Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed could “definitely” see himself as a Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    3 pages of the majority of people thinking Ed Reed wants to leave Baltimore for New England.

PFT: 354
    Ravens fans refusing to actually read the article: 4
    In my defense, I openly admit I don't read articles on PFT, because I won't give them the satisfaction of a click. I only discuss their stuff to the extent they get discussed on here. If the OP and other posters get it wrong, I will too.

Kind of like PFT itself!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    In my defense, I openly admit I don't read articles on PFT, because I won't give them the satisfaction of a click. I only discuss their stuff to the extent they get discussed on here. If the OP and other posters get it wrong, I will too.

Kind of like PFT itself!
    Ha!

Yeah, I don't read them either. The only reason I did this time was because I thought for a second Reed could have said this, given his history for saying things the wrong way.

I think there's going to be more interest in Ed Reed than y'all are giving him credit for. I was watching Andrew Luck on NFL network yesterday, and Rich Eisen asked him what was the hardest part about facing the Ravens' defense. He said, "Ed Reed," and then went on to praise how amazing the things he does are. Same thing from Belichick.

Does anybody else thing that maybe the reason our secondary plays so well, regardless of who's in the rotation (a guy off the Practice Squad, a special teamer, and a 7th round pick, a guy who bounced around a bunch of other teams) might be because of Ed? Just the way Ray makes all these random UFA LBs so great?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I think there's going to be more interest in Ed Reed than y'all are giving him credit for. I was watching Andrew Luck on NFL network yesterday, and Rich Eisen asked him what was the hardest part about facing the Ravens' defense. He said, "Ed Reed," and then went on to praise how amazing the things he does are. Same thing from Belichick.

Does anybody else thing that maybe the reason our secondary plays so well, regardless of who's in the rotation (a guy off the Practice Squad, a special teamer, and a 7th round pick, a guy who bounced around a bunch of other teams) might be because of Ed? Just the way Ray makes all these random UFA LBs so great?
    Yes, but I think if we win Sunday, he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    Then its all about the money then. Right? His knack for saying dumb shit and the annual I don't know if I'm playing next year bs is beyond old. Franchise him? Your nuts. Because espn says hes frugal that carries anymore weight than what I said? Is that the same credible source that said Ray took a banned substance.
    Did you read the article? It was very good and written by Kevin van Valkenburg, who used to be the only decent sports writer for the Sun, lives in Baltimore and I dare say has a hell of a lot more personal experience dealing with Ed than you.

Having said that, I cringe every time Ed speaks with the press as he isn't versed in question-dodging or diplomacy and just says exactly what's on his mind, usually to our detriment.

Despite his failings, the guy's still one of my favorite ever Ravens and if he moves on after this season, then so be it and good luck to him.

Most of what Ed said makes no difference to me. What is he going to say? "I wouldn't play for that piece of garbage if he paid me double!". No way.

The line that bothers me A LOT is this one: "I’m sure he can help me to expand my football knowledge even more as a player and as a coach" Is he saying he can't get that from the Ravens now??

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Most of what Ed said makes no difference to me. What is he going to say? "I wouldn't play for that piece of garbage if he paid me double!". No way.
    :word
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    The line that bothers me A LOT is this one: "I’m sure he can help me to expand my football knowledge even more as a player and as a coach" Is he saying he can't get that from the Ravens now??
    I think that's just an acknowledgement - real or perceived, or a little of both - of Belichick's "genius" status.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

First off I own my company and have had offers to buy my company. So no for me its not about the money after you have it. Your guys love fest with every Raven is the difference between business and spending other peoples money. He's cancerous and has been for a few years. Think what you want you can find a player close to his production for half of what he thinks he worth and for alot longer. Sorry I'm not all ra ra for Ed. Plus you appear right espn is more credible than me it looks like ray did something he shouldn't off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    First off I own my company and have had offers to buy my company. So no for me its not about the money after you have it. Your guys love fest with every Raven is the difference between business and spending other peoples money. He's cancerous and has been for a few years. Think what you want you can find a player close to his production for half of what he thinks he worth and for alot longer. Sorry I'm not all ra ra for Ed. Plus you appear right espn is more credible than me it looks like ray did something he shouldn't off.
    Proof?

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    Did you read the article? It was very good and written by Kevin van Valkenburg, who used to be the only decent sports writer for the Sun, lives in Baltimore and I dare say has a hell of a lot more personal experience dealing with Ed than you.

Having said that, I cringe every time Ed speaks with the press as he isn't versed in question-dodging or diplomacy and just says exactly what's on his mind, usually to our detriment.

Despite his failings, the guy's still one of my favorite ever Ravens and if he moves on after this season, then so be it and good luck to him.
    I call it as I see it. Maybe you guys need proof and know someone personally I don't. Actions speak louder than words.

Pay me a couple of million dollars and I'd play on the devil's football team, add a couple more millions to that number and I might even consider playing for the Steelers.