Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ed Reed could “definitely” see himself as a Patriot

Typical agent/player UFA speak. Nothing to see here. He will play for the most dollars offered most likely. Pats have alot of cap issues as well.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    And this is what I don't get. People join the Patriots for a shot at a ring, not the money. Why leave a team (the Ravens) that consistently outplays the Patriots to go play for the Patriots? Are the Pats really going to break the bank and pay him that much more than the Ravens would?
    The Patriots, while not flush with cap space, likely will have significantly more than we will...especially if we have to franchise Joe.

Don't get it twisted, they likely will be offering him more than we can this offseason.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I don't think this is a big deal at all. Ed is a pretty honest guy, who just says what he thinks. Ed may like and respect Belichick, but he isn't going to take less money to play for him. Next year is next year. You know Ed is going to play his heart out on Sunday, and that is all I care about.

Blog Entries

The reality is that Baltimore might give Reed the biggest offer. If anybody goes over 4 million for Reed, I'd be shocked.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I don't think this is a big deal at all. Ed is a pretty honest guy, who just says what he thinks. Ed may like and respect Belichick, but he isn't going to take less money to play for him. Next year is next year. You know Ed is going to play his heart out on Sunday, and that is all I care about.
    This. And if we win, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts Reed retires. His answer to the question he was asked by a Boston reporter, was the obligatory " yeah, I respect their coach, I could see myself playing for him". Yawn

Seeing Ed Reed as a Patriot won't hurt any more or any less than when we had to see Todd Heap in a Cardinals uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The reality is that Baltimore might give Reed the biggest offer. If anybody goes over 4 million for Reed, I'd be shocked.
    If our offer is the highest, he will stay a Raven.

But I seriously, seriously doubt ours will be.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Cardinals <<<<<<< Patriots

If you had to make a list of teams you never want to see a guy play for...

1. Steelers
    2. Patriots
    3. Bengals/Browns
    4. Jets
    5. Redskins
    6. Titans
    7. Colts?

Quote Originally Posted by SykesvilleRavensFan View Post
    Seeing Ed Reed as a Patriot won't hurt any more or any less than when we had to see Todd Heap in a Cardinals uniform.
    That aside...if the Ravens cut a guy or do not offer him a contract, I have no qualms seeing him play elsewhere, because we didn't want him
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    This. And if we win, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts Reed retires. His answer to the question he was asked by a Boston reporter, was the obligatory " yeah, I respect their coach, I could see myself playing for him". Yawn
    I despise the media and their 'loaded gun' questions. They take answers out of context and throw out their next sensational story. Journalists today make the National Enquirer look credible.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    More crap from PFT.

The story does not support the headline.

A reporter ask could you see yourself play for coach Belichick? "“Yeah, oh yeah man,” said Reed, per the Boston Herald. “I could definitely play for coach Belichick."

Very different from Reed saying he could see himself as Patriot. Just giving respect to Coach Beichick.

Nothing to see here.
    OH wait, I think everyone misunderstood...read it again...
    IS Belichick COMING HERE??? Maybe Pees is going to retire. So, Belichick will come HERE to coach the DEFENSE.
    Ok, see...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SykesvilleRavensFan View Post
    Strongly disagree.

Blog Entries

I still say the Ed will either re-sign with the Ravens or will play out the remainder of his career with the Colts. The Colts have the cap room to pay him, he loves Pagano, and if the Ravens win on Sunday, he will already have his ring.