Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco uses the R-word....great....

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

I agree with this 100%, if you don't, you might be a retard.

Blog Entries

He said, which you can say he shouldnt have, but he corrected himself almost within the same sentence. I dont think its that big of a deal.

furthermore his opinion i think is spot on. Everyone loves a good cold weather game, but im not sure its right to have the winner of the superbowl decided by such. Theres teams that play way better than others in cold weather but in any other condition theyd be lucky to even make it respectable. I like the idea of two teams playing under optimum conditions and just seeing whos better (at least that day), rather than whos the better team in 20 degrees or snow.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    The HORROR! Next thing you know they're gonna tell me that pinching my secretary's ass and threatening to fire her if she tells me not to is wrong too.

As for this imagined "downward spiral" the country is in, I always laugh when I hear about it. In the 20's jazz and liquor were going to bring the whole country down. Then it was letting women vote. Then it was zoot suits and swing music. Then beatniks. Then rock and roll. Then Elvis' pelvis. Then hippies. Then integration. Then that new fangled Satanic heavy metal. Then no fault divorce. Then rap. Then the gays. Now it's "Political correctness."

Wonder what's going to be ending it all ten years from now.
    Nice post SpamBot.
    -JAB

Meh.

Will the media make a stink? Yes.

Is it a big deal? Nope.

He corrected himself so I'm fine with it. He just needs to be more careful this week where every word is going to be scrutinized.

Personally I don't like the use of the word gay as a synonym for "lame" (is that even politically correct, come to think of it?) because it implies a correlation between gayness and being bad or negative or unpleasant, which is not fair to those who are gay. I don't feel quite as strongly with using the word retarded to mean stupid because it doesn't necessarily undermine the population of individuals with actual mental retardation, since in essence you're still using a word that has a dictionary meaning that is close or the same as the meaning you intend by using it and you're not actually necessarily referencing a person or personal quality by using it. Gay, when used in that manner, does absolutely use a personal quality as a negative, but retarded does not, in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Whoa! Now it's not OK with the PCers to say "Gay"? That's fuckin' ridiculous! When I grew up, the correct term was "queer" or "homo" which somehow later were deemed to be offensive by Lefty. Then it turned to "gay" as the PC term, with "queer" and "homo" became the bad guys according to the pointy-headed Leftists who make up these rules.

All of you who support PC should read the book "1984" to get an idea as to why normal Americans resent PC's intrusion into our lives.

I kind of always preferred the term "dude-kisser".
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    The HORROR! Next thing you know they're gonna tell me that pinching my secretary's ass and threatening to fire her if she tells me not to is wrong too.

As for this imagined "downward spiral" the country is in, I always laugh when I hear about it. In the 20's jazz and liquor were going to bring the whole country down. Then it was letting women vote. Then it was zoot suits and swing music. Then beatniks. Then rock and roll. Then Elvis' pelvis. Then hippies. Then integration. Then that new fangled Satanic heavy metal. Then no fault divorce. Then rap. Then the gays. Now it's "Political correctness."

Wonder what's going to be ending it all ten years from now.

Aliens.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Joe Flacco blasts cold-weather Bowl

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...-super-bowl-nj

Kinda puts his foot in his mouth.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco blasts cold-weather Bowl

That game in Denver in 0 degree weather was pretty damn good.

I don't understand why Joe would say something like that. Before and after the Denver game he was talking about how much he enjoyed it. Retarded? Definitely a poor choice of words.

Non issue in my opinion. There's some truth to what Joe said. People have been used to attending the superbowl in either warm weather cities or domes for years. It will be a little bit of culture for most fans having to endure the potential cold and weather elements. And let's be realistic the superbowl is often attended by many corporate types and fair weather fans with big wallets.