Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Oh, geez, here it comes (dread)...

Why not have some independent agency buy a bottle and test it for IGF-1?

What if it has 0.00000001% IGF-1?

Apparently genetically modified milk and salmon has elevated IGF-1. What if they have more IGF-1 in them than does this spray? Players are banned from drinking milk and eating salmon?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Refusing to answer questions is not a denial.
    What part of "I wouldn't even think of using anything" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    And just because you do doesn't make it so. It's all BS media hype. No coincidence this came out on media day, huh?
    The desire of SI to get the most eyeballs on their product doesn't change the fact that its a news worthy story.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    What part of "I wouldn't even think of using anything" don't you understand?
    That's called minimization.

It's a kin to folks who say "I'd never kill my wife, I love her" or "I'd never steal any money, I'm a religious person".

It's a non-denial wrapped in rationalization and a HUGE red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    If football players are on anything, they are probably taking hgh which isn't tested. Why would they take some deer antler crap when they can get stuff that is medical grade and works?
    Because they don't think it's banned probably.

The list is so long and convoluted I can see mistakes being made.

Blog Entries

Just because Ravens fans want this to be a non-story doesn't make it so.

Some were saying this story would be dead by now. It's not. Mike & Mike are talking about it, NFLN just did a few minutes on it, etc. Heck, CNN spent some time on it today.

It's PED's. Like it or not, that's a hot button topic in sorts and when one of the sports greatest gets linked to it, it's going to get run on all the outlets.
    There's one very important group NOT talking about it...

The NFL.

If this were truly an issue, NFL would say "we're going to investigate and find out the truth". As reported by Ian Rapaport yesterday, NFL is distancing itself from this report. Ray and the Ravens might get torn to shreds by the national media, and whatever. What are you going to do? Washington Post and a Buffalo newspaper BOTH showed up at Richard Loller's mother's doorstep and took her to her son's grave for the first time in 13 years, writing a big story about how she was so emotional and nobody is talking about Lollar but instead talking about Ray Lewis, who was (Somewhat) involved in Lollar's death.

Who cares? The justice system dealt with Ray's case 13 years ago. He might be guilty in some public opinion, but in the one that matters, his charges were dropped for that crime.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

The desire of SI to get the most eyeballs on their product doesn't change the fact that its a news worthy story.
    No, but the fact it was intentionally delayed to land on a specific day for maximum exposure surely shows a certain disregard for getting the truth out, and instead a higher regard for clicks/subscriptions.

If they cared about the integrity of the sport and not just $$ why didn't this come out in October?

More than likely, this Ross fellow thought Ray would promote his stuff, and when he didn't, Ross got pissed and tried to smear him because of the controversy around the spray. A company that apparently secretly records the players they talk to, then tries to out them for taking a banned substance is not going to warm hearts and minds.

Blog Entries

If football players are on anything, they are probably taking hgh which isn't tested. Why would they take some deer antler crap when they can get stuff that is medical grade and works?
    thats what makes zero sense imo. If youre going to take that leap and do something banned because they cannot test for it, why take something thats 1/10000th as effective, if at all, than the actual substance when both are the same and banned the same. doesnt add up to me. IF this was straight HGH id sooner think it was more credible. Im not saying Ray doesnt take something, ive said as much in this thread, I think its entirely plausible, but this just doesnt shake out to me.

Because they don't think it's banned probably.

The list is so long and convoluted I can see mistakes being made.
    They asked Schlereth that and he said he didnt think players would not know. Deer Antler extract is a well known product amongst athletes as well as whats in it being a banned substance. the question is whether the guy willingly took it knowing they cant test for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k65xVyv1_T0
    Last edited by JAB1985; 01-30-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

And I think it DOES bear some merit that Ray Lewis has NOT failed any random drug testing for PEDs, and took a lie detector test in 2008 that he passed, saying he never took PEDs.

In the current case, it doesn't "acquit" him of anything, but it shows that you aren't talking about a guy who was sneaking around and hiding things for years.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    No, but the fact it was intentionally delayed to land on a specific day for maximum exposure surely shows a certain disregard for getting the truth out, and instead a higher regard for clicks/subscriptions.

If they cared about the integrity of the sport and not just $$ why didn't this come out in October?

More than likely, this Ross fellow thought Ray would promote his stuff, and when he didn't, Ross got pissed and tried to smear him because of the controversy around the spray. A company that apparently secretly records the players they talk to, then tries to out them for taking a banned substance is not going to warm hearts and minds.
    Certainly possible. This Ross character seems like a total douchebag.

Bad situation all around.

The Armstrong example proves Florios point -- the absence of a failed drug test doesn't prove innocence.

And professional (just one) said it "might" not have the banned substance.
    It also doesn't prove guilt which Mike Florio and others are trying to insinuate (or at least plant the seed) without doing any real fact checking. Not to mention the person making these allegations has been proven to be less than credible and even the NFL sees it as a non-story. People should be innocent until proven guilty 'beyond a reasonable doubt'...there is MORE than reasonable doubt here and this guy who is doing the accusing seems to have a beef to grind with Ray. Not to mention the timing of this report being released was extremely calculated.

It seems since the Ravens arrived in NO, there has been nothing but negative stories being peddled to the public regarding anything to do with the Ravens. I don't see them jumping on crap from the 49ers and I'm sure plenty could be dug up. Superbowl week is looking more and more like election week...the lowest life forms rise to the surface to create havoc and throw out BS.

Maybe he was taking both? Maybe he knew getting busted for acquiring HGH would look far worse? I really don't know.

Again, I think the story is terrible, but only a cuckold would take an athletes word on PEDs these days, whether he plays for your team or not.