Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: America's Game? - If we win.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think so too. And Boldin would be my next choice, but I could see it being Rice.

Does anyone know when these usually come out?
    America's Game has been airing the night before the season opener on NFL Network the last few years. So, September 4th this year I believe.

2. Re: America's Game? - If we win.

Quote Originally Posted by ace2die View Post
    I have a feeling the Ray Lewis, Ray Rice, Harbaugh and Flacco are locks. Joe to for the prespective of the change from Cam, R Rice to get the 4th and 29 perspective alone and Ray Lewis to explain the end game. I also think Torey Smith could be a possibility since he won the never say never moment of the year, losing his brother and playing the next day. Also Suggs for his unique flavor.
    This is what I picked a few weeks ago. I know it's tough with this team since we have so many players we want to see on...but I think this combo makes the most sense. The Super Bowl winning coach and MVP are almost always a lock to be on, they opened up repeats last year so Ray Lew can come on and talk about his "final ride"...plus we can get more insight on his mindset coming back from injury. Ray Rice is a fun personality guy, plus the 4th and 29 and talk about his unique friendship with "Big Ray".

Re: America's Game? - If we win.

I think Ed Reed provides a lot more storylines and "deserves" it more than Rice to be honest.

Ed has stories going back to when he was drafted....way more than Rice IMHO.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Harbs, Flacco, Reed, and now that it's been mentioned, Torrey. Because of what he went through, and his great way of being blunt without being a douche.

Also, a lot of people seem to be mistaking laid back with anti-social with Joe in this thread.

Blog Entries

I think Harbs, Flacco, and Reed should be the locks. Ray was integral to the postseason, but he wasn't around for a good chunk of the year. Meanwhile, Reed and Cary were the only starters for every game. The story of this season really has been Flacco. No way he "turns it down".

The 4th spot is the toss up to me. If you look at the Giants one last year, it was Victor Cruz because he provided that big change to the offense. To me, the argument for Jacoby could show the failures of our slot receivers in the past few years (Housh vs Steelers, Evans vs Pats), where Jacoby not only caught the ball, but was responsible for two of the biggest receiving TDs in the postseason. You also have him for the ST returns as well. And you know the dancing will come up. Could also see Ray Lewis there for the "last ride" angle. Could be Rice for his play in the regular season, but he didn't really do anything different than this year. For the "4th and 29 perspective", you could just ask Joe or John, maybe Boldin even for throwing the huge block at the end.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think so too. And Boldin would be my next choice, but I could see it being Rice.

Does anyone know when these usually come out?
    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Harbaugh, Flacco, Jones, and Lewis. There's no way they do it without Ray Lewis. The media love him as much as he loves the media. Josh Charles would probably be a good narrator.

PS - anyone know when it might be produced and released? I would think shortly before next season?
    I didn't see anyone answer our questions, so I consulted the almighty google.;) The one for the '11 Giants came out on 9/4/12, so we can look for ours this September I'd imagine.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

7. Re: America's Game? - If we win.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I didn't see anyone answer our questions, so I consulted the almighty google.;) The one for the '11 Giants came out on 9/4/12, so we can look for ours this September I'd imagine.
    I guess I don't count as a somebody :(. I posted a few posts up it has been airing the night before the opening game the past few years on NFL Network. So yes...It'd probably be on track for September 4th.