Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

53 Man Roster, 50 player radio shows

Baltimore sports talk radio is now reaching the point of overkill with every night of the week offering a different Raven on a radio show.

It's sort of what you get with ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Classic, ESPN News, The Ocho, etc. What more can these guys tell us?

Touchdown Baltimore with Johnny Unitas was a good show. You always got a different point of view from a classy man who knew football. Then on top of that we had some good radio getting to the meat of the NFL and the Ravens. Now with the addition to WNST's new programs, and the Viviano show and it's watered down sports talk, how can we get rev'd up over any more fluff?

I am looking forward to the Ray Lewis show, but I am expecting a lot of self serving, I'm the Best speak.

I kind of miss Nestor when he did the show with Baldi at the NFL Films center in New Jersey. That was good quality informative football talk.

Re: 53 Man Roster, 50 player radio shows

Then dont listen. If the shows dont get ratings, they will go. It's that simple.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Sorry, I didn't realize that people in Baltimore stopped caring about quality.

I won't listen to Anita Marks stutter, or the Bulldog talk about losing weight and his failing high school coaching career, I'll stick to Bob Haney, and Rob Long, as the rest of the shows lack intelligence and substinance.

You didn't stay for the second game of the now famous 30-3 doubleheader did you? I will never understand those people who stand by a money driven owner and team, holding on to the past like Mike Flanagan pulled them out of a burning car.

You can have a brain and expectations to be a good fan.

Can't wait to hear the response from this....

Not sure what the O's 30-3 loss has to do with any of this.
    All I was trying to say is the market (or lack there of) will get rid of these shows anyway.
    Frankly, I'm pissed because this steps all over Don and Mike's toes.

I don't normally listen to the player's shows during the week. The only one I occasionally listen to is the replay of Nestor's shows since he always mixes up the players.

As far as Anita is concerned, she reminds me of the Sun hiring Laura Vessey to write for them. DON'T BRING AN OUT OF TOWN SPORTS WRITER / PERSONALITY AND SHOVE THEM DOWN OUR THROATS. I don't listen to Anita purely on principle.
    Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.

I am shocked at the # of player shows, they don't all need to have big heads & their own shows. They just need to play & leave it all on the field. It's not like they are going to do or say anything that will be breaking news. As Johnny U said, talk's cheap.

As far as Miss Miami, she should be sent back to where she came from. She has never brought anything of substance to the sports talk show front in Baltimore & CBS usually has to have someone holding her hand on the show due to her lack of knowledge/depth. CBS as usual trying to force someone down our throats juat because she has a pretty face. I would rather listen to someone who knows/understands what they are talking about. Bob Haynie is the best on the Baltimore airwaves.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Why does everyone feel that Anita is shoved down your throat? Who would you rather have in place of her? Is there someone who isn't getting on the Baltimore sports airwaves that needs to be?
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I can't believe you consider Anita Marks "A pretty face".

She looks like a horse.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

anita should have been sent back to flordia a long time ago shes horrible and knows nothing tune into wnst they tell it how it is and dont suger coat everything

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Why does everyone feel that Anita is shoved down your throat? Who would you rather have in place of her? Is there someone who isn't getting on the Baltimore sports airwaves that needs to be?
    Well, they're on a different station, but Michael Popovich and Mark Sutchy are both *outstanding* off hour hosts, in my humble opinion (wild guesses spelling both their names, sorry).

Not that they need or want Marks' gig, but if people complain she's not local, not knowledgeable about local sports or concerns, and seems constantly to have her hand being held by someone who knows more then she does, those are all 100% fair criticisms.

The horse thing is a borderline cheap shot. ;)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Not that they need or want Marks' gig, but if people complain she's not local, not knowledgeable about local sports or concerns, and seems constantly to have her hand being held by someone who knows more then she does, those are all 100% fair criticisms.
    I dont know much about her. I can't say that I've listen to her. However when I hear that she has a pretty face or a face like a horse I dont understand how that subtracts from to her appeal especially since the media is radio. In Sports Radio all you need is an opinion. I get the feeling that if your not from Baltimore You're going to get killed by the vocal minority. Because the main thing coming out of this thread are those two things, her personal appearance and that she is an out of towner.

Having a sidekick shouldnt be a strike against her unless the sidekick is a bad. Some people just cant talk to themselves the entire day.

I know the show is broadcast on MASN so Im going to try to Tivo it today or next week for the Ray Lewis show. Thats the only way I can hear it is by watching it. Im not from the area.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I dont know much about her. I can't say that I've listen to her.
    Hmm. How gallant of you to rush to her defense, then.

In Sports Radio all you need is an opinion.
    I disagree. In sports radio, if you are *good*, it's because your opinions are (a) relevant, (b) informed, and (c) interesting.

If your interviews are also relevant, informed and interesting, then you really have something going.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.