Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: America's Game? - If we win.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    birk?
    It'd be hilarious if it was McKinnie. hahaha, maybe we'd finally get a real accounting on what happened between regular season and playoffs.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    It'd be hilarious if it was McKinnie. hahaha, maybe we'd finally get a real accounting on what happened between regular season and playoffs.

this was posted in another thread

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...9-aac64b4c8ad4

Blog Entries

Yup. I had heard bits and pieces before and doubted the story, but that accounting seems to make a bit more sense.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

They like to get a balance of star power and articulate story teller. Hence Dilfer getting the nod over the far more important offensive pieces like JO, Jamal, or Shannon.

They haven't reused guys as far as I know so Ray is actually a bit of a long shot. EDIT: Apparently they reused Eli and Coughlin. Besides, his story is going to be well and truly told by then, a fresh perspective will draw in viewers.

If I was picking, it would be Flacco, Harbaugh, and Pollard. Good mix of star power and smarts. Pollard is actually a very good interview, the writer who broke the original "NFL gone in 30 years" story went out of his way to praise Bernard for consistently being candid, interesting, and taking original looks at well covered stories.

My runners up are Rice, Tucker (funny smart kid, unique perspective), Yanda, Torrey, and Ngata.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

They would clearly make an exception for Ray, even if they didn't usually want anyone repeating appearances. His retirement and passion has been the key story for us these playoffs.

I'd say Ray, Flacco and Harbs would be definites and the others would be between Reed, Boldin, Suggs and Ray Rice.

I think the point about having an articulate and charismatic personality is important. That's why I voted for Suggs and Ray Rice. They bring some great color to the table.

I was just watching the Raiders' America's Game for the 1976 team, and they had Villapiano on as one of the interviewed players. He was obviously not a Hall of Famer like some of the other Raider players, but the guy is definitely entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    They like to get a balance of star power and articulate story teller. Hence Dilfer getting the nod over the far more important offensive pieces like JO, Jamal, or Shannon.

They haven't reused guys as far as I know so Ray is actually a bit of a long shot. EDIT: Apparently they reused Eli and Coughlin. Besides, his story is going to be well and truly told by then, a fresh perspective will draw in viewers.

If I was picking, it would be Flacco, Harbaugh, and Pollard. Good mix of star power and smarts. Pollard is actually a very good interview, the writer who broke the original "NFL gone in 30 years" story went out of his way to praise Bernard for consistently being candid, interesting, and taking original looks at well covered stories.

My runners up are Rice, Tucker (funny smart kid, unique perspective), Yanda, Torrey, and Ngata.
    Most of those last guys over Ed Reed?

I think Ed Reed being the "forgotten HOF" guy that has given his body for years to this team is really being overlooked.

No way they don't have Ed on there to go with Harbs and Joe.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I agree.

Besides, I think Ed Reed is a particularly interesting character. He definitely marches to the beat of his own drum. There has been tradgedy in his life. There are his ties to New Orleans, and Katrina. There his rants in the media. Sometimes a loner, sometimes a "team" guy. I am still wondering if he is Crazy or Crazy Like a Fox.

I believe he would be an interesting story.

Blog Entries

I think Ray Rice and Joe Flacco are the new JO and Ray Lewis of this team, maybe they a long with Harbaugh need to do it, but I would certainly want Reed involved somehow too.

I'm sold on Ed. He would deserve it.

I especially have a softer spot for him after his reference to Eddie Money yesterday, lol.

Blog Entries

So now that we KNOW it's coming...

I'm thinking it'll be John Harbaugh, Joe Flacco, Ed Reed, and Jacoby Jones. Suggs and Boldin would be my "alternates" for Reed and Jacoby.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    So now that we KNOW it's coming...

I'm thinking it'll be John Harbaugh, Joe Flacco, Ed Reed, and Jacoby Jones. Suggs and Boldin would be my "alternates" for Reed and Jacoby.
    I would like to See Suggs and Boldin. But I don't think it'll be Suggs cause he didn't play all year.

I'm guessing. John, Joe and Reed.