Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 464748

Re: Ray Lewis PED Allegations (Merged)

It's funny guys. My father is 68 and had extensive back surgery in 2009. He sometimes calls me and asks me to do errands he just can't do on his own anymore. This afternoon he called me up and asked me to deliver his bill to the insurance agency for the house. I got the check and the bill and headed over. There were two women, both self admitted 70+ years old clucking about in there. They were both wearing Ravens purple and giggling like little school children over the Ravens being in NOLA for the Super Bowl. 'I can't believe we're there, but we're gonna kick some behind!,' one quipped. 'It's so good for the city, even if we lost it is still such a great thing for us,' the other replied. 'Wouldn't it be just something if Ray Lewis were to win it all?! What it would mean for the state as a whole,' and then a bunch of cackling ensued.

What I'm saying is that age, race, level of involvement with the game of football in general seems to have no effect on what Ray Lewis and the team has done for Maryland. These idiotic stories about deer antlers and Joe's statements and everything else just pale in comparison to how ridiculously happy the state of Maryland is right now and how much more ridiculous it's going to get when/if we win the game. No one is going to care about Atlanta, no one is going to care about some deer antlers and no one is going to care about anything else but the fact that we won the Super Bowl and that twice in 16 years, we've gone to and won a Super Bowl.

Blog Entries

Florio won't run it, because he's too embarassed to show that they ran with a crock story.

That New Yorker piece is spot on. Only "problem" is it's written by a Ravens fan, so the haters will claim they are spinning it. But it's right...the only reason the "banned substance" topic came up, was Mitch Ross' claim that IGF-1 was in the deer antler spray. He did so as a way of saying how the deer antler spray would help athletes, not because he was trying to show that someone was cheating.

It would appear, there's enough evidence to show that Ray Lewis and other Ravens (along with other NFL players) are so desperate to provide ANY performance edge, that they will try things that just seem ridiculous to the majority of people. That doesn't make them a cheater, that doesn't make them a bad person...it just makes them look foolish.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Florio won't run it, because he's too embarassed to show that they ran with a crock story.

That New Yorker piece is spot on. Only "problem" is it's written by a Ravens fan, so the haters will claim they are spinning it. But it's right...the only reason the "banned substance" topic came up, was Mitch Ross' claim that IGF-1 was in the deer antler spray. He did so as a way of saying how the deer antler spray would help athletes, not because he was trying to show that someone was cheating.

It would appear, there's enough evidence to show that Ray Lewis and other Ravens (along with other NFL players) are so desperate to provide ANY performance edge, that they will try things that just seem ridiculous to the majority of people. That doesn't make them a cheater, that doesn't make them a bad person...it just makes them look foolish.
    The last part isnt even exclusive to ray and the ravens. Artie lange show had a good discussion this week with i believe trevor price and westbrook about taking this odd or holistic types of medicine for an edge. Tony siragusa said he wore the same shirt under his pads for 13 years because of superstitions. Point is when youre at the highest level youre always looking for that edge to set you apart. Not everyone will do something odd or holistic but i guaratee you theyll all try to find something they deem an advantage. As odd as these things seem to the general public i doubt players really judge it because theyve heard and seen it all really.
    -JAB

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Not that anybody asked, or even wants, to hear my opinion, but--

> it seems as if an awful lot of supposedly objective media types (let's call them reporters, but they sometimes disguise themselves as columnists, bloggers, etc.) are pissing themselves in an effort to see their fondest hopes that Lewis did something wrong become a reality, regardless of evidence to the contrary.

> I have to look askance at a business that prohibits the use of specific entities (my understanding is that HGH and IFG-1 are two of these items), yet does not test for them and theoretically may have no way to test for them (at least in the case of deer antler stuff). What is the league's rationale for banning these two items?

> Along this same line of thinking, I'm reminded of the league's "rule" (for which there is no rule AND no penalty) about the kicker not supposed to be able to "warm up" on the field of play during a time out. WTF? Can anyone help me understand the rationale to this, as it seems to mirror the same thinking for banned substances that are not tested for.

> IMHO, Lewis probably should have said something to the tune of, "Yeah, I've spoken with this asshole on the phone, he sent some shit in the mail, NO CHARGE, ultimately I did NOT take, ingest, snort, drink, inject or otherwise introduce deer antler whatever, or ANY of his products into my body. Next question."

Hearing and reading what I have about deer antler products, the brain wave bullshit, holographic dildo enhancers and the other complete tripe this clown Ross is touting, I have to wonder how any reasonably educated and intelligent individual from the media can give this fiction legs? This should have been a 15 second "Come ON, Man!", and then onto real Super Bowl news.

5. Re: Ray Lewis PED Allegations (Merged)

It is because "Ray Lewis" was mentioned in the piece. Ross mentioned a dozen other athletes but the fact that this could be used (by Florio, Prisco, etc) to ruin Ray's party or discredit the Ravens was the reason it was released like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Hearing and reading what I have about deer antler products, the brain wave bullshit, holographic dildo enhancers . . . .
    I think the last thing is real. Mitch Ross has made the media out to be bigger fake dicks than they were.

ab--
    I swear, I'm fully expecting some of the media to be wearing tinfoil hats at the game to ensure that their storylines aren't confiscated!

Blog Entries

Not that anybody asked, or even wants, to hear my opinion, but--
    Au contraire, mon frere--some of us are always interested in it!
    Along this same line of thinking, I'm reminded of the league's "rule" (for which there is no rule AND no penalty) about the kicker not supposed to be able to "warm up" on the field of play during a time out. WTF? Can anyone help me understand the rationale to this, as it seems to mirror the same thinking for banned substances that are not tested for.
    IIRC by rule a kicker "warming up" on the field during the course of play is committing a delay-of-game penalty. In Tucker's case the kicker ;) is that his practice shot took place after time ran out in OT period 1 & before the clock started for OT period 2--the course of play was already interrupted, so he wasn't impeding the progress of the game, so no foul. In theory.

Blog Entries

I would be shocked! shocked! if no enterprising cartoonist has published one today something on the order of--
    A football player in pads but no helmet stands facing away from the reader at an angle to show "LEWIS" & #52, with a shadow stretching out from him showing antlers on his head & the caption "Looks like another 6 weeks of allegations"...
    But that's just me. Happy Groundhog Day, peeps! FORZA I CORVI! FORZA I PORPORANERI!

lob-
    Thanks for the clarification, I didn't realize that the "warming up" was happening between OT segments.

BTW, excellent idea for the cartoon. The move with Bill Murray and McDowell was on earlier, and is still pretty funny on a re-watch.

Blog Entries

lob-
    Thanks for the clarification, I didn't realize that the "warming up" was happening between OT segments.
    Pas de quoi. A fine point many of us missed at first.
    BTW, excellent idea for the cartoon.
    Seemed obvious to me.
    The movie with Bill Murray and McDowell was on earlier, and is still pretty funny on a re-watch.
    As long as you don't have to watch it over & over & over & over & over & ... :D

Back in 1981 I had the opportunity to review a little-noted & now long forgotten novel called One Fine Day by Leon Arden, whose main plot device was essentially that of Groundhog Day (1993) sans the Punxsutawney connexion. I always wondered about that...