Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Its ESPN and his future gig that's waving a big happy good bye if this gets worse.
    yeah, its totally worse than what Michael Irvin did...

ESPN job out of the window, next opportunity will arise just like that for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NJRaven View Post
    the stuff is a total sham. some of the things on the banned list are, in the words of joe flacco, ret... stupid.
    yeah if that stuff worked I'd be drinking it. It doesn't

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by outlander512 View Post
    Because its a magical deer from New Zealand that grows antlers very fast.
    Post of the week!

The Pats SECRETLY filmed practice sessions of their opponents.......LOL, that is the lowest scum-bag move possible.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Honestly, this thing isnt a huge deal short term, but it will taint his legacy. And honestly, the guy who pedals the product is a scumbag who is waiting to "out" people who use his product if they dont endorse it, even though endorsing it would effectively out yourself since it band by the nfl. Having said all that, I kind of believe that Ray took this product one way or another. He admits to getting the products. So he took all of the ones he got, just not the one banned one? And if you watch him respond in his media hour, he seems like hes being dishonest. It seems he cant say too much because he needs to get with the PR team and figure out what can and cant be said so he is not caught in and obvious lie. He laughs it off as its soo crazy, and cites something two years ago, which is not even what is being talked about this time around. And he scoffs at it, and it just seems like the same kind of response that guilty pro atheletes have been given for the past 20 years. Im sure tons of players are on tons of things, but i wish this didnt come out, because it truly can ruin his legacy, and will raise more doubts about the "unsolved"(though they are solved) murders.

Stages of grief in full effect right now in this thread .....

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    But you can eat those too.... right?
    Hobbits? Yes. Very tasty.

Blog Entries

Questions: If the NFL knew about these SWAT allegations since the 2010 season, what have they done to implement testing of this IGF-1 substance? What notice did they give to the players named in that article? Is it true that there is still no testing of this substance? If not, why not?

Ray's state of mind goes into this. Before I crucify the guy, I would like to know whether or not he knew this was a banned substance. Hue Jackson was told to disassociate from SWATs. Was Ray told the same? Was he told it contained a banned substance?

I am not such a fool that I don't think these guys don't take vitamins/supplements, etc., to help their performance. At base, that is what Gatorade is. The real issues are: are they taking substances that give them an unfair advantage? Were those substances banned by the NFL? Did they know those substances are banned?

If the NFL warned Ray and all players about this deer antler potion stuff, and if he still ordered/used it, that would seem to imply he knew it was banned/wrong. If they took no steps and never told him or the NFLPA anything, it is very possible he had no idea what he was taking was banned/wrong, etc. Without more facts, we aren't going to be able to know.

It won't keep him from playing on Sunday, but it certainly closes the door on any possible return (as Ed Reed suggested). And it gives the haters more arrows for their quiver.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Questions: If the NFL knew about these SWAT allegations since the 2010 season, what have they done to implement testing of this IGF-1 substance? What notice did they give to the players named in that article? Is it true that there is still no testing of this substance? If not, why not?

Ray's state of mind goes into this. Before I crucify the guy, I would like to know whether or not he knew this was a banned substance. Hue Jackson was told to disassociate from SWATs. Was Ray told the same? Was he told it contained a banned substance?

I am not such a fool that I don't think these guys don't take vitamins/supplements, etc., to help their performance. At base, that is what Gatorade is. The real issues are: are they taking substances that give them an unfair advantage? Were those substances banned by the NFL? Did they know those substances are banned?

If the NFL warned Ray and all players about this deer antler potion stuff, and if he still ordered/used it, that would seem to imply he knew it was banned/wrong. If they took no steps and never told him or the NFLPA anything, it is very possible he had no idea what he was taking was banned/wrong, etc. Without more facts, we aren't going to be able to know.

It won't keep him from playing on Sunday, but it certainly closes the door on any possible return (as Ed Reed suggested). And it gives the haters more arrows for their quiver.
    I don't think they NFL warned the guys about the deer antler stuff. They've banned IGF-1, which SWAT claims their product has in it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    But you can eat those too.... right?
    Nah - it's pretty illegal to eat Hobbits - plus you need a wizard to actually catch one.

Not cheap.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Blog Entries

Thanks, media

Damn it all to hell. I was pumped to see the team play on Sunday, but now I feel as if the media is squeezing all of the joy out of this Super Bowl with as of yet unproven allegations. If you are going to do this, you better have the goods. You better have everything down dead to rights such that there can be no doubt.

But instead you leave a fanbase hanging out there with a story that can never be fully corroborated and sours everybody on what should be a joyous occasion -- win or lose. Now, they are taking all of the pleasure out of it.

I am not against hearing bad news -- but you better have every t crossed and i dotted before you bring a guy through the mud. And that, they have not done.

Thanks for today, SI, ESPN and PFT. Thanks a whole bunch...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Stages of grief in full effect right now in this thread .....
    I don't see that at all. I see a lot of people pissed off that scumbag is capitalizing on the SuperBowl to peddle his snake oil and dragging Ray's name through the mud.

More people pissed at ESPN and SI for trying to make a mountain out of a molehill than anything.