Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Please don't get caught up in PFT's dramatic choice of just one small part of what Reed said. He also said:

@RavensInsider: Ed Reed on free agency: 'If it's up to me, I'd be in Baltimore. If it happens to be somewhere else, I can play football on the moon.

@RavensInsider: Ed reed said his preference is to remain with the ravens said he always wanted to play for just one team acknowledged possibility of others

The full quote of what he did say about staying:

(on his desire to finish his career in Baltimore) "It makes a big difference. I always said when I came into the league and got drafted that I didn't want to be one of those guys jumping from team to team. If it was up to me, I would be right in Baltimore. If it happens to be somewhere else, I can play football on the moon."

(on if there are other teams that would be appealing to him) "I have a lot of respect for Baltimore as a city, so certain teams would probably have to be weeded out."
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 01-30-2013 at 08:59 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed could “definitely” see himself as a Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Ed's at the end and probably has pissed away alot of money and knows he only has a few years left to make money to hold him out for the next 40 years. I can't stand him anyhow. He will be a whore in the off season and go to the highest bidder whether its NE or KC its all about the money with Ed. If he goes to NE we know he won't tackle and is out of position constantly. The media builds him up like its 2003 again. To say this right now shows what he's about. And if he does go to anyone else I hope we decleate him.
    Most ignorant post of the decade.

Then its all about the money then. Right?
    Whereas I'm sure you would spit in the face of your company's biggest competition if they offered you a job with them at a significant raise right?

His knack for saying dumb shit and the annual I don't know if I'm playing next year bs is beyond old.
    He says what he's feeling and thinking at the moment. Are you also one of the people who constantly complains that Harbs NEVER says anything meaningful in his interviews?

Franchise him? Your nuts. Because espn says hes frugal that carries anymore weight than what I said? Is that the same credible source that said Ray took a banned substance.
    Yes ESPN has more credibility than you, that you even had to ask is laughable.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Most ignorant post of the decade.
    The topic of Ed Reed brings out a lot of posts like that. For reasons I'll never understand.
    Last edited by scbgirlxo; 01-30-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Ed's at the end and probably has pissed away alot of money
    Not according to Kevin VanValkenburg and the ESPN article

If you don't rate Reed as a player then that's fine but we're a better board then just throwing out random stuff that like this

Blog Entries

3 pages of the majority of people thinking Ed Reed wants to leave Baltimore for New England.

PFT: 354
    Ravens fans refusing to actually read the article: 4

"I want to wear this [Cowboys] star on my helmet, that's my dream""
    - Ray Lewis, 2009

The reason I thought about the franchise tag is it's better than signing him to a 2 or 3 year deal. As a free safety he'll get something like 6.5m for a year with the franchise tag. After that, if he wants to still play let him hit the open market at 35, I don't think he would.

Apparently people either like Ed or they don't. Myself, I can't think of a more exciting or bigger game changer running down the field after an interception trying to give me a heart attack by looking for a high risk lateral. Retiring as a Raven at 35 he could become a secondary coach, something he has already spoke about with Ozzie. It's well known he is a tireless student of film study.

Ed is a career Raven who is a first ballot hall of fame nomination and is also mentioned as the GOAT. Despite obvious pain, he has played in every game this year. I think he has earned special consideration from the organization and a break from some of the fans with delicate sensibilities. But it's a cruel business, and I know CAP space is thin. It may end up being a prudent business decision to let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    The reason I thought about the franchise tag is it's better than signing him to a 2 or 3 year deal. As a free safety he'll get something like 6.5m for a year with the franchise tag. After that, if he wants to still play let him hit the open market at 35, I don't think he would.
    While that may be the franchise amount for Safeties, the CBA requires that the franchise amount is the higher of that number OR 120% of the players prior year's "salary" (basically his Cap number). So, for Reed that would be 120% of his 2012 Cap number of $8.5M. That means the franchise tag for him would be $10.2M.

I don't think they'll be using the tag on Reed.

When they asked him about the free agency, he said he respects the city of Baltimore too much, so some teams are ruled out automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    When they asked him about the free agency, he said he respects the city of Baltimore too much, so some teams are ruled out automatically.
    Umm........Pittsburgh, maybe?!? :)

Ed has been a great player and a cornerstone of the Ravens franchise for the better part of a decade now. I would hate to see him play somewhere else, but I wish him all the best. If it can be worked out to stay, I'd love to cheer for him all the way to his last game like we did for other franchise cornerstones like Ogden, and now Lewis. If he does end up playing elsewhere, I wish him all the success in the world...except if he is playing against the Ravens :-)