I read all this negativity from Ray's alleged deer antler spray to Flacco using the word "retarded" toward Roger Goddell's cold weather Super Bowl, to Pollard's extremist view of the NFL's future, to Reed saying Seau was responsible for "signing up for" the risks of football, and at first, I start to get upset at all the negative press we're getting on such a national stage.

But then I think of all the Redskin, Steeler, Bronco and assorted team's fans who are my friends, who harbor this negative view of Ray and the Ravens, and I start to bask in their self-righteous ire. I like watching these folks stew in their populist ignorance. And then I realize, this is how the Ravens will always succeed - with little external praise, but a raging internal explosion of defiance against the establishment. This isn't the Rocky-type of underdog the mainstream butters up to. It draws out the bigoted underbelly of the typical American nimrod. I hope a few walls get punched in America late on Sunday night. Play like a Raven.