Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    What a jackass thing to say.
    Why should Ray give this clown any media attention which he is using Ray to do? It's Ray's and the Ravens day, not some snake oil salesman.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Why should Ray give this clown any media attention which he is using Ray to do? It's Ray's and the Ravens day, not some snake oil salesman.
    The ESPN reporter is a jackass for wording his statement to make it seem as though Ray is guilty by trying to avoid questions.

It's a common media tactic.

"The police SAY at the time the husband is not a suspect"

Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Wow, people are really letting SI have it for this, as they should.

Here is what we know.

Ray did in fact talk to the guy after his injury and asked him to send him some of the "stuff". (Ray admitted to it at the bottom of the SI story).

Lewis had not talked to media for 10 weeks while he rehabbed his injury. Asked by SI if he had worked with Key and Ross during his recovery, he initially demurred. "I didn't work with them personally this time," he said.

When pressed, Lewis said, "Nobody helped me out with the rehab. I've been doing S.W.A.T.S. for a couple years through Hue Jackson, that's it. That's my only connection to them."

Asked if he had talked to Ross the night of his injury, Lewis replied, "I told him to send me some more of the regular stuff, the S.W.A.T.S., the stickers or whatever."

And did they help?

"I think a lot of things helped me."

So would he suggest S.W.A.T.S. to other players?

"If I did, I would've done said it by now," Lewis said. Asked specifically about the spray and the pills, Lewis walked away without comment.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2JOkAiPAA
    The guy Ross says that he sent him a package with the antler stuff.

The question is, did Ray use the antler stuff after he got it. I think the fact that the guy spoke with Ray and sent him a package is pretty much not up for debate. It all depends on if you specifically believe that the guy...

A. Sent him the antler stuff.

and/or

B. Ray said on the phone "do I spray it on my arm or under my tounge".

I get the feeling of needing to defend Ray, but IMHO, objectively looking at this, there is a lot of "evidence". Is it enough to convict if this was a court case? Probably not at least until/unless the phone call is released. If this were any other player, we'd be looking at this from an entirely different perspective.

I'm just saying the "this is bullshit" and "there isn't anything to this story at all" isn't really accurate.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Ray Lewis should sue SI.

BTW, here's the story from 2 years ago - I'm not really sure that today's news is much different.

Other than the fact, I guess, that if he's been using the stuff for 2 years, he's never tested positive for anything banned.

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/...ny-linked-bann
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 01-29-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Who contacted who? I've seen reports saying Lewis was calling them, I've seen others that this guy texted Ray and reached out to him first?

It sounds like he used or received some of their products, but again, he's never failed anything. Has a relationship with another type of supplement company I think too, so that could be the reason for some of the denial?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Drew on WNST says that the IGF-1 stuff wasn't illegal 2 years ago.

That may help explain no failed tests.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Drew on WNST says that the IGF-1 stuff wasn't illegal 2 years ago.

That may help explain no failed tests.
    That article from 2011 says that it was banned by the NFL.

One of the S.W.A.T.S. products, "The Ultimate Spray," is labeled as containing deer antler velvet extract. On the company website, swatsteam.com, the spray is said to contain “very delicate and unique nutritional properties … such as IGF-1 and other growth factors.” IGF-1 is banned by the NFL.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Ray Lewis should sue SI.
    Later he can do that. Now he just has to not worry about all this BS and focus on getting that second ring. And knowing Ray that's exactly what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Timeline.

After Dallas game, Ray is in hospital getting tests done on eastern time.
    He calls this guy on SUNDAY NIGHT DALLAS TIME! So, this guy 'happens to be in his office Sunday night" to record a spontaneous call, C'mon.
    You really think this businessman who has $ is on a Sunday night laying around his office 2 hours later than Baltimore time? Really....
    Then he can set up video/audio tape of conversation? If he is credible does he audio/video his clients?
    This is total BS..
    Anyone who beleives this is a total idiot and the media should be held accountable for falling for it.

people need things to talk about.

From a business point of view, good publicity or bad publicity is good marketing, this guy got tons of FREE publicity to sell his crap. He just made millions today selling his junk to fools in gyms looking for an edge. Very shrewd, scumbag.
    While I agree with your overall point. It should be noted, that it would actually be two hours earlier in Dallas. Not two hours later.