Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Results 217 to 228 of 575
  1. #217
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,679
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...



    This just looks like one of those things where people who hate Ray are going to jump on it, the media will use it to get clicks, but in the end, as far as being anything substantial (i.e. -- "Ray cheated", which is what, I assume, SI/ESPN are shooting for here) there's nothing to suggest this stuff actually contained enough (or any) of the banned substance.

    It may show that Ray intended to violate the league drug policy.

    But then again, given the number of NFL players connected with it -- in a public way -- and the letters from the NFL telling them not to shill for the company (but not, apparently, telling them explicitly NOT to use the spray, unless I missed that part) I'd have to say that the NFL is very clear in what it tells players. If it tells them "don't take this spray" and they do, then clearly they've violated the policy.

    IF the NFL only said "don't do ads for this company" - but stopped short of telling them not to use the spray -- then I can only conclude that the NFL did not intend to bar players from using the spray.

    Again, the NFL has more lawyers than it can shake a stick at. If they want to get a point across to the players about what to do or not to do, I take it at face value that they've said exactly what they intended to say. So if the NFL didn't tell them not to use the spray, then the NFL didn't view use of the spray as a violation.

    If I mischaracerized any of the "evidence" so far, please let me know. But this is what I take from all of the above.
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




  2. #218
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,594
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

    listening to ESPN radio he said the exact same thing that I posted. If this stuff worked, there'd be a lot of people drinking it. It doesn't.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  3. #219

    Re: Thanks, media

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So now we are mad at the media for doing their job?

    Where was this disdain when PFT was running stories ad nauseum about Ben raping someone?

    You can't ask for the media to be more involved then get mad at the outcome. There isn't a media outlet on the planet that would have ignored this story, given the controversy surrounding PED's in pro sports.
    I know you like to play Devil's advocate, but this is a little ridiculous.

    People aren't made at the media for doing their job, we are mad at them for running with a story that is fishy, has tons of holes, and they haven't done their research. People here are mad at the media NOT doing their job, and NOT being thorough.

    Christ, the extract likely doesn't even contain the substance, regardless of whether Ray used it or not.




  4. #220

    Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    This just looks like one of those things where people who hate Ray are going to jump on it, the media will use it to get clicks, but in the end, as far as being anything substantial (i.e. -- "Ray cheated", which is what, I assume, SI/ESPN are shooting for here) there's nothing to suggest this stuff actually contained enough (or any) of the banned substance.

    It may show that Ray intended to violate the league drug policy.

    But then again, given the number of NFL players connected with it -- in a public way -- and the letters from the NFL telling them not to shill for the company (but not, apparently, telling them explicitly NOT to use the spray, unless I missed that part) I'd have to say that the NFL is very clear in what it tells players. If it tells them "don't take this spray" and they do, then clearly they've violated the policy.

    IF the NFL only said "don't do ads for this company" - but stopped short of telling them not to use the spray -- then I can only conclude that the NFL did not intend to bar players from using the spray.

    Again, the NFL has more lawyers than it can shake a stick at. If they want to get a point across to the players about what to do or not to do, I take it at face value that they've said exactly what they intended to say. So if the NFL didn't tell them not to use the spray, then the NFL didn't view use of the spray as a violation.

    If I mischaracerized any of the "evidence" so far, please let me know. But this is what I take from all of the above.
    Well i would say that its not the NFLs job to tell the players they cant use the spray. I think they went above and beyond just by telling players to not associate with the company. They put out the banned substance list and then its on the player not to put products in their body that contain said substance. But i agree with you in the sense that even if this doesnt contain the banned substance, Ray will still look bad because hes acting like he didnt take it, and he knew it was supposed to contain the banned substance. So it would be hard for him to turn around and say, "yeah, i took it, but I knew it didnt really contain the banned substance, or at least not enough of it to actually do anything". Bottom line, if he drank the antler extract, its going to hurt his legacy, fair or not.




  5. #221
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,403
    Just because some Ravens fans think its fishy or full of holes doesn't mean it is.

    This has traction to non-Raven fans and the media for one reason -- it's a legit story to report.

    Now maybe down the road it gets disproven, explained, etc but as it stands, right now its a story that every media outlet can and should report on.

    I know we've become a society that likes opinions validated but this is a story that needs light of day.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #222

    Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/business...,7725655.story

    Mitchell Ross is a scumbag. Guy's got a history...




  7. #223

    Re: Thanks, media

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So now we are mad at the media for doing their job?

    Where was this disdain when PFT was running stories ad nauseum about Ben raping someone?

    You can't ask for the media to be more involved then get mad at the outcome. There isn't a media outlet on the planet that would have ignored this story, given the controversy surrounding PED's in pro sports.
    Hey Houstonsteeler, If they did their job they would not have waited until media day during Super Bowl week to release the story.




  8. #224
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,403
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyringo View Post
    Hey Houstonsteeler, If they did their job they would not have waited until media day during Super Bowl week to release the story.
    Hey Mr Hyperbole, I've been the biggest defender of Ray around here.

    Your not so clever euphemism doesn't change the fact it's a news worthy story.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #225
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,679
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

    Quote Originally Posted by outlander512 View Post
    Well i would say that its not the NFLs job to tell the players they cant use the spray. I think they went above and beyond just by telling players to not associate with the company. They put out the banned substance list and then its on the player not to put products in their body that contain said substance.
    Not sure I quite understand. Here you have a bunch of players and a coach, publicly touting this on a website and in videos.

    How could they all be so stupid if it was banned?

    Seems to me, they must not have thought it was.

    So in responding to them, it seems to me the logical thing for the NFL to say is"this deer antler stuff is a banned substance, do not take it, do not endorse it." Why tell them not to endorse, but stop short of saying not to take it?

    It's one sentence to add to a letter, FFS. It's not a lot of effort to type that one sentence. Again as lawyered up as the NFL is, the tendency is to remind, explicitly, then remind them that you reminded them. To remove all doubt (and of course, liability to the NFL, in the event this stuff turns out to shrink testicles in 20 years).

    Again, if this was a clearly banned substance, the NFL would have said so. Until I see otherwise, that's what this is telling me.
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




  10. #226

    Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

    Where are the phone records? Where are the shipping receipts? Media should be digging, shouldn't they?




  11. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Just because some Ravens fans think its fishy or full of holes doesn't mean it is.

    This has traction to non-Raven fans and the media for one reason -- it's a legit story to report.

    Now maybe down the road it gets disproven, explained, etc but as it stands, right now its a story that every media outlet can and should report on.

    I know we've become a society that likes opinions validated but this is a story that needs light of day.
    Some Ravens fans like to see evidence (which was supposedly available but not provided) before believing something said to be true from what seems to me to be an obvious scam company.

    Ray has flat out denied it. If it is true, this "company" can easily provide the video taped evidence to disprove him. So, ball is in their court.

    Regardless, the ploy of releasing the story.. what.. hours?.. before Ravens take on day 1 of SB media day makes it reek.




  12. #228
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Merrylan
    Posts
    54

    Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

    I thought it was a pretty clever euphemism. Seriously, this is a Ravens forum and you are going out of your way to tweak Ravens fans about an emotionally charged issue. Let people vent a little.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland