Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Flacco's stats playing in a true dome stadium

I am pretty confident Flacco is going to have a huge game. I don't think scoring 30 points is a stretch at all. I keep hearing about how the 49ers and their god-like rookie QB are going to run all over the Ravens, but I think the real story should be can the 49ers defense stop Flacco? If the 49ers get into a big hole, Kaepernick will need to focus on passing and that will expose him to sacks and interceptions.

Small point of correction.

Joe has played three times in Houston and only once with its roof closed.

That was this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

I'd love to see him just send Torrey on a 9 route from the 20 yard line just to see if he can throw it 80 yards :D
    Awesome video. Matt Ryan with 62...

That's pretty cool. I agree with Joe, had he thrown a tight spiral he could have had 80 yards.

I am not sure how much those statistics matter. This is not an away game. The crowd may not be silent but it will not be nearly as hostile as it was in Houston earlier this year, or in any of the games Joe has played in a dome. For an offense, crowd noise in a dome is the factor you worry about most. There will be no "De-Fence" flashing up on the jumbo tron, no announcer screaming "Its 3rd down lets make some noise!" I think the lack of such distractions will help Joe. It cuts both ways, though, the SF offense will not have to deal with the M&T level noise.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    I am not sure how much those statistics matter. This is not an away game. The crowd may not be silent but it will not be nearly as hostile as it was in Houston earlier this year, or in any of the games Joe has played in a dome. For an offense, crowd noise in a dome is the factor you worry about most. There will be no "De-Fence" flashing up on the jumbo tron, no announcer screaming "Its 3rd down lets make some noise!" I think the lack of such distractions will help Joe. It cuts both ways, though, the SF offense will not have to deal with the M&T level noise.
    Except that a dome completely nullifies all weather conditions, which is a big deal. In the Patriots game, balls were flying all over

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Except that a dome completely nullifies all weather conditions, which is a big deal. In the Patriots game, balls were flying all over

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    :word There wont be 30+ mph winds like there was in Foxboro making Flacco's passes sail. Playing in a dome is a huge advantage for Flacco IMO. Read the quote from Flacco talking about the Dome in New Orleans I posted earlier: “The truth of the matter is, when I get in here and start throwing the ball around, you really get kind of excited about it just because you can tell the difference. The ball really goes in here and there are no real elements to deal with.”

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    :word There wont be 30+ mph winds like there was in Foxboro making Flacco's passes sail. Playing in a dome is a huge advantage for Flacco IMO. Read the quote from Flacco talking about the Dome in New Orleans I posted earlier: “The truth of the matter is, when I get in here and start throwing the ball around, you really get kind of excited about it just because you can tell the difference. The ball really goes in here and there are no real elements to deal with.”
    So, in all of this talk about lack of elements to effect him along with our receivers with great speed on the outside, it brings up a number of problems for the Niner defense.
    IF they decide on leaning to stop the run, it will leave one of their corners man to man on either Torrey Smith or Jacoby Jones. IF the Niners adjust and play cover-2, to bracket our wideouts, then it will be up to the Niner inside backers to cover everything over the middle...Boldin, Pitta, Dickson, Rice.

If our offense can dictate what the defense has to do (adjust to our offense), the Niners will start back peddling and our run game will take off.

So, this game will be dictated on how well our Oline plays...give Joe the time, and everything should open up.

9. Re: Flacco's stats playing in a true dome stadium

I'd love to see him just send Torrey on a 9 route from the 20 yard line just to see if he can throw it 80 yards :D
    That's OUR Flacco!

You left out the playoff game in 2010 playoff against Indy.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT
    20 35 189 57.1 5.40 27 0 2 17.7 48.4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RAPHENS View Post
    You left out the playoff game in 2010 playoff against Indy.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT
    20 35 189 57.1 5.40 27 0 2 17.7 48.4
    In my initial post, I only included games in domes without a retractable roof. I believe Indy has the retractable roof.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    This is why I respect dome QBs less. Perfect weather, perfect conditions, no wind.

Makes Rodgers, Flacco, etc. all the more impressive IMO.

Stafford, Brees and Ryan are all fine QBs, but I have no doubt their numbers are slightly higher due to the environment in which they play.
    Absolutely. Big respect to A-Rod and even Big Ben as well as Joe.

Seen this before - but didn't realise that was that from opposing endzones or was tat from the 20 yard line?
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.