Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3435363738 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    WADA and USADA clearly disagree.
    So again, let me ask...

NFL doesn't seem to be moving on this. What is your thought on that? Just laying in wait? Ambivalence? In cohoots with Ray?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

WADA and USADA clearly disagree.
    I've checked I don't see where they've banned deer antler.

Maybe they have but I can't find it.

I am also speaking from the position of the worthiness of the news. It was and continues to be a news worthy story and those calls that this story will / should die down is naive as well. Yes, some outlets are acting in an irresponsible manner but the story itself is something the media can and should report on.
    It's been an unworthy story to begin with. But now even the NFL Network appears to be tired of talking about it. I've been watching NFLN all day recovering from a dentist appt. It's quickly become an afterthought there and ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    So again, let me ask...

NFL doesn't seem to be moving on this. What is your thought on that? Just laying in wait? Ambivalence? In cohoots with Ray?
    They can't. They don't test Super Bowl week and I doubt the NFLPA would consent to such testing unless it's in the CBA.

Nor do I think they'd want to at this point just in case there's is indeed an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    But now even the NFL Network appears to be tired of talking about it. I've been watching NFLN all day recovering from a dentist appt. It's quickly become an afterthought there and ESPN.
    Yup, just as predicted, the story is hitting the backburners. The general theme is "Well the NFL doesn't give it any creedence, why should we?". Saw this on some of the ESPN shows today.

Blog Entries

They can't. They don't test Super Bowl week and I doubt the NFLPA would consent to such testing unless it's in the CBA.

Nor do I think they'd want to at this point just in case there's is indeed an issue.
    Which is why, to me, it's a non-story. At this point, they can't prove whether or not he took it because by this point, there'd be no lingering amounts of the spray in his body, and even more because they HAVE no test for it. So Ray Lewis won't get suspended, Ravens couldn't be penalized.

It's really going to be one man's story versus another. It leaves a question mark on Lewis' character, but it's not like Mitch Ross is a reputable name with the NFL, so how do we know that where he's making smoke, there really is a fire?

Which is why I agree with what alienrace posted...

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Yup, just as predicted, the story is hitting the backburners. The general theme is "Well the NFL doesn't give it any creedence, why should we?". Saw this on some of the ESPN shows today.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

The don't ban fake bullshit spray either so it's okay to take this crap

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Not his statement, but I have seen MANY people reference that the amount of IGF in Deer Spray is a small amount. That seems to be the claim of SWATS too, they said it shouldn't be an illegal substance, seems to be one of the big reasons they went public with this story, trying to convince the world that their stuff should be allowed.
    This is one of my points.... WHY NOW would they want to come out to convince the world their stuff should be allowed? Why not a week ago, a month ago, a year ago? Instead they come out during SUPERBOWL WEEK when a high profile person who has purchased their stuff just so happens to be in the Superbowl. It reeks heavily as to motive of this guy and the media for running with it without any research and fact checking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    This is one of my points.... WHY NOW would they want to come out to convince the world their stuff should be allowed? Why not a week ago, a month ago, a year ago? Instead they come out during SUPERBOWL WEEK when a high profile person who has purchased their stuff just so happens to be in the Superbowl. It reeks heavily as to motive of this guy and the media for running with it without any research and fact checking.
    Small point of correction. Ray didn't buy it. The guy sent it to him... probably for either a) hopes of an endorsement or b) exactly what's happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Usually the league will, at the minium, issue a statement acknowledging that they've heard the story and will conduct their own investigation later but they don't seem to be even entertaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

Exactly. From what I can see, they specifIcally ban IGF-1, they don't specifically ban Deer Antler (velvet) extract spray - which, according to most published opinions, contains little - or no - IGF-1.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 01-30-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!