Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

From what I've read milk and salmon either contain their own IGF-1 or can stimulate it's production in the body.

Are milk and salmon banned? What if players ate a shit ton of salmon and milk? Would that be considered using a banned substance?

What is the extent of something being banned? You can't ingest/inject it at all? Like 0%? That seems impossible for something like IGF-1, if normal foods like milk and salmon contain it.

Our drinking water has all sorts of contaminants, but they are below the levels set by government, and not deemed hazardous.

I understand taking a concentrated form of IGF-1 being banned, but you can't completely ban something that occurs naturally. It seems to me you have to have some % levels of what would likely lead to performance enhancement. If something has 0.01% IGF-1, how much impact would it really have? Just like alcohol %'s and DUI. A certain % and you are in trouble, below that you are not.

And the NFL set themselves up for failure by not requiring blood testing. If you ban certain things that can only be detected via blood, but then don't test blood, you are inviting suspicion and usage. I have little doubt PEDs are as rampant in the NFL as in the MLB, yet the MLB is held to a different standard.
    Last edited by bt12483; 01-30-2013 at 10:20 AM.

People relating this to Armstrong need to search for "antler" on a fitness forum. This stuff is pure snake oil and no where near comparable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The Armstrong example proves Florios point -- the absence of a failed drug test doesn't prove innocence.
    Is this the kind of world we live in now?

Seriously, Armstrong had tons of accusers, for years. Ray has never failed any drug test, never been accused of taking anything before, and suddenly some yahoo claims Ray took a banned substance and people are gonna believe him?

Oh, not to mention the NFL never commissioned a test on the spray, and oh, BY THE WAY, it's highly unlikely the spray EVEN CONTAINS the banned substance - http://www.baltimoresun.com/business...,7725655.story

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,1977631.story

“Ray has been randomly tested for banned substances and has never failed a test. He has never been notified of a failed test,” said Kevin Byrne, the Ravens’ vice president of communications. “He denied using the substance discussed in the article, and we believe him.
    Obviously not straight from the horses mouth though

OMG, I cannot believe this is even being seriously discussed. It's ridiculous, no matter what some in the media (and here) think or say. This "company" is a couple of snake oil salesman. The stuff is pure gimmick. Add that to the fact that there is reputable scientific evidence that refutes the claims of the story, and there you go. Mountain meet molehill. Is it Sunday yet?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Ok, here's the interview ....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-...nned-substance

Again, not seeing a denial, only refusals to answer the question.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...tract/1874671/

Im not seeing the video I saw (which i cant find now), which he did answer it directly but that article has a quote.

When asked directly whether he had used the spray during his recovery this season, Lewis said, "Nah, never."
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    And Armstrong publicly denied so how does doing so hold more weight?
    I'm not talking about denials with the Florio article, just his point that the absence of a failed drug test doesn't prove innocence.

But you raise a good point still. Lance is pathological. So his denials have been practiced over time and, for years, he lied so much I'm sure on some level he started believing them himself.

Ray is not a skilled liar, thus denials from him now would go a long way with a trained person. Refusing to answer questions is not a denial. Using a team surrogate is not a denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    If Ray know's he didn't do it (hell even if he did) he know's it can't be proven, he know's it's a non story. Why does he even need to talk about it? Move on, next question, that would be my attitude, I don't have to deny that I did anything.
    Just because Ravens fans want this to be a non-story doesn't make it so.

Some were saying this story would be dead by now. It's not. Mike & Mike are talking about it, NFLN just did a few minutes on it, etc. Heck, CNN spent some time on it today.

It's PED's. Like it or not, that's a hot button topic in sorts and when one of the sports greatest gets linked to it, it's going to get run on all the outlets.

Just because Ravens fans want this to be a non-story doesn't make it so.

Some were saying this story would be dead by now. It's not. Mike & Mike are talking about it, NFLN just did a few minutes on it, etc. Heck, CNN spent some time on it today.

It's PED's. Like it or not, that's a hot button topic in sorts and when one of the sports greatest gets linked to it, it's going to get run on all the outlets.
    And just because you do doesn't make it so. It's all BS media hype. No coincidence this came out on media day, huh?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NJRaven View Post
    People relating this to Armstrong need to search for "antler" on a fitness forum. This stuff is pure snake oil and no where near comparable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    That's what I've been saying, the shit doesn't work to begin with. If it did they couldn't keep it on the shelf.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I get the feeling a lot of people here would be reacting differently if this was a Patriots player.

Honestly, is anyone really surprised by this? Let's not be naive to the likely fact that most of these guys are probably doing something like this. Is this report kind of shady BS? Sure. Is it true? I'm sure it is.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...tract/1874671/

Im not seeing the video I saw (which i cant find now), which he did answer it directly but that article has a quote.
    Glad to see this.

Just wish it was on the video. Still have not seen these words spoken during the interviews.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantoom View Post
    I get the feeling a lot of people here would be reacting differently if this was a Patriots player.

Honestly, is anyone really surprised by this? Let's not be naive to the likely fact that most of these guys are probably doing something like this. Is this report kind of shady BS? Sure. Is it true? I'm sure it is.
    If football players are on anything, they are probably taking hgh which isn't tested. Why would they take some deer antler crap when they can get stuff that is medical grade and works?