Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Media Day - Observations

It's funny how Deion can cut right into any interview he wants for NFL-N, the other networks must love it.

Flacco talking now, he looks and sounds really bubbly and happy! Turn it on now guys.

Sapp didn't like Lewis being asked by the murders

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Sapp didn't like Lewis being asked by the murders
    I don't blame him.

At this point anybody who doesn't know about the story to the point where they need to ask Ray about it is a) Stupid b) purposely ignorant or c) trying to make a name for themselves with some smear piece.

To me none are acceptable.

Blog Entries

I like that the Cowboys PR guy stood up for Ray and the allegation of the deer antler velvet. Basically saying they get tested, if he didnt pass he wouldnt be playing and leaving it at that.

Q is on a mission. Ray is on a mission. Reed is on a mission. This team is on a mission.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

If you read the SI story, the authors make it seem like they a) saw the videotape, and b) interviewed Ray Lewis about using SWATs. They say that Ray "initially demurred" but then later said that he used SWATs through Hue Jackson.

They do not say that Ray admitted to using the deer antler spray or whatever. Until they have proof that a) he used it, and b) it helped, I don't really know how this story is going to have legs other than to annoy the Ravens during media week. And, given that his alleged use was months ago and in such small quantities, I really don't see how the NFL or anybody is going to prove that he used a banned substance. So the haters are going to continue to hate and call Ray "murderer", "cheater," etc. The rest of us will have to decide what to make of this.

In addition, it seems that SI held up the timing of this article as they had appeared to interview Ray in December about this. So this isn't a case of SWATs dropping this today.

In any event, it doesn't look like this will prevent Ray from playing on Sunday -- and it doesn't look like there is any proof that Ray took a banned substance or gained an edge because of it. (There are inferences and conjecture, but no proof.) In any event, if three sprays under the tongue of deer antler extract were enough to salvage careers and cut recovery time by 80%, would we not have already heard of it by now?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    If you read the SI story, the authors make it seem like they a) saw the videotape, and b) interviewed Ray Lewis about using SWATs. They say that Ray "initially demurred" but then later said that he used SWATs through Hue Jackson.

They do not say that Ray admitted to using the deer antler spray or whatever. Until they have proof that a) he used it, and b) it helped, I don't really know how this story is going to have legs other than to annoy the Ravens during media week. And, given that his alleged use was months ago and in such small quantities, I really don't see how the NFL or anybody is going to prove that he used a banned substance. So the haters are going to continue to hate and call Ray "murderer", "cheater," etc. The rest of us will have to decide what to make of this.

In addition, it seems that SI held up the timing of this article as they had appeared to interview Ray in December about this. So this isn't a case of SWATs dropping this today.

In any event, it doesn't look like this will prevent Ray from playing on Sunday -- and it doesn't look like there is any proof that Ray took a banned substance or gained an edge because of it. (There are inferences and conjecture, but no proof.) In any event, if three sprays under the tongue of deer antler extract were enough to salvage careers and cut recovery time by 80%, would we not have already heard of it by now?
    Too much logic here...

wow-
    Ray Lewis has his own area...
    did you see that they announced Chad Steele -lol!!!

Just got back from the Dome, I was on interveiewed on BAL-TV hope you saw me.........small crowd, great Ravens support, also Saints fan wearing Ravens attire.
    Ray Lewis was incredible. Such an honor to follow this player. I miss him already.
    I listened to him almost the whole time (they gave us radios to with channel tuned to the different player.

Some other tidbits:

Kaep says he relies on Moss who is always talking to him about coverages, says Moss is a team player. LOL
    Moss says he is the greatest WR of all time (ummmm Jerry Rice anyone, even the 49er fans were scratching their heads)
    Flacco says we want to move the chains and wear them out. (twice)
    Flacco wondered who the crowd will be behind.
    Kaepernick says "hopefully we win" (twice)
    Kaep says he needs to remember the plays.

The Dome looks like M&T Bank, its mostly dressed in purple. Even the vendors are dressed in purple. The feel, even from Saints fans, was pro-Ravens. 49er fans were booed when they were interviewed.

Kaep is going to try to go to Moss you can bank on that.....Moss is his boy.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Just got back from the Dome, I was on interveiewed on BAL-TV hope you saw me.........small crowd, great Ravens support, also Saints fan wearing Ravens attire.
    Ray Lewis was incredible. Such an honor to follow this player. I miss him already.
    I listened to him almost the whole time (they gave us radios to with channel tuned to the different player.

Some other tidbits:

Kaep says he relies on Moss who is always talking to him about coverages, says Moss is a team player. LOL
    Moss says he is the greatest WR of all time (ummmm Jerry Rice anyone, even the 49er fans were scratching their heads)
    Flacco says we want to move the chains and wear them out. (twice)
    Flacco wondered who the crowd will be behind.
    Kaepernick says "hopefully we win" (twice)
    Kaep says he needs to remember the plays.

The Dome looks like M&T Bank, its mostly dressed in purple. Even the vendors are dressed in purple. The feel, even from Saints fans, was pro-Ravens. 49er fans were booed when they were interviewed.

Kaep is going to try to go to Moss you can bank on that.....Moss is his boy.
    Great stuff! Thanks for the onsite report

Damn, Deion is about to make Alex Smith cry.

Also, thanks for the hands on report, NOLARavenFan.

Pitta had a purple wig on a one point....that was pretty funny.
    Ray talkin about standing with his team-mates in the confetti.

The entrance to the Dome is has two huge mural photos of players wearing #52. Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis
    Way Down South in New Orleans