Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Is this still the case? I seriously don't know - did the two guys in Seattle (Browner and Sherman) or Jackson for us fail a test at the beginning of the year?
    Good point. So really asa Jackson has failed two test according to this logic?

This is such a fucking joke, and an obvious publicity stunt by Mitch Ross.

First off, where's the tape? How come it's not up on youtube by now?

Second, why now? Duh, Ross trying to get publicity. Mission accomplished.

Third, where are the financial transactions? Shipping transactions? Did these remedies just magically appear at Ray Lewis' house?

I mean seriously people, EPSN, SI, and NFLN reporters, shouldn't you be asking these questions?

And, Hannah Storm is a slimey fucking cunt. Ray dismissed the mularkey several times, including saying he would never even THINK about taking the crap, yet you want to keep parroting yourself that he's not denying it? ESPN is so desperate for this to be a story it is sickening. At least Schlereth was being reasonable and pragmatic saying it was going to go away because there is no way for it to proceed further. Storm couldn't seem to accept that little nugget of truth.

What a fucking bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Because the reporter never states that he did hear it. What he writes is "Hours after he tore his triceps during an Oct. 14 home game against the Cowboys, Ravens All-Pro linebacker Ray Lewis and Ross connected on the phone. Again, Ross videotaped the call."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2JOVm9QIe

Nowhere is there any confirmation that the reporter heard that conversation and isn't just writing down what he was told by the owner of the company. Why mention that it was videotaped and then not mention seeing it?
    That's not definitive that he heard it either.

Neither one of us knows and until the writer...whom I'm sure will be asked about this report a lot over the next couple weeks sheds more light on it, we won't know.

I don't think you can clearly say that he didn't hear it anymore than someone saying he clearly did.

But either way, it's a very, very bad look.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

First off I love the timing and how ESPN is covering this. ;) \

I will say this and I'm sure other people can back me here.

I WRITE for a website about movies and comics. They way we MAKE money is per clicks per article. That is all I see about this article. It was written a while ago it is clear. This writer and SI held it just for this day, because it is Ray and it is Super Bowl week which means everyone will click this article and read it.

I for one won't even click the article. I believe this was brought up a year or two ago about deer antler spray. To me it is a bullshit story. They 'SI' are just looking to make money off this story. The story so far is just that a story.

Controversy sells... Thats why ESPN has become TMZ Sports. Nobody gives a shit about a player helping out needy kids.

Blog Entries

Because the reporter never states that he did hear it. What he writes is "Hours after he tore his triceps during an Oct. 14 home game against the Cowboys, Ravens All-Pro linebacker Ray Lewis and Ross connected on the phone. Again, Ross videotaped the call."

Nowhere is there any confirmation that the reporter heard that conversation and isn't just writing down what he was told by the owner of the company. Why mention that it was videotaped and then not mention seeing it?
    Videotape a phone call.

Does that mean the audio from the phone is picked up, or is it just recording a phone call with him talking?

Because I could videotape myself on a phone call with Obama, or Madonna or Fidel Castro. Unless you can actually hear and confirm the person's voice on the other end of the phone, I just don't see what a videotaped phone call proves.

People fake phone calls all the time to get out of conversations. I can pretend anyone in the world is on the other line. I can use fake names. I can make fake responses.

Blog Entries

The way they wrote it was so definitive (no hedge words, "allegedly," "reportedly," "according to," etc.) that it makes me think that they verified the source material. Being an attorney, I would NEVER in a million years let a journalist write a definitive fact like, "X called Y on date Z to talk about ABC" without damn well making sure that they were covered on the factual assertion. Alleging facts like that -- particularly when tied to material that could damage a person's reputation -- without checking the source material is begging to get sued for libel/slander/defamation.

I have heard of sloppy journalism, but this would take the cake.

In addition, they apparently tried to confirm by interviewing Ray and Ray admitted to using SWATs. (From the sounds of the interview, it appeared that they caught him by surprise.)

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    It is amazing to me that a well-known magazine such as Sports Illustrated would let an article go out that has so many holes in it.

But hey, maybe to read the rest you have to buy it...
    +1. Anyone who beleives this crap that comes out Media day is a moron. It's a former stripper going for pub and selling his Holographic patches and chips and laser beams and "antler spray" C'mon. The dumb get dumber by buying into this marketing crap.
    In the Big Easy right now, great time!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    I for one won't even click the article. I believe this was brought up a year or two ago about deer antler spray. To me it is a bullshit story. They 'SI' are just looking to make money off this story. The story so far is just that a story.
    The top line of the article says "to buy the digital version click here"

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The way they wrote it was so definitive (no hedge words, "allegedly," "reportedly," "according to," etc.) that it makes me think that they verified the source material. Being an attorney, I would NEVER in a million years let a journalist write a definitive fact like, "X called Y on date Z to talk about ABC" without damn well making sure that they were covered on the factual assertion. Alleging facts like that -- particularly when tied to material that could damage a person's reputation -- without checking the source material is begging to get sued for libel/slander/defamation.

In addition, they apparently tried to confirm by interviewing Ray and Ray admitted to using SWATs. (From the sounds of the interview, it appeared that they caught him by surprise.)
    actually the whole ray Lewis part is preceded by the word allegedly

Blog Entries

Now, I should clarify -- none of this "proves" anything. It doesn't "prove" that Ray took the deer antler extract. It doesn't "prove" that Ray took any other banned substance. It doesn't "prove" that Ray even knew it was a banned substance (knowledge being a PR/reputation thing, not an NFL suspension thing).

The facts are that there have been no positive tests of Ray for banned substances. So, unless there is other evidence out there, Schlereth is right -- there is nowhere else for this story to go.

It does suck that it is swallowing up media day, though.

Blog Entries

But a lot of athletes use their stuff.

People wear their RF patches and use the laser beam things. Just like those stupid magnetic balance bracelets. It all seems like junk science, you just need a sucker/believer. No one ever said football players were smart.