Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Ravens are the bad guys

People just don't like the Ravens. The players talk smack, they're tough and physical, old school style footballers and people can't dig that. Almost any other team in the leauge in the Ravens position would be the cinderella story, we're just the underdogs with no chance. Fuck em.

Blog Entries

yeah, so far, the majority of people picking have gone 49ers...Ryan Clark had ulterior motives (he didn't want to hear us smack talking all season lol), but eveyone else has been claiming the 49ers are younger and more dynamic, and just will find the way to get that one play over us that puts them over the top.

And that is fine. Keep telling us we're just a hair short of good enough. This seriously goes hand in hand with the Muhammad Ali story Jack Harbaugh gave to the 2008 Ravens, mentioned on the Harbaugh Roundtable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v-akeLNyIo
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries
    When people bring up Ray and murder and say "no offense" I always smile and tell them it doesn't bother me at all. Same thing here, I laugh at them and keep rooting for my team.

Nice OP

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

That's fine with me. As Suggs said, "the bandwagon is full".

Great post!

Bring on the hate. I totally agree this team thrives on it. It is their nature.

Blog Entries

Lemmy from Motorhead once said something like "We're the kind of band that if we move in next door, your lawn will die." That's the Ravens - always taking a shit on somebody's birthday cake.

See also, my sig below, which sums it up for me.

I remember in 2000 thinking, and hoping, that the Ravens would have this huge surge in popularity. I thought people would love us and our defense, and across the country people would jump on the bandwagon like they did for the Steelers and Raiders of the seventies.

Somewhere along the past thirteen years, I went from hoping other people would grow to love my team, to not caring, to now actively saying screw you, you didn't want to love us then, don't even think about it now. I would feel as dirty as a stripper at a Duke lacrosse party if we attracted the front-runners who also root for the Lakers, Yankees, Carolina, and Bama.

The very headline of this column in the Washington Post made me want to go find someone wearing a rubber pig snout run them through a meat grinder: "Hail to the Ravens?..." http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...5e7_story.html Read the whole thing if you really want to get pissed off.

Don't you DARE soil my beautiful purple with your burgundy and yellow slime. I don't want the your 'regional' love, I don't want Squealer fans rooting for us for AFC North pride, I don't want Cleveland fans rooting for us for... well, nevermind. At least we don't have to worry about Cleveland fans rooting for us.

Every team with success has haters. Since coming to Baltimore the Ravens have won 150 game, made 9 playoff appearance and are going to their second Super Bowl. Joe Flacco has won more playoff games in the last 5 years than the Cardinals, saints, Bucs, Lions, Falcons and Bengals have won in their history. We have beaten a lot of teams in important games, we have ended a lot of seasons, and we have players who like to talk smack sometimes even though they mostly back it up. Over the last 10 years the 49 ears have been largely irrelevant.

It doesn't matter though, this is not American Idol. Nobody votes for who wins this game. the Ravens need to take care of business on Sunday and then who cares what the rest of the country thinks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That's fine with me. As Suggs said, "the bandwagon is full".
    Yup! We don't want them anyway

Blog Entries

I think the Ravens seem to compare favorably with the 1970 Raiders.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Don't you DARE soil my beautiful purple with your dried blood and urine slime.
    FTFY! Official Deadskin colors!
    I don't want the your 'regional' love, I don't want Squealer fans rooting for us for AFC North pride, I don't want Cleveland fans rooting for us for... well, nevermind. At least we don't have to worry about Cleveland fans rooting for us.
    But I don't mind Cincy fans rooting for us...well, at least one of them...:D

Opposing fans/teams and the media don't have to like us, but they better damn sure respect us. Or we will just take that respect from them. Bring on the hate!