Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
    NFL players are using drugs to enhance their physical ability (except Todd Heap) to the point where it's a non-story unless someone has an agenda and wants to call it out.
    This. Have you actually stopped to see the physical freaks in the NFL?

MLB gets chastised because of the dirty players, yet somehow the NFL gets a free pass. Probably because football is more of a team sport.

Even when NFL players get busted, no one seems to care. But in baseball they are skewered.

There does seem to be a bit of a double standard between illegal substance use in the MLB vs the NFL.

Blog Entries

PETA is going to be coming after him next.

LOL
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I don't want the team to be labelled as a cheater because of what Lewis may/may not have taken.
    Yes our entire team are cheaters because Ray Lewis took some deer velvet *roles eyes* if that's the best they have I won't be losing sleep over it.

This is such a non story. Actually alot of people know about the deer-antler spray and negatively charged water (alkaline water) Kangen makes the machine. Nothing illegal about it. No actual scientific evidence it works either, but it might, or placebo effect. Try ZMA actually very similar, uses a natural supplement of Zinc Magnesium Aspartate that stimulates YOUR body to produce Natural human growth hormone= good for brain function and muscle growth and sleep. Big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    It seems like this company goes out of its way to record their conversations with players:

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2JO6wRpRc

Why so eager to have a recording of everything? A pen camera? Really?

Lewis would be dumb enough to directly call this guy and say "pile it up and send it to me"? Really? He wouldn't insulate himself at all from the transactions? Maybe he will say he didn't see anything wrong with it????

If IGF-1 is banned and you eat deer antler extract which contains IGF-1, then you just consumed a banned substance. Plain and simple. How could you not think that would come back to bite you?

Not good to see Merriman listed either.
    Looks like they wanted to have a way to convince others to use the substance...they knew that no players would be outspoken in support of it because it is banned, so this way, they could have something to show future clients.

Although to me it clearly would defeat the purpose as they are now going to be looked at as snitches.

Dropping this gets their name out...big time.

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
    So what if Ray did? A 37 year old turning to sports science to repair his body to compete with men 15 years younger than him. From how the national media talk about Ray losing his ability to play football because of his age one would have to assume that drugs aren't helping at all. NFL players are using drugs to enhance their physical ability (except Todd Heap) to the point where it's a non-story unless someone has an agenda and wants to call it out. To me this is just like holding, it happens on every play it just doesn't get called very often.
    Dude...if he took it, he cheated. Bottom line. If a Steeler or Patriot was doing it, it doesn't matter...anybody who did this cheated.

We'll have to wait to see if anything else comes out of it, but the damage has been and will continue to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    I am beginning to hate what football is becoming in this country. From fans who spew ignorance and hate to the media digging up crap just to have a story. Mike Florio is the lowest piece of trash known to mankind. He has always hated on the Ravens. Everyone wants to discredit the Ravens in some way this week from Flacco to Ray. I've had it and I won't be watching the sports coverage OR fan forums (other than the Ravens forums). Bunch of jealous haters who don't have a fucking life...pardon my french but this shit brings out the worst in me.
    What the hell does Florio have to do with this? He simply is reporting something that another respected media outlet reported. Did you complain when he ran with the Ben Rape stories?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Unless there is proof of a failed drug test, this is a hack article.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    if this is true, it's a banned substance.

The key is really going to be, would/did he fail a drug test?

If not, not enough evidence to prove it. Maybe he bought it and didn't use it. I'm telling you, WHOLE thing smells of a hack job.
    I agree, smells like a hack job. I get that it's a banned substance however I highly doubt that most NFL players are the size and strength they are through natural selection. There may be some legal drugs that can get someone to that size, I know nothing about this drug industry, but I am sure that if the NFL found out about it they would ban them too. My point being that you could probably call out 75% of the players on any NFL team that are using banned substances. Obviously this is my opinion and I can't back this up except through observation of physical stature.

Blog Entries

These people never learn. This piece of well-timed mud slinging is just another opportunity for the team to get even more determined to win this. The chip on the shoulder just got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Does anyone have any proof he used it?
    I'm guessing no.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Isn't this story years old?

I remember someone pointing out that several athletes receive offers like this all the time and instead of arguing they just say "sure send it to me".

Does anyone have any proof he used it?
    Yeah the Alabama stuff is old.

The excuse will be that he ordered the entire SWATS package, which consists of holographic stickers, etc., and the package just so happened to contain some deer antler stuff.

It is a stupid decision regardless. A lot of this seems like junk science, and to risk being associated with a banned substance is idiotic IMO.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    PETA is going to be coming after him next.

LOL
    hey, don't worry...the antlers grow back faster than anything on Earth according to the back alley former stripper "scientists" that are selling this stuff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scbgirlxo View Post
    I'm guessing no.
    Non story. Moving on.