Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: America's Game? - If we win.

Why has no one mentioned ...

BRENDAN AYANBADEJO!!!

Blog Entries

I'd bet...

Harbaugh - Would have to be the coaching representative
    Ray or Reed or Suggs - Ray more likely because "the last ride", but since he was out for half the season, I could see Reed or Suggs being the spokesperson for the D
    Flacco or Rice - Who else is more qualified to narrate what happened on offense? Leach? Anquan?
    SB MVP - Unless it's a "random" guy like Jacoby Jones or something, it'll likely be a key member of our whole season
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

This may be a long shot because he wasnt instrumental down the stretch of regular season but Torrey Smith?

Its been a long season and I dont blame anyone who forgot about his brother, Tevin's passing in the morning of a very important game against the Patriots. Would be an interesting story for Torrey to recount especially how he dealt with it and managed to play probably his best game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Raven View Post
    This may be a long shot because he wasnt instrumental down the stretch of regular season but Torrey Smith?

Its been a long season and I dont blame anyone who forgot about his brother, Tevin's passing in the morning of a very important game against the Patriots. Would be an interesting story for Torrey to recount especially how he dealt with it and managed to play probably his best game of the season.
    How wasn't he instrumental?

I think Torrey would be a great candidate, but Boldin would probably get the nod .
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

On the other hand...Trent Dilfer wasn't the biggest part of the offense in 2000. Sharpe or Jamal would've been bigger, but he had the most unique perspective on it.

Torrey could be a unique perspective, but I'd have to think Anquan or Joe, simply because they could comment more on the change between Cam and Caldwell.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    How wasn't he instrumental?

I think Torrey would be a great candidate, but Boldin would probably get the nod .
    He wasnt spectacular, but he has gotten the job done when his numbers been called. The losing stretch didnt help either, then again the whole team played terrible except the Giants game.

Blog Entries

He wasnt spectacular, but he has gotten the job done when his numbers been called. The losing stretch didnt help either, then again the whole team played terrible except the Giants game.
    Remember, the 2000 Ravens had 5 games without scoring a TD...

Again, key is going to be finding the person who can really "narrate" the story of the offense for the year. Someone who has a unique, but encompassing perspective.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Remember, the 2000 Ravens had 5 games without scoring a TD...

Again, key is going to be finding the person who can really "narrate" the story of the offense for the year. Someone who has a unique, but encompassing perspective.
    birk?

No one was spectacular down the stretch.

However Torrey has been awesome in the playoffs.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    birk?
    It'd be hilarious if it was McKinnie. hahaha, maybe we'd finally get a real accounting on what happened between regular season and playoffs.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    It'd be hilarious if it was McKinnie. hahaha, maybe we'd finally get a real accounting on what happened between regular season and playoffs.

this was posted in another thread

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...9-aac64b4c8ad4

Blog Entries

Yup. I had heard bits and pieces before and doubted the story, but that accounting seems to make a bit more sense.

They like to get a balance of star power and articulate story teller. Hence Dilfer getting the nod over the far more important offensive pieces like JO, Jamal, or Shannon.

They haven't reused guys as far as I know so Ray is actually a bit of a long shot. EDIT: Apparently they reused Eli and Coughlin. Besides, his story is going to be well and truly told by then, a fresh perspective will draw in viewers.

If I was picking, it would be Flacco, Harbaugh, and Pollard. Good mix of star power and smarts. Pollard is actually a very good interview, the writer who broke the original "NFL gone in 30 years" story went out of his way to praise Bernard for consistently being candid, interesting, and taking original looks at well covered stories.

My runners up are Rice, Tucker (funny smart kid, unique perspective), Yanda, Torrey, and Ngata.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

They would clearly make an exception for Ray, even if they didn't usually want anyone repeating appearances. His retirement and passion has been the key story for us these playoffs.

I'd say Ray, Flacco and Harbs would be definites and the others would be between Reed, Boldin, Suggs and Ray Rice.
    “I told everyone that if I went to Pittsburgh I would have to throw up on my jersey every time I played,” - Double J will always be a Raven

I think the point about having an articulate and charismatic personality is important. That's why I voted for Suggs and Ray Rice. They bring some great color to the table.

I was just watching the Raiders' America's Game for the 1976 team, and they had Villapiano on as one of the interviewed players. He was obviously not a Hall of Famer like some of the other Raider players, but the guy is definitely entertaining.