Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Read somewhere that 49ers get to practice in the Superdome, we practice outside on a baseball field

It would appear there won't be "trading" back and forth, as someone tweeted out a photo of the Ravens locker room in the Tulane facility, fully decorated out for SB 47, apparently that's their facility for the week.

Count me as not happy...inside experience is a X-factor, I know Ravens usually blare crowd noise in their indoor facility during practice to simulate a dome.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Read somewhere that 49ers get to practice in the Superdome, we practice outside on a baseball field

Jim must've called dibs....
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Ravens are practicing outside on a converted baseball field Turchin Field, and the 49ers are practicing inside at the Saints complex in Metairie.
    Its total bullshit as far as I am concerned but it is what it is......really minor league crap.
    I can't believe the NFL can't do better than this.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Really, the only problem I have with this is regarding crowd noise. If we had ANY other indoor facility, I wouldn't care.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Really, the only problem I have with this is regarding crowd noise. If we had ANY other indoor facility, I wouldn't care.
    The 49ers are practicing on a field that matches the turf in the Dome.......the crowd noise in the Super Bowl is not what it is regular season anyway. Mostly its corporate crap......but the Saints turf is what it is. The 49ers are going to have a chance to match up shoes, etc. I don't like it at all.

Blog Entries

This is stupid. Knowing how good the Ravens organization is regarding providing training facilities, it is hard to believe that they could not have worked out better arrangements for the team, given they had a week's lead time.

The Saints use a turf field. The Ravens have a turf field at home and in their own practice facility. I think the equipment managers know how to dress their guys for the game. Crowd noise clearly isn't an issue for the team (see Denver and New England). Look at it this way - the 49ers are getting pampered, the Ravens are made to "suffer" - it's just more fuel on the fire. They will be ready, one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    This is stupid. Knowing how good the Ravens organization is regarding providing training facilities, it is hard to believe that they could not have worked out better arrangements for the team, given they had a week's lead time.
    I don't know if they had a lot of choice.....I do not know if LSU has an indoor facility, and that would be in Baton Rouge, more than an hour away.

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    The Saints use a turf field. The Ravens have a turf field at home and in their own practice facility. I think the equipment managers know how to dress their guys for the game. Crowd noise clearly isn't an issue for the team (see Denver and New England). Look at it this way - the 49ers are getting pampered, the Ravens are made to "suffer" - it's just more fuel on the fire. They will be ready, one way or another.
    Yes, I agree, its fuel on the fire.........they looked pissed off. Really pissed off.

Blog Entries

Absolutely disgusting. :grbac:

I guarantee crowd noise won't be a problem for the Ravens, but will be for the 9ers (especially if I have anything to do with it).

Blog Entries

The crowd noise at the SB isn't the same.