Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 53 Man Roster, 50 player radio shows

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Why does everyone feel that Anita is shoved down your throat? Who would you rather have in place of her? Is there someone who isn't getting on the Baltimore sports airwaves that needs to be?
    About 2 or 3 years ago, the 5-8 timeslot on ESPN Radio was occupied by the Sports Jocks show with Paul Mittermier and Steve Stofburgh. I loved the show and think it was the best weekday show 1300 has ever had. Both host were knowledgable about Baltimore sports, historically and currently, opinionated, and easy to listen to. Stofburgh still is in the booth somedays with Anita. I don't know where Mittermier is, but he was doing on field reports at Ravens games for someone recently.

I find Anita unlistenable, reguardless of her looks. Whenever I switch her show on, I know within 5 minutes I will hear an update on her hair, nails, or nightlife. She seems to know nothing of Baltimore sports, and instead beguiles her listeners with Stuart Scott boldness until a producer or soundman can jump into the conversation with real substance. I do like a number of her boothmates (especially our TL), but can't help but find myself tuning her out whenever she speaks.

Hmm. How gallant of you to rush to her defense, then.
    Defense? How in the world did I defend her? hardly....I'm Just trying to understand why everyone is bashing her other than she is an out of towner or her looks, keep in mind this is radio. Her knowledge seems to be secondary to those who have spoke about it.

If your interviews are also relevant, informed and interesting, then you really have something going.
    Well She has Ray lewis on her show, that seem interesting and relevant to me.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Defense? How in the world did I defend her? hardly....I'm Just trying to understand why everyone is bashing her other than she is an out of towner or her looks, keep in mind this is radio. Her knowledge seems to be secondary to those who have spoke about it.

Well She has Ray lewis on her show, that seem interesting and relevant to me.
    You can have an interesting, relevant interview of the defensive coordinator of the Tennessee Titans, and you can have a boring, irrelevant interview of the future HOFer MLB from the Ravens. DF interviewed John Buren for an hour a couple of months ago. It was outstanding - wide ranging, touching on a lot of things of interest to a local sports fan - even though Buren is relatively anonymous now.

On the other hand, boring interviews of more recognizable folks are a dime a dozen.

It's not the identity of the person being interviewed that makes the interview interesting, relevant, and informed. It's the quality of the interview itself.

Really, if you've never listened to her, you can stop defending her by challenging all those who are being critical. And you can stop denying you're defending her, too, it's kind of obvious you are. And being that obvious is not your style, Crazy. It's beneath you.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Really, if you've never listened to her, you can stop defending her by challenging all those who are being critical. And you can stop denying you're defending her, too, it's kind of obvious you are. And being that obvious is not your style, Crazy. It's beneath you.
    I havent challegened any one. I simply asked a question. I cant get the station. I'm in NOVA. Holy Moly, I'm not defending her but I will point out a few questionable and cheesey reasons that seem to be the main reason alot posters point to as to why she is bad. One guy actually wrote that he doesnt listen to her just because she is a girl. That seems a little spiteful, dont you think. Why arent you calling that person out?
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by blitzin_ravin View Post
    I don't normally listen to the player's shows during the week. The only one I occasionally listen to is the replay of Nestor's shows since he always mixes up the players.

As far as Anita is concerned, she reminds me of the Sun hiring Laura Vessey to write for them. DON'T BRING AN OUT OF TOWN SPORTS WRITER / PERSONALITY AND SHOVE THEM DOWN OUR THROATS. I don't listen to Anita purely on principle.
    It doesn't take that principle to shun her show. How about the principle of having a clue? She doesn't, and *NEWS FLASH* to all of the morons who watch her because she's Hot.....SHE'S NOT!!! AT ALL! Take away that hair, and she is plainly, and painfully homely!.....She'd make an UGLY transvestite:hammer:

" The horse thing is a borderline cheap shot." No, Not nearly harsh enough!