Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: America's Game? - If we win.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    They like to get a balance of star power and articulate story teller. Hence Dilfer getting the nod over the far more important offensive pieces like JO, Jamal, or Shannon.

They haven't reused guys as far as I know so Ray is actually a bit of a long shot. EDIT: Apparently they reused Eli and Coughlin. Besides, his story is going to be well and truly told by then, a fresh perspective will draw in viewers.

If I was picking, it would be Flacco, Harbaugh, and Pollard. Good mix of star power and smarts. Pollard is actually a very good interview, the writer who broke the original "NFL gone in 30 years" story went out of his way to praise Bernard for consistently being candid, interesting, and taking original looks at well covered stories.

My runners up are Rice, Tucker (funny smart kid, unique perspective), Yanda, Torrey, and Ngata.
    Most of those last guys over Ed Reed?

I think Ed Reed being the "forgotten HOF" guy that has given his body for years to this team is really being overlooked.

No way they don't have Ed on there to go with Harbs and Joe.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I agree.

Besides, I think Ed Reed is a particularly interesting character. He definitely marches to the beat of his own drum. There has been tradgedy in his life. There are his ties to New Orleans, and Katrina. There his rants in the media. Sometimes a loner, sometimes a "team" guy. I am still wondering if he is Crazy or Crazy Like a Fox.

I believe he would be an interesting story.

Blog Entries

I think Ray Rice and Joe Flacco are the new JO and Ray Lewis of this team, maybe they a long with Harbaugh need to do it, but I would certainly want Reed involved somehow too.

I'm sold on Ed. He would deserve it.

I especially have a softer spot for him after his reference to Eddie Money yesterday, lol.

Blog Entries

So now that we KNOW it's coming...

I'm thinking it'll be John Harbaugh, Joe Flacco, Ed Reed, and Jacoby Jones. Suggs and Boldin would be my "alternates" for Reed and Jacoby.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    So now that we KNOW it's coming...

I'm thinking it'll be John Harbaugh, Joe Flacco, Ed Reed, and Jacoby Jones. Suggs and Boldin would be my "alternates" for Reed and Jacoby.
    I would like to See Suggs and Boldin. But I don't think it'll be Suggs cause he didn't play all year.

I'm guessing. John, Joe and Reed.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

What I would like to see: Harbaugh, Flacco (after a few stiff drinks) and Pollard....with some snippets of commentary from Jack Harbaugh.

EDIT: And additional commentary by Lee Anne Touhy...anyone see her on CSN during the celebration? She was wonderful.

What I think we'll see: Harbaugh, Rice, Lewis.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 02-08-2013 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I would like to See Suggs and Boldin. But I don't think it'll be Suggs cause he didn't play all year.

I'm guessing. John, Joe and Reed.
    I am sure you are right...I do think they'll find a way to get Ray in as the 4th person though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    What I would like to see: Harbaugh, Flacco (after a few stiff drinks) and Pollard....with some snippets of commentary from Jack Harbaugh.

What I think we'll see: Harbaugh, Rice, Lewis.
    No way they don't include Joe. He has a huge "redemption" story going on here. I think these playoffs really took the national luster off of "Rice is their best player" arguments.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    No way they don't include Joe. He has a huge "redemption" story going on here. I think these playoffs really took the national luster off of "Rice is their best player" arguments.
    I think he will get offered, but if he has a choice, he declines.

I seriously doubt that.

Joe may be quiet and modest, but I don't think he turns down a chance to do the show. It potentially will make him more money as it will get his name and face out there, and frankly, I think he would like to show his pride in this team and to tell his story after the "elite" stuff blew up last year.

I think so too. And Boldin would be my next choice, but I could see it being Rice.

Does anyone know when these usually come out?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Harbaugh, Flacco, Jones, and Lewis. There's no way they do it without Ray Lewis. The media love him as much as he loves the media. Josh Charles would probably be a good narrator.

PS - anyone know when it might be produced and released? I would think shortly before next season?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I'm curious as to why anybody would think he would decline.

He certainly isn't declining the night show circuit...

You guys may be right...I don't know...he just seems like he shuns the limelight. Which I personally find admirable...."talk is cheap, let's go play."

It just doesn't seem to fit his personality. His teammates had to push him to speak at the parade/celebration.

Maybe after his performance in the playoffs and SB MVP he's changed a little but I just don't seem him so ready to do it.