Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    So here is what we have learned:

Witness credibility: Ross is pumping his company and has had veracity/legitimacy problems in the past. Simply put, not a credible source.

Other evidence: Alleged video and Ray Lewis interview in which he said he used SWATs among other things.

Linkage: IGF-1 is a banned substance. There is no proof that SWATs spray contains that substance other than Ross' word. The evidence shows that the substance cannot be maintained without deep freezing and that Ross doesn’t even manufacture the spray himself.

So, at worst, Ray took a sublingual spray for which there is no credible evidence that it contains a banned substance other than the word of a self-promoting former stripper with credibility issues.

Why is this a story again?

Thanks again, SI and PFT for pushing a half-assed story without running it to ground. Thanks also for dragging a legend through the mud without having credible evidence. And thanks for ruining Super Bowl week.
    :word

I hope this all goes away now so we can focus on the game.

I look for this non-story to further galvanize the Ravens, much as 2001's Ray Ray witch hunt did. Not losing one iota of sleep over it, in fact I'm kinda happy that this will bring our guys that much closer together before the BIG GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Plus, Amber for a treat!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    So SI allowed itself to willingly be used by a huckster to get press on Media Day. [80s clap....clap....clap....clap...] Well done, boys. That's quality journalism right there.

Blog Entries

Ian Rappaport...telling it like it is.

Now to go follow on twitter...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    So SI allowed itself to willingly be used by a huckster to get press on Media Day. [80s clap....clap....clap....clap...] Well done, boys. That's quality journalism right there.
    Certainly appears that way, doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Ian Rappaport...telling it like it is.

Now to go follow on twitter...
    Rappaport, Breer and Darlington are all good follows. A lot of good info and generally pretty solid opinions.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

8. Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I look for this non-story to further galvanize the Ravens, much as 2001's Ray Ray witch hunt did. Not losing one iota of sleep over it, in fact I'm kinda happy that this will bring our guys that much closer together before the BIG GAME.
    THIS!!!

And no surprise, ESPN is under-reporting the fuck out of this.

I'm stuck in AZ for work and they don't have NFLN in my hotel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And no surprise, ESPN is under-reporting the fuck out of this.

I'm stuck in AZ for work and they don't have NFLN in my hotel.
    What it boils down to...nothing is going to come from this, really...

1. No chance anything happens before Sunday. According to Rapaport, NFL won't even acknowledge the story. Certainly, to prove guilt, NFL will need to investigate the SHIT out of this, interviews, fact checking, etc. Couldn't be done before Sunday.
    2. Since Ray is retiring, what would the NFL do? Post career fine? Maybe. Vacate things from this year? Unless you can prove Ravens were complicit, you can't take anything away from us. And it sounds like Ravens certainly had nothing to do with this
    3. It sounds more and more like in order to fail a test for this, they need to know BEFORE or WHEN you take it, so they can quickly capture.
    4. There's some debate over whether this even SHOULD be illegal. And in many cases, seems like "snake oil", a product which is supposed to be a miracle cure but in reality, does nothing

Other fans will make a deal out of this, and it will amount to a hill of beans.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Perfectly timed to cause a distraction and potentially hurt the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Perfectly timed to cause a distraction and potentially hurt the team.
    Harbaugh and the gang are smarter than that. This is just a gnat on the back of a lion. The lion swats at it with it's tail...if the gnat goes away, fine. If it doesn't, no matter, it's just a gnat. The lion's eyes are on the wildebeast in front of it.