Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Ray Lewis PED Allegations (Merged)

ab--
    I swear, I'm fully expecting some of the media to be wearing tinfoil hats at the game to ensure that their storylines aren't confiscated!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Not that anybody asked, or even wants, to hear my opinion, but--
    Au contraire, mon frere--some of us are always interested in it!
    Along this same line of thinking, I'm reminded of the league's "rule" (for which there is no rule AND no penalty) about the kicker not supposed to be able to "warm up" on the field of play during a time out. WTF? Can anyone help me understand the rationale to this, as it seems to mirror the same thinking for banned substances that are not tested for.
    IIRC by rule a kicker "warming up" on the field during the course of play is committing a delay-of-game penalty. In Tucker's case the kicker is that his practice shot took place after time ran out in OT period 1 & before the clock started for OT period 2--the course of play was already interrupted, so he wasn't impeding the progress of the game, so no foul. In theory.

Blog Entries

I would be shocked! shocked! if no enterprising cartoonist has published one today something on the order of--
    A football player in pads but no helmet stands facing away from the reader at an angle to show "LEWIS" & #52, with a shadow stretching out from him showing antlers on his head & the caption "Looks like another 6 weeks of allegations"...
    But that's just me. Happy Groundhog Day, peeps! FORZA I CORVI! FORZA I PORPORANERI!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

lob-
    Thanks for the clarification, I didn't realize that the "warming up" was happening between OT segments.

BTW, excellent idea for the cartoon. The move with Bill Murray and McDowell was on earlier, and is still pretty funny on a re-watch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    lob-
    Thanks for the clarification, I didn't realize that the "warming up" was happening between OT segments.
    Pas de quoi. A fine point many of us missed at first.
    BTW, excellent idea for the cartoon.
    Seemed obvious to me.
    The movie with Bill Murray and McDowell was on earlier, and is still pretty funny on a re-watch.
    As long as you don't have to watch it over & over & over & over & over & ...

Back in 1981 I had the opportunity to review a little-noted & now long forgotten novel called One Fine Day by Leon Arden, whose main plot device was essentially that of Groundhog Day (1993) sans the Punxsutawney connexion. I always wondered about that...