gets to use the local teams facilities.
    Is this a fact?

For Superbowls,yes.

There's a link in this thread,

http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...am-preparation

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification on that. I'm still curious why one team is getting the favorable treatment to be allowed in the Saints training facility. Doesn't make sense to me.
    Apparently Ed has never seen a Rocky movie. The guy with the most rustic training facility always wins!