Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    HR, question.

You say you think Ray got his hand caught in the PED cookie jar.

Forget if he did or did not take it. Are you saying Deer Antler is legit?
    I have no clue if it is or not. The main ingredient is on the banned substance list though.

And yes I am aware of the reports by some that if its not handled properly its ineffective.

But I don't see the relevance in that. If its on the banned substance list, no athlete should be seeking it out.

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

HR, question.

You say you think Ray got his hand caught in the PED cookie jar.
    Forget if he did or did not take it. Are you saying Deer Antler is legit?
    Its not a PED its a rehab issue. Rehab is good for the NFL and for athletes.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I have no clue if it is or not. The main ingredient is on the banned substance list though.

And yes I am aware of the reports by some that if its not handled properly its ineffective.

But I don't see the relevance in that. If its on the banned substance list, no athlete should be seeking it out.
    Indeed. For punishment, it might matter if the substance was effective. For PR, all that matters is if Ray thought it was effective.

Ordering a fitness product that you know has a banned substance in it is cheating, or close enough to not really matter in my book. Luckily, I already think 90% of these guys cheat, and maybe more.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    The timing is to sell magazines...not to destroy the Ravens.
    I disagree. They could have came out with this earlier and still sold magazines. They release this on media day during Superbowl week? Sorry, not buying it.

Blog Entries

I think it's relevant, I think that's the whole point. I mean other than the claim it's in deer antler, is there any proof that it is (in the spray)?

That is the whole point, to me. Even if he did take it, what is banned is IGF-1 as in the synthetic form like other synthetic steroids. IGF-1 if it is in the spray is a natural product from the deer antler, many foods contain this too. So IF, the spray has it in there, and IF it's handled properly (which it isn't) it's a natural product.

Some guy claiming to sell IGF-1 in a spray of deer antler is not the same as going to BALCO for a needle of a synthetic product.

Again, you are just readily assuming that the "main ingredient" is actually present in the product. According to people way smarter than the jackass at SWATS:

Deer antler spray is not a performance enhancing drug, said Dr. Charles Yesalis, one of the foremost voices on PEDs after a 20-year career as a health and sport science professor at Penn State.

"There's no way to deliver insulin-like growth factor one in a spray," he said Wednesday, a day after Sports Illustrated published a story alleging Ray Lewis may have used the deer antler spray. "That's just nonsense that the people marketing it say so doofuses buy and use it."

I think it's relevant, I think that's the whole point. I mean other than the claim it's in deer antler, is there any proof that it is (in the spray)?

That is the whole point, to me. Even if he did take it, what is banned is IGF-1 as in the synthetic form like other synthetic steroids. IGF-1 if it is in the spray is a natural product from the deer antler, many foods contain this too. So IF, the spray has it in there, and IF it's handled properly (which it isn't) it's a natural product.

Some guy claiming to sell IGF-1 in a spray of deer antler is not the same as going to BALCO for a needle of a synthetic product.
    See #389

And the stuff Conte sold wasn't in needle form. It was a cream you rubbed under your arms.

You really need to carefully choose your words better here. I'm really getting sick of correcting you on this.

First off, IGF-1 is NOT the "main" ingredient at all. In fact, the amount of it is completely miniscule. That's like saying caffeine is the main ingredient in coffee, though even worse because of the tiny amount of IGF-1 in the extract.

Second, it's not that it's "ineffective", it's that the compound breaks down and doesn't even EXIST in a spray.

Blog Entries

See #389

And the stuff Conte sold wasn't in needle form. It was a cream you rubbed under your arms.
    Not the point. Getting IGF-1 from milk or a deer antler spray is a natural form and getting in a cream from BALCO are two different things.

10. Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Would it kill PFT to tell the whole story? They totally disregarded the video and reported on 1 comment at the end of the interview.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-the-devil/

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    I disagree. They could have came out with this earlier and still sold magazines. They release this on media day during Superbowl week? Sorry, not buying it.
    If you honestly think that releasing this in the middle of a season when all 32 teams are relevant would have the same in regards to clicks and magazine sales as releasing this during the biggest game/media event of the year for the entire country...then I don't know what to tell you...you obviously have to be one of those "the media is always out to get us" fans.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

If its on the banned substance list, no athlete should be seeking it out.
    Do we know if Ray actually KNEW that the stuff supposedly had IGF-1 in it?

I would say NO, given the past lawsuits against Ross.