Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Profootball Talk Anti-Ravens sentiment...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Peter King has a very interesting take on how America is sick of Ray Lewis and this is all a backlash. In my opinion Florio will publish anything that attracts eyeballs so he's more that willing to jump all over it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...r_a1&eref=sihp

Whenever I write about Lewis, a string of angry tweets and/or e-mails follow, asking how can I always gloss over the fact that Lewis was a murderer. I don't gloss over it, because you're innocent 'til proven guilty in this country, and Lewis was never convicted of murder, and so in my eyes he's not a murderer. Did something bad happen that night that we'll never know the full story about? Certainly. Was Lewis disingenuous with authorities about the case? Apparently, because of the obstruction-of-justice conviction. But it's pretty serious business to call a man a murderer, and no one has ever produced credible evidence that he is one. If you want to believe in his guilt for the killings, go ahead. I don't.

But the one other facet of Lewis that has become very well-worn in the last month or so is his public display of emotion. In the Baltimore Sun Tuesday, columnist Mike Preston puts it this way: "This crying, praying, quoting Scripture and dropping to his knees during the past two games has gone too far. I believe Lewis is serious about his show of emotion. I will never question his commitment to Christianity or his love for God. But I've watched Lewis for 17 years, and while he is the ultimate team guy, he is also the ultimate 'I' guy. He loves his fellow players, but Ray Lewis loves him some Ray Lewis, which is why he talks about himself in the third person. He likes the theater and loves to be a showman, but when is enough, enough? Even within the past week, more Baltimore fans are being turned off by his behavior as the network cameras zoom in. Microphones and recorders collect his every word even though we're not sure what he is talking about at times.''
    Mike who? Is he that fat guy who played local college ball and that's it.
    The guy the Ravens locked out of their locker room because he made stuff up?
    That guy? Why does anyone care what that blowhard has to say?
    That guy needs to stop eating those donuts and leave sports reporting up to those who might ACTUALLY know something about it.

Blog Entries

Might start agreeing...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ned-substance/

So, the counterpoint article that says Ray denies using it, seems fine until the last paragraph. Basically they say "But the SI article DID say he took it, and many athletes probably take this, and the NFL is going to have to do something about it, but lucky for Lewis, it'll take them too long"

Very easily could've said "The NFL will have to investigate here to see who is telling the truth, but it appears, that will take longer than this weekend's game"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Might start agreeing...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ned-substance/

So, the counterpoint article that says Ray denies using it, seems fine until the last paragraph. Basically they say "But the SI article DID say he took it, and many athletes probably take this, and the NFL is going to have to do something about it, but lucky for Lewis, it'll take them too long"

Very easily could've said "The NFL will have to investigate here to see who is telling the truth, but it appears, that will take longer than this weekend's game"
    The article never says SI said he did take it...only that he was sent the stuff.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.