Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up The Ravens are the bad guys

I read all this negativity from Ray's alleged deer antler spray to Flacco using the word "retarded" toward Roger Goddell's cold weather Super Bowl, to Pollard's extremist view of the NFL's future, to Reed saying Seau was responsible for "signing up for" the risks of football, and at first, I start to get upset at all the negative press we're getting on such a national stage.

But then I think of all the Redskin, Steeler, Bronco and assorted team's fans who are my friends, who harbor this negative view of Ray and the Ravens, and I start to bask in their self-righteous ire. I like watching these folks stew in their populist ignorance. And then I realize, this is how the Ravens will always succeed - with little external praise, but a raging internal explosion of defiance against the establishment. This isn't the Rocky-type of underdog the mainstream butters up to. It draws out the bigoted underbelly of the typical American nimrod. I hope a few walls get punched in America late on Sunday night. Play like a Raven.

Blog Entries

Re: The Ravens are the bad guys

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    I read all this negativity from Ray's alleged deer antler spray to Flacco using the word "retarded" toward Roger Goddell's cold weather Super Bowl, to Pollard's extremist view of the NFL's future, to Reed saying Seau was responsible for "signing up for" the risks of football, and at first, I start to get upset at all the negative press we're getting on such a national stage.

But then I think of all the Redskin, Steeler, Bronco and assorted team's fans who are my friends, who harbor this negative view of Ray and the Ravens, and I start to bask in their self-righteous ire. I like watching these folks stew in their populist ignorance. And then I realize, this is how the Ravens will always succeed - with little external praise, but a raging internal explosion of defiance against the establishment. This isn't the Rocky-type of underdog the mainstream butters up to. It draws out the bigoted underbelly of the typical American nimrod. I hope a few walls get punched in America late on Sunday night. Play like a Raven.
    Teams, at least the good ones, seem to have an identity. The Ravens' is this one. They play with a chip on their shoulder.

Blog Entries

it's been that way...

Flacco complaining about being elite
    Ravens going against the HUGELY emotional story of Pagano and Chuckstrong

Ravens are not generally the media darlings. We're used to winnning games in a very non-flashy manner, we're a strong, physical team...our offensive style doesn't really fit with the "norm" (Anquan and Torrey each could disappear one week, then take over the game the next week, many catches by RBs and TEs)

Just the way we like it.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

Just the way we like it.
    I think this sentence should typify the attitude Ravens fans should have.

I recently had my aunt, who is a Buffalo Bills fan and who loves me just fine, write a scathing, typical ignorant post on my Facebook timeline about how the Ravens are second class and don't deserve to play the Patriots. I responded, saying something to the effect of "we enjoy leaving the public with broken hearts and shattered dreams." We wear the black hat. Like it or not, we aren't very well liked. And don't get me wrong, I like people in general, but when it comes to their perception of the Ravens, I take a certain satisfaction in seeing the bottom fall out of their world, at least in sports.

5. Re: The Ravens are the bad guys

The Ravens aren't getting much love at all. All I keep hearing about is Kaepernick, how do you stop-- sound familiar?

I love what I'm seeing so far from the interviews in NO. They seem loose and natural. Reed has been as giddy as I've ever seen him and seems to have a creepy sparkle in his eyes. If anything, the 49ers seem tight.

7. Re: The Ravens are the bad guys

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I love what I'm seeing so far from the interviews in NO. They seem loose and natural. Reed has been as giddy as I've ever seen him and seems to have a creepy sparkle in his eyes. If anything, the 49ers seem tight.
    Exactly what I've picked up on as well. I just can't help but feel very good about this game. That may be just me, but I have a lot of confidence in our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    The Ravens aren't getting much love at all. All I keep hearing about is Kaepernick, how do you stop-- sound familiar?
    I open up this link to where NFL.com debates Kaepernick vs. Flacco and all seven of them pick Kaepernick. For 16 years they hated us because we played tough defense oriented football and then we finally get a pocket QB who's playing at a Super Bowl caliber level and now? "Colin Kaepernick is the future of the NFL", "Colin Kaepernick is the wave of the present -- and future", "It's tight, but NFL evolution tugs me in one direction".

Once again we're the unsexy team stuck playing yesteryear's style of football (who knew Brady and Manning style of quarterbacking would fall out of vogue with all this RGIII/Wilson/Kaepernick knob slobbing?)

I like being the bad guys. It makes winning that much sweeter!

iggyman555 Guest

Blog Entries

There are certain teams that fans of the sport love to hate. We're one of them along with the Patrtiots. The Raiders used to be that way but they've sucked for so long that hate has turned into apathy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    There are certain teams that fans of the sport love to hate. We're one of them along with the Patrtiots. The Raiders used to be that way but they've sucked for so long that hate has turned into apathy.
    Agreed. You could probably make an argument for the Cowboys in there as well.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.