Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Re: Thanks, media

I think you're getting too emotionally wrapped up in this. :chill

Don't let the BS storm that is media day get you down. It's just a sideshow distraction. The main event starts on Sunday @ around 6:30. The rest is just white noise.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Here's an article from a year ago of a doctor throwing the BS flag on the deer antler spray: http://thesportdigest.com/2011/02/do...-deer-antlers/.

Basically, yes IGF-1 is a banned substance and yes the deer antler velvet contains IGF-1, but the amount is so minuscule that you would need to take millions of doses to have an effect - your body would naturally create a variance in this hormone greater than what would be show up from this spray. This would explain why several athletes who have admitted to taking the spray haven't failed any tests.

MEh - I've always hated sports media. Bring nothing good (97% of them anyway) to the table.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

The Sun just posted an article essentially saying that IGF-1 is not stable enough to be maintained in a deer antler spray without being freeze dried. Therefore, whether Ray knew it or not, it was highly unlikely that he took a banned substance even if he took the deer antler spray.

The article also points out that the NFL does no blood testing -- which is how a positive IGF-1 result would be found. The NFL only tests urine.

Again, this makes me mad that we now have to spend Super Bowl week talking about a story that might have neither legs nor smoke. Thanks again, SI.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Damn it all to hell. I was pumped to see the team play on Sunday, but now I feel as if the media is squeezing all of the joy out of this Super Bowl with as of yet unproven allegations. If you are going to do this, you better have the goods. You better have everything down dead to rights such that there can be no doubt.

But instead you leave a fanbase hanging out there with a story that can never be fully corroborated and sours everybody on what should be a joyous occasion -- win or lose. Now, they are taking all of the pleasure out of it.

I am not against hearing bad news -- but you better have every t crossed and i dotted before you bring a guy through the mud. And that, they have not done.

Thanks for today, SI, ESPN and PFT. Thanks a whole bunch...
    With you a little.

Instead of just sitting back getting ready for the game, now we gotta listen to people speculate about unprovable shit they/we nothing about.

I like the deer atler plaid. I wanted the wooley Mammoth hair but it is in such short supply.
    But, I must say, there's nothing like bringing in a herd of Scottish deer...

Wait, so now it turns out that the amount of banned substance isn't even enough to be traceable?

WHAT A FUCKING NON-STORY.

DELETE.

So now we are mad at the media for doing their job?

Where was this disdain when PFT was running stories ad nauseum about Ben raping someone?

You can't ask for the media to be more involved then get mad at the outcome. There isn't a media outlet on the planet that would have ignored this story, given the controversy surrounding PED's in pro sports.

They all been drinking too much deer wizz

12 years ago during Superbowl week, the media united us even more than we already were.

We had a MLB who was grilled about an incident that they knew nothing about.

We had a QB who was thought to be our biggest weakness on a defensive minded team.

We had a rookie running back who was stealing the spotlight from the veteran.

We had a string of improbable victoriesm keyed by a divisional round win against the top seed in the AFC where special teams played a huge role.

A hall of fame safety Who was probably as big a leader as the MLB.

And a TE who made huge plays in the playoffs to put us in this position.

Kinda feels like de ja vu to me.

Around the Horn guys are speaking on it as its fact, and ripping Ray for not answering questiongs. Kevin Blackinstone was very upset, and said he should not be allowed to work at ESPN becuase he wouldnt answer questions today at he podium. And to the testing.. I was hearing earlier about the blood test, and they dont do blood tests, and they would need a baseline first, to even do an accurate test. But SalPal reported earlier that the NFLPA said the NFL DOES test for the substance that makes reighndeer fly..er...makes you heel faster.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So now we are mad at the media for doing their job?

Where was this disdain when PFT was running stories ad nauseum about Ben raping someone?

You can't ask for the media to be more involved then get mad at the outcome. There isn't a media outlet on the planet that would have ignored this story, given the controversy surrounding PED's in pro sports.
    No.

I am mad that they ran a story, what seems to be prematurely. And to top it off, what the company claims they gave him, we don't know if he took, and if he took it, it is such a small amount it would have little to no affect.

And to top it off, they're reporting it as they do everything - to hype it up and lead people to believe this is the next BALCO scandal and Ray is Barry Bonds, Mark Mcguire and Jose Canseco combined.