Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Flacco uses the R-word....great....

Denver reporter asked Joe about prospects of a cold weather Super Bowl....

“Yeah, I think it’s retarded,” Flacco said at his Super Bowl press gathering Monday. “I probably shouldn’t say that. I think it’s stupid. If you want a Super Bowl, put a retractable dome on your stadium. Then you can get one. Other than that I don’t really like the idea. I don’t think people would react very well to it, or be glad to play anybody in that kind of weather.”
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...ce=rsshomeblog

I could really give a shit about the cold weather SB stuff. But WHY???? did he feel the need to call it that word?!?!?!?!

Seriously, stupid fucking comment Joe. Welcome to ridicule-ville. Especially when your future C, Gino Gradkowski, is majorly involved with the R-WORD CAMPAIGN!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Flacco uses the R-word....great....

Non-issue really. He wasn't attacking anyone; not even an individual or group.

Unless of course there is an active group or PR person for "Sueprbowls of past and future for colder climates" representative that would want to comment....

No? Then the world moves on I guess.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.

Calm down Francis.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

who cares?

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Scally-
    Whew, I thought you were going to post that Flacco used the "N"* word....

* Niners! ;)

I totally understand why RavenScallywag is making a big deal about it and I completely agree.

That is a PR nightmare with him saying that, because "retard" is not a word that you want to throw around these days. I mean, he did sort of retract his comment, but really, it was a bad bad move that he used that word.

Its right up there with some racial slurs in the public's mind.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

idk, maybe I'm just more pissed off about it because I am a supporter of the R-word Campaign too...but that's one of those words that can reflect poorly on your character. Like saying something is gay. It just doesn't make sense. Call it bullshit, call it crap, call it ridiculous. There are a million better, safer adjectives.

I'm not worried about this so much reflecting badly on the team, I'm more thinking this makes Joe look like an idiot.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    who cares?
    Fuckin' :word
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Denver reporter asked Joe about prospects of a cold weather Super Bowl....
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...ce=rsshomeblog
    I could really give a shit about the cold weather SB stuff. But WHY???? did he feel the need to call it that word?!?!?!?!
    Seriously, stupid fucking comment Joe. Welcome to ridicule-ville. Especially when your future C, Gino Gradkowski, is majorly involved with the R-WORD CAMPAIGN!
    Here's another "R" word for you...Ridiculous ! We used the other "R" word as kids. Now everybody is so politically correct, that every word is analyzed. Perhaps nobody should even speak to the media because if they use an "incorrect" word due to over sensitivity, they will be labeled as ***. I guess you RavenScallwag have never said a word deemed inappropriate. In my book Joe Flacco seems like a decent man, married with a child, and never committed a crime. If your sort tried to vilify him, don't count me among your number... Bc

A little bit ignorant, but overall a non-issue. Political correctness is one of the scourges of our time. He, like the majority of the millions of people who use that word as a synonym for "bad," meant no offense. I understand that's not good enough for some people but it's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    idk, maybe I'm just more pissed off about it because I am a supporter of the R-word Campaign too...but that's one of those words that can reflect poorly on your character. Like saying something is gay. It just doesn't make sense. Call it bullshit, call it crap, call it ridiculous. There are a million better, safer adjectives.

I'm not worried about this so much reflecting badly on the team, I'm more thinking this makes Joe look like an idiot.
    So uhmmm... Joe can't say an idea is retarded because it might offend someone, yet you can say he looks like an idiot?

Scally, love you to death brother but that's just hypocritical.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Indefensibly stupid. Hopefully he gets out in front of it quickly with an apology.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk