It's funny guys. My father is 68 and had extensive back surgery in 2009. He sometimes calls me and asks me to do errands he just can't do on his own anymore. This afternoon he called me up and asked me to deliver his bill to the insurance agency for the house. I got the check and the bill and headed over. There were two women, both self admitted 70+ years old clucking about in there. They were both wearing Ravens purple and giggling like little school children over the Ravens being in NOLA for the Super Bowl. 'I can't believe we're there, but we're gonna kick some behind!,' one quipped. 'It's so good for the city, even if we lost it is still such a great thing for us,' the other replied. 'Wouldn't it be just something if Ray Lewis were to win it all?! What it would mean for the state as a whole,' and then a bunch of cackling ensued.

What I'm saying is that age, race, level of involvement with the game of football in general seems to have no effect on what Ray Lewis and the team has done for Maryland. These idiotic stories about deer antlers and Joe's statements and everything else just pale in comparison to how ridiculously happy the state of Maryland is right now and how much more ridiculous it's going to get when/if we win the game. No one is going to care about Atlanta, no one is going to care about some deer antlers and no one is going to care about anything else but the fact that we won the Super Bowl and that twice in 16 years, we've gone to and won a Super Bowl.