Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3940414243 ... LastLast

Re: Ray Lewis PED Allegations (Merged)

Ive used the product, it didnt work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenray View Post
    Aaron Wilson just twitted the dirtbag Mitch Ross and his partner are flying down to NO on Friday to hold a news conference.
    Regardless of Ross' motives for talking to SI, I don't like this at all.

I don't think there's any question that Ray and this guy have a history - which clearly goes back 2 years - so, if this guy can produce shipping slips, etc., it's not going to look good.

Of course, Ray is going to deny ever using any of it, but the more this guy can possibly provide, the more incriminating it will look.

I think Ray made a big mistake in calling the guy out yesterday, instead of just denying that he ever used any of it. He may have "motivated" this guy to say more.

Regardless of the junk science of it, it just doesn't look good and he's put the organization in a tough spot. They've gone to bat from him - and supported his denial - hopefully, they won't have to forever defend a SB title against allegation of it being tainted.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Ross said that he "programs the deer antler extract with brain wave frequency."
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Couple of Docs from Johns Hopkins already said this shit don't even work.

If It Quacks Like A Duck

Its a quack, and so is Mitch Ross........
    http://audio.weei.com/a/70411387/mit...llegations.htm

He claims to program "deer velvet extract with brain wave frequency" LOL
    He hasn't read the SI, story.
    Can't wait for his press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenray View Post
    Couple of Docs from Johns Hopkins already said this shit don't even work.
    Total quack.......surprised he is not in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Total quack.......surprised he is not in jail.
    He was already sued and lost, but has NOT paid up.
    Maybe that is his motivation...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I think Ray made a big mistake in calling the guy out yesterday, instead of just denying that he ever used any of it. He may have "motivated" this guy to say more.

Regardless of the junk science of it, it just doesn't look good and he's put the organization in a tough spot. They've gone to bat from him - and supported his denial - hopefully, they won't have to forever defend a SB title against allegation of it being tainted.
    I agree that Ray should have just denied taking that stuff and left it there. Media day was Tuesday, so why is he still talking to reporters? The Ravens need to pull the plug on any more Ray Lewis interviews until after the Super Bowl. I am a huge Ray Lewis fan, and even I am getting tired of hearing him talk. Nothing good is coming from it. Ray is an important player on the Ravens, but he is not the entire team. I don't think that there is any risk of a Super Bowl win being interpreted as being tainted due to these allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I agree that Ray should have just denied taking that stuff and left it there. Media day was Tuesday, so why is he still talking to reporters? The Ravens need to pull the plug on any more Ray Lewis interviews until after the Super Bowl. I am a huge Ray Lewis fan, and even I am getting tired of hearing him talk. Nothing good is coming from it. Ray is an important player on the Ravens, but he is not the entire team. I don't think that there is any risk of a Super Bowl win being interpreted as being tainted due to these allegations.
    Ray already said the man is a huckster and a quack.....he can't even believe that SI would do a story on an obvious charlatan and a quack.

After all this.. I can't see how Ray would still want to work for any kind of media outlet. Let alone ESPN.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/quack

Its hilarious, any "reporter" would know immediately that this was a quack and a non-story.
    This guys sends all the athletes this shit for free.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Regardless of Ross' motives for talking to SI, I don't like this at all.

I don't think there's any question that Ray and this guy have a history - which clearly goes back 2 years - so, if this guy can produce shipping slips, etc., it's not going to look good.

Of course, Ray is going to deny ever using any of it, but the more this guy can possibly provide, the more incriminating it will look.

I agree with all of this.

My thing is Ray immediately tried to turn it into a 2 year old story, when the story was about what happened in October of this year.

I think the Ravens PR did a poor job of prepping him for the questions...it's like Ray had no idea that this article was referring to this past October.

If I were Ray, and I did in fact talk to him in October (which he admitted in another article), I would have just said, yes, I talked to him, I got some of the stuff, but I did not use that spray.

Just implying that the October conversation never happened on the first day, and flat out denying that he took anything basically yesterday is going to look really, really bad if...if the guy every releases invoices or that phone conversation tape.

In the end, IMHO, it sucks that we have to deal with this stuff as fans this week.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.