Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Hopefully a QB or two does a restructure before then, because $20+Million causes a lot of problems until it is settled.

Though, I do believe we have a week to be salary cap compliant... so the deal must get done by the end of THAT week.
    I'm guessing the Steelers will have to restructure Ben, so there's one!
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I'm guessing the Steelers will have to restructure Ben, so there's one!
    There will be quite a few QB's restructuring...I assume Stafford (who has a crazy $20 million cap hit), Ben, Brees...maybe Brady and others.

I have a question, does the exclusive tag mean the top 5 base salaries or the top 5 cap salaries?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    There will be quite a few QB's restructuring...I assume Stafford (who has a crazy $20 million cap hit), Ben, Brees...maybe Brady and others.

I have a question, does the exclusive tag mean the top 5 base salaries or the top 5 cap salaries?
    Wouldn't it have to be cap numbers? If it was top 5 base salaries I'd imagine that number would be well below $15/mil a year if not below $10/mil.

B-More, what is the max you can give a player as a signing bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Wouldn't it have to be cap numbers? If it was top 5 base salaries I'd imagine that number would be well below $15/mil a year if not below $10/mil.

B-More, what is the max you can give a player as a signing bonus?
    I assumed so...just wanted to get confirmation.

And I'm not B-more, but I'd assume there is no limit to signing bonuses...I see no reason frankly for there to be one.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

And I'm not B-more, but I'd assume there is no limit to signing bonuses...I see no reason frankly for there to be one.
    I know you aren't. I was asking separately without starting a second post, but sort of part of the conversation. :)

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    Do Suggs and Ngata deliver the same bang for the buck as Megatron and Suh?
    Is that a serious question?

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Is that a serious question?

- C -
    LOL.

Calvin Johnson: 1,964 yards receiving 122 receptions
    Anquan Boldin: 921 yards receiving 65 receptions
    Torrey Smith: 885 yards receiving 49 receptions

(Obviously, Johnson racked up more than the combined output of the Ravens top receivers.)

Suh: 4 years younger than Ngata

Average comparisons of the two:

Suh (over a 3 years career):

Games played: 15.3
    Combined (tackles and assists): 46
    Sacks: 7

Ngata (over a 7 year career):

Games played: 15.4
    Combined (tackles and sacks): 51.7
    Sacks: 3

So Ngata makes more tackles; Suh gets more sacks. Suh is 4 years younger than Ngata. Show me where Ngata has any clear advantage?

It's nice to root for the home team; that's why we're here. But to be blinded by everything purple is just plain silly, IMO.

There's another factor at work here as well. It's a classic diversionary tactic. Namely...it really doesn't even matter WHAT other teams are doing, and how their cap is set up, compared to the Ravens. The ONLY thing that matters is what's going on with the Ravens. If THEY can sign who they need, then there's no problem. If they CAN'T sign who they need because of poor FO decisions regarding prior bloated contracts, then that's a problem. However, NONE of that has anything to do with Joe Flacco. These problems were already set in motion year ago, and to try to deflect everything onto him is, AS THE OWNER HIMSELF STATED, a crock. Furthermore, NONE of the big ticket players gave the team a hometown discount. NONE of them. So what's this double standard crap when it comes to Joe? THAT'S reality. Either you can deal with that reality, or you can't.
    Last edited by RavensRule21215; 02-11-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Blog Entries

LOL.

(Obviously, Johnson racked up more than the combined output of the Ravens top receivers.)

So Ngata makes more tackles; Suh gets more sacks. Suh is 4 years younger than Ngata. Show me where Ngata has any clear advantage?
    Does that really answer the bang for the buck question?

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

So now we're comparing someone who has been named to the ALL PRO more times than Suh ever will because Suh has more sacks!? LOL

For the purposes of the Franchise Tag, "salary" essentially means Cap number. There's some deductions when incentives are involved, but for the most part it's Cap number.

The date the exclusive tag is calcuated in about a week before the draft, so at that point, I would agree that it's likely that Ben, Stafford and Brady may all have done restructures. If all three do so, that number could come down to around $18Mish.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 02-11-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I would take Ngata over Suh any day for the fact Suh is a head case. He stomped on one player and a year later kicks another. I'll pass.

LOL.

It's nice to root for the home team; that's why we're here. But to be blinded by everything purple is just plain silly, IMO.