Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed could “definitely” see himself as a Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    First off I own my company and have had offers to buy my company. So no for me its not about the money after you have it. Your guys love fest with every Raven is the difference between business and spending other peoples money. He's cancerous and has been for a few years. Think what you want you can find a player close to his production for half of what he thinks he worth and for alot longer. Sorry I'm not all ra ra for Ed. Plus you appear right espn is more credible than me it looks like ray did something he shouldn't off.
    You lost me at "cancerous". Smh. I guess you would rather have a locker room full of lock step choir boys.

Would love Ed to be in a Pats uniform. Not only will he instantly be an upgrade over Gregory, but then he won't be back there in your backfield causing Brady mental blocks. I think one of the main reasons Brady doesn't play well against your D is he's just too worried about Ed. The guy writes "Find Ed" on his wrist band when we play you. Just not having that mental block for Brady is worth it.

Blog Entries
    @espn_afceast: RT @JamesWalkerESPN: There's no way #Patriots can sign Ed Reed, Welker, Talib and Vollmer all to big-money extensions. Someone has to walk.

NEW ORLEANS -- Ravens safety Ed Reed clarified the statements that he made on Wednesday about possibly playing for the Patriots and coach Bill Belichick.

"Of course I want to stay in Baltimore," said Reed, who will be an unrestricted free agent. "I was asked, would I play for Bill Belichick? Yes. What football players wouldn't play for Coach Belichick? Will I be in New England? Most likely not. It's just terrible that people get half the story. It's even more bad when you hear the comments that they make towards you. But it comes with it, man."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @espn_afceast: RT @JamesWalkerESPN: There's no way #Patriots can sign Ed Reed, Welker, Talib and Vollmer all to big-money extensions. Someone has to walk.

NEW ORLEANS -- Ravens safety Ed Reed clarified the statements that he made on Wednesday about possibly playing for the Patriots and coach Bill Belichick.

"Of course I want to stay in Baltimore," said Reed, who will be an unrestricted free agent. "I was asked, would I play for Bill Belichick? Yes. What football players wouldn't play for Coach Belichick? Will I be in New England? Most likely not. It's just terrible that people get half the story. It's even more bad when you hear the comments that they make towards you. But it comes with it, man."
    That's how I took it when I read it in context. If Ed Reed wants to coach some day, why wouldn't he want to learn from as many of the best coaches that he can? He also said some of those comments in reference to having had experience with Belichick at the Pro Bowl. It doesn't mean he wants to play for the Patriots.

Anyone that just looks at statistics doesn't understand what Ed Reed brings to the Ravens' defense. He has a few good years left in him, and he would be good to retain. Players respect him and learn a lot from him. Anyone who thinks he's a cancer is just flat out wrong.

I don't have a problem with what Ed said. He is a free agent, if I were Ed and the possibility existed that I could not return to the Ravens (if does not retire) due to the cap or the organizations choice, I am not saying anything negative about any team that is a potential suitor for my services and certainly not saying anything negative about a coach who has been very complimentary about me (indicating he could be interested in paying me ). Add to the mix the fact that Ed would seem to be a guy who unless he was offered outrageous money would prefer to play for a competitive team, his comments make sense. I hate the Pats but I could learn to pretend I do not for the right price lol. Why limit your options.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Anyone that just looks at statistics doesn't understand what Ed Reed brings to the Ravens' defense. He has a few good years left in him, and he would be good to retain. Players respect him and learn a lot from him. Anyone who thinks he's a cancer is just flat out wrong.
    Absolutely correct!

Ed Reed will truly be missed if he leaves/retired. While some here are quick to judge when he makes a mistake those same people fail to acknowledge every pass that doesn't happen because he's in the backfield!