Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Ray Lewis PED Allegations (Merged)

Ray Lewis may have used banned substance to recover from torn triceps

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-torn-triceps/

Blog Entries

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

I am going to wait until the full story gets told.

Something about the report sounds...off. Like either it's a joke, or someone trying to spin up crap.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I had a feeling something like this would come out.

Good thing it is his last game.

Saw this coming, it's was only a matter of time.

Blog Entries

That deer antler story is a couple of years old. Maybe they're trying to resurface to get some web hits

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I am beginning to hate what football is becoming in this country. From fans who spew ignorance and hate to the media digging up crap just to have a story. Mike Florio is the lowest piece of trash known to mankind. He has always hated on the Ravens. Everyone wants to discredit the Ravens in some way this week from Flacco to Ray. I've had it and I won't be watching the sports coverage OR fan forums (other than the Ravens forums). Bunch of jealous haters who don't have a fucking life...pardon my french but this shit brings out the worst in me.

Blog Entries

This is from the PFT comments section:

jetsheartache says:
    Jan 29, 2013 12:20 PM
    Jeeze, let it go… The fact that the NFL has banned deer antler velvet is absurd. Its all natural and non toxic to the system. It is NOT igf-1… deer antler velvet naturally contains a wide variety of amino acid profiles. igf-1 is one of them, but its far from the lab engineered version, and dosed at a level so low that studies and scientist claim it should have ZERO effect on muscle development.

How about you give a guy some credit for bein a warrior and working through an injury everyone wrote off as season, maybe career ending. The guys a beast, i doubt a little bit of deer antler velvet spray is the reason he is what he is.
    I think this explains it very well. Don't worry about RL's reputation, nothing that can be said or done will change it in some people's minds.

This is such a non story. Actually alot of people know about the deer-antler spray and negatively charged water (alkaline water) Kangen makes the machine. Nothing illegal about it. No actual scientific evidence it works either, but it might, or placebo effect. Try ZMA actually very similar, uses a natural supplement of Zinc Magnesium Aspartate that stimulates YOUR body to produce Natural human growth hormone= good for brain function and muscle growth and sleep. Big deal.

I look for this non-story to further galvanize the Ravens, much as 2001's Ray Ray witch hunt did. Not losing one iota of sleep over it, in fact I'm kinda happy that this will bring our guys that much closer together before the BIG GAME.

11. Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I look for this non-story to further galvanize the Ravens, much as 2001's Ray Ray witch hunt did. Not losing one iota of sleep over it, in fact I'm kinda happy that this will bring our guys that much closer together before the BIG GAME.
    THIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    It seems like this company goes out of its way to record their conversations with players:

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2JO6wRpRc

Why so eager to have a recording of everything? A pen camera? Really?

Lewis would be dumb enough to directly call this guy and say "pile it up and send it to me"? Really? He wouldn't insulate himself at all from the transactions? Maybe he will say he didn't see anything wrong with it????

If IGF-1 is banned and you eat deer antler extract which contains IGF-1, then you just consumed a banned substance. Plain and simple. How could you not think that would come back to bite you?

Not good to see Merriman listed either.
    Looks like they wanted to have a way to convince others to use the substance...they knew that no players would be outspoken in support of it because it is banned, so this way, they could have something to show future clients.

Although to me it clearly would defeat the purpose as they are now going to be looked at as snitches.

Dropping this gets their name out...big time.

Quote Originally Posted by MyTurn View Post
    So what if Ray did? A 37 year old turning to sports science to repair his body to compete with men 15 years younger than him. From how the national media talk about Ray losing his ability to play football because of his age one would have to assume that drugs aren't helping at all. NFL players are using drugs to enhance their physical ability (except Todd Heap) to the point where it's a non-story unless someone has an agenda and wants to call it out. To me this is just like holding, it happens on every play it just doesn't get called very often.
    Dude...if he took it, he cheated. Bottom line. If a Steeler or Patriot was doing it, it doesn't matter...anybody who did this cheated.

We'll have to wait to see if anything else comes out of it, but the damage has been and will continue to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    I am beginning to hate what football is becoming in this country. From fans who spew ignorance and hate to the media digging up crap just to have a story. Mike Florio is the lowest piece of trash known to mankind. He has always hated on the Ravens. Everyone wants to discredit the Ravens in some way this week from Flacco to Ray. I've had it and I won't be watching the sports coverage OR fan forums (other than the Ravens forums). Bunch of jealous haters who don't have a fucking life...pardon my french but this shit brings out the worst in me.
    What the hell does Florio have to do with this? He simply is reporting something that another respected media outlet reported. Did you complain when he ran with the Ben Rape stories?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.