Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not HR, but being as though I am the only other poster here that isn't immediately tossing this in the trash bin, there is no way HR or myself want Ray suspended.

There is no way I WANT anything bad to happen to Ray.

My thing is, if he took the stuff, personally, for my own opinion of Ray and what he has stood for, it will have gone down a couple notches. After all the "respect the game" and preaching, for him to have gone and done something that is cheating the game, it's heartbreaking to me. I know a lot of us have gone down the "this stuff didn't have the IGF or whatever in it in the first place" route, and I hope that's the case too, but IMHO, the thing I'm looking at is I hope he never sprayed it on himself at all.

Nobody will ever know the real truth as Ray could not be tested for it (unless he volunteered to go to an independent testing agency). There will always be doubt though because he made a very, very poor decision to deal with this guy and his company who he had been warned about in the first place.
    All your opinion is "based" on what some shady snakeoil salesman says to gain free advertising? His word? Geez. Glad you aren't in law enforcement or the the media. "deer antler oil" from some New Zealand deer. What are they killing these deer on some small island to make a profit? I hope it becomes poaching like for Elephant tusks. To run with this story of Rays reputation as a media person you need more than that. I went through the whole "female raped kicker at CU with Barnett, but at least that had alot of factual evidence behind it and cost my boss (idiot) Barnett his job and mine" CU never bounced back.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I have to say, it's a good thing the NFL Network is around. I have watched show after show on Ray Lewis in the last couple days, including a coach's roundtable afterwards. Everything I have watched, read, and feel like I learned about Ray Lewis tells me he wouldn't take anything illegal to help him rehab. Much less call someone about it.

I still think this is a BS story designed to disrupt the Super Bowl week for the Ravens.
    I am in complete agreement and anyone with half a brain can and will see through this BS and what they are attempting to do to Ray and this team. The timing is NOT coincidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    I am in complete agreement and anyone with half a brain can and will see through this BS and what they are attempting to do to Ray and this team. The timing is NOT coincidental.
    The timing is to sell magazines...not to destroy the Ravens.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I suspect the next phase of this story will be "There is no banned substance in the spray". That's really the only logical direction this can go.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Even if he did do this, I don't give two shits, it barely has any of that substance in it, if at all. It doesn't give anyone a competitive edge, it just enables you to heal quicker from devastating injuries. What the hell is wrong with that? Its not as if he went out and flat out took steroids. If this thing does work, it should probably be promoted to athletes rather than being banned, what is wrong with taking a substance to help you heal from injuries? I don't see what the big deal is with that at all.
    I know really. How is this any worse than RGIII taking stem cells to quicken his recovery? Oh right, he's the media's darling and no the goat like Ray Lewis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I suspect the next phase of this story will be "There is no banned substance in the spray". That's really the only logical direction this can go.
    It's already gone there. Mitch Ross, though he was obviously trying to get free press, said his intent wasn't to get Ray in trouble, it was to show that the deer spray SHOULDN'T be a banned thing. And all the research that's been put into this thread has shown that, even if there is IGF in the spray, it's honestly a ridiculously small amount. Too small to cause a difference. And the Hopkins scientist also backed that up.

I'm not accusing anyone of WANTING Ray suspended. But my point is, this story has been out for 24 hours, in the spotlight at least. the NFL, STILL, has not said a single thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but if this were really something that concerned them, wouldn't they at least have made a statement by now, saying "We are going to swiftly investigate this"?

Only two explanations are left...the NFL is "fixing" this, either to duck the PED debate or to make Ray Lewis a poster boy...or, this report really is full of holes and smoke, so the NFL doesn't care about it.

Again, Ray will probably get teed up on in the court of public opinion, but without knowing, is there really enough to make you tainted of his legacy? If there's proof he took this, knowing that it was banned anyway, and then lied about it publically, fine, then he deserves to be scrutinized and "judged". But until that time, there's no hard evidence. All we've got is a "Videotaped" phone call, possibly a shipment of lots of SWATS products (including BUT NOT LIMITED TO the deer spray), and one man's word vs Ray Lewis'.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    I know really. How is this any worse than RGIII taking stem cells to quicken his recovery? Oh right, he's the media's darling and no the goat like Ray Lewis.
    Ok, I'll disagree here...because stem cells aren't banned by the NFL, are they? if IGF is banned and if Ray Lewis had an adequate amount in his system to break the rule, then he broke the rules.

My point is that, as it's been discussed to death, there IS NO WAY for them to obtain this via a test. So it comes down to a man's word vs Ray Lewis' word.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Ok, I'll disagree here...because stem cells aren't banned by the NFL, are they? if IGF is banned and if Ray Lewis had an adequate amount in his system to break the rule, then he broke the rules.

My point is that, as it's been discussed to death, there IS NO WAY for them to obtain this via a test. So it comes down to a man's word vs Ray Lewis' word.
    I'm not sure why this matters.

The NFL and NFL covering media, has shown it doesn't care one way or the other about PEDs:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_573878.html

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not HR, but being as though I am the only other poster here that isn't immediately tossing this in the trash bin, there is no way HR or myself want Ray suspended.

There is no way I WANT anything bad to happen to Ray.

My thing is, if he took the stuff, personally, for my own opinion of Ray and what he has stood for, it will have gone down a couple notches. After all the "respect the game" and preaching, for him to have gone and done something that is cheating the game, it's heartbreaking to me. I know a lot of us have gone down the "this stuff didn't have the IGF or whatever in it in the first place" route, and I hope that's the case too, but IMHO, the thing I'm looking at is I hope he never sprayed it on himself at all.

Nobody will ever know the real truth as Ray could not be tested for it (unless he volunteered to go to an independent testing agency). There will always be doubt though because he made a very, very poor decision to deal with this guy and his company who he had been warned about in the first place.
    100% total agreement.

Look, I freely admit that I will play the role of contrarian to get a thread going or spark a debate. But this ain't one of those times.

I've been interviewing and interrogating people for almost two decades now. I was / am speaking from the position of someone who has seen the tricks, deceit, rationalizing, etc. Do I want Ray suspended? Of course not. If anyone cares to, they can check my post history and see that Ray has very few supporters as strong as me over the years on these boards. Do I think he got his hand caught in the PED cookie jar? Yes. And it's not so much an indictment on Ray as it is on the culture in pro sports in general. To think there is any athlete that's above reproach when it comes to PED usage is terribly naive.

I am also speaking from the position of the worthiness of the news. It was and continues to be a news worthy story and those calls that this story will / should die down is naive as well. Yes, some outlets are acting in an irresponsible manner but the story itself is something the media can and should report on.

Where I think where we all agree now is the medias job from this point forward. They have a duty now to dig deeper and get to the bottom of this. But that too is a double edged sword. We all may not like what we find.

And to Boulder's comments I will say this one thing. If this was done out of publicity, it's the worst case of trying to gin up publicity that's ever been tried.

Sure, your name is out there now. However, you're not going to endear yourself to your largest, most affluent client base by outing one of the sports biggest stars who is one of your clients. That's entirely counter productive.

These athletes favor discretion, not being touted about as being a client.

The last time we heard "snake oil salesmen" bandied about with this much zeal, the guys name was Victor Conte.

Story is dead.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

HR, question.

You say you think Ray got his hand caught in the PED cookie jar.

Forget if he did or did not take it. Are you saying Deer Antler is legit?