Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,130
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post



    Quote Originally Posted by RAYvens Fan View Post
    I hear they have a guy named Rice, too! I've never heard of the rest of them.
    who is this joe montania? i hear he's a good tackler.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area
    Posts
    2,215

    Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post

    Paint-guy--
    Don't know "joe", but they tell me this guy is his cousin!




  3. #18

    Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post

    Quote Originally Posted by RAYvens Fan View Post
    I hear they have a guy named Rice, too! I've never heard of the rest of them.
    Yeah man; I'nm not sure why EA haven't updated MAdden 13 to have this Rice guy and Montana guy in the game. Maybe it's a licensing issue?

    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,130
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Paint-guy--
    Don't know "joe", but they tell me this guy is his cousin!
    wow that looks just like al pacino.




  5. #20

    Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post

    I think our front matches up well with their OL. I really like us defensively as a whole, guys will be rested up and just completely psyched out of their minds. A good gameplan will be in place too.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,364
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post

    If we are strictly talking about Colin Kaepernick, the one guy that he should most concerned with (I won't say fear, because that will be losing the game before it starts) is Haloti Ngata. Yes, Benard Pollard has laid some hits on opponents this year. However, it has been Ngata that has left the QBs shaken up. Andy Dalton was through after some hits by Ngata in the fourth quarter. Robert Griffin's season was over the moment Ngata made contact with him. Tom Brady wanted no part of Ngata and threw the ball into the middle of the ocean. He is the guy whose actual speed cannot be fully understood by watching film. If Kaepernick tries to scramble, he'll have to be weary of Ngata and make sure that he doesn't underestimate his speed.

    That is the one defender I would choose. Trent Dilfer talked about the numbers game of the pistol and so forth. The issue is that when you have defenders who need to be double teamed, such as Ngata, right up the middle no less, it sets up your outside defenders to set the edge and messes with that numbers game.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  7. #22

    Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post

    Not to mention Suggs is going to be well rested, and is peaking at the right time. Kruger's also got a lot of speed off the edge and I haven't heard much about McPhee who's been making plays all postseason.




  8. #23
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post

    arthur jones stepping his game up too




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,130
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post

    honestly with the way this defense has been playing, he should be concerned with the whole unit. everyone seems to be peaking and/or getting healthy at the right time.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,052
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    9ers fans are delusional. I'm convinced they are mostly bandwagon fans that don't know shit about football.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 49ers have always had a lot of that
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  11. #26

    Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If we are strictly talking about Colin Kaepernick, the one guy that he should most concerned with (I won't say fear, because that will be losing the game before it starts) is Haloti Ngata. Yes, Benard Pollard has laid some hits on opponents this year. However, it has been Ngata that has left the QBs shaken up. Andy Dalton was through after some hits by Ngata in the fourth quarter. Robert Griffin's season was over the moment Ngata made contact with him. Tom Brady wanted no part of Ngata and threw the ball into the middle of the ocean. He is the guy whose actual speed cannot be fully understood by watching film. If Kaepernick tries to scramble, he'll have to be weary of Ngata and make sure that he doesn't underestimate his speed.

    That is the one defender I would choose. Trent Dilfer talked about the numbers game of the pistol and so forth. The issue is that when you have defenders who need to be double teamed, such as Ngata, right up the middle no less, it sets up your outside defenders to set the edge and messes with that numbers game.
    I kind of laugh at the play where Brady threw it away instead of "running for an easy first down". Ngata may be 340 lbs but he ran the 40 .29 seconds fast than brady and was closing fast. Brady made the right decision to toss it up, he just didnt give it the best effort as far as stepping into it. He would have had to fake or stiff arm Ngata to get that first, imo, and that wasnt happening.

    I think Kaepernick is fast enough to misjudge Ngata somewhat and still be able to get away with it personally. Only way Ngata gets him is if we force him to stay in the pocket and Ngata collapses it with him having nowhere to go. That should be the game plan but i doubt hes in a position during the game to chase down Kaepernick.
    -JAB




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,526
    In my slight defense of the Niners fans, the town really isn't as much of a football town as it is a baseball town.

    I lived there for a year and they are very luke warm about football in general. There wasn't much interest in the team for a while and they really had to struggle to get their new stadium approved. The residents of SF didn't even want the new stadium in their town.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  13. #28

    Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    In my slight defense of the Niners fans, the town really isn't as much of a football town as it is a baseball town.

    I lived there for a year and they are very luke warm about football in general. There wasn't much interest in the team for a while and they really had to struggle to get their new stadium approved. The residents of SF didn't even want the new stadium in their town.
    I can see that just by turnouts for when they left...

    Rice-A-Roni and baseball...


    Crabcakes and Football...
    Last edited by JAB1985; 01-29-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    -JAB




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Baltimore
    Posts
    1,577
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I can see that just by turnouts for when they left...

    Rice-A-Roni and baseball...


    Crabcakes and Football...
    Heh. To be fair, the Ravens organized a rally, with the mayor and governor attending. It appears the 49ers didn't bother.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.




  15. #30

    Re: 9ers board What Defender do you fear??? Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Heh. To be fair, the Ravens organized a rally, with the mayor and governor attending. It appears the 49ers didn't bother.
    which proves Houstons point. its just not as big of a deal in SF.
    -JAB




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland