Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 587
  1. #421

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)



    Vick has restructured his deal down to a one year deal. He had been set to make $15.5M in base salary alone.

    He wasn't in the top 5, but could have ended up there if/when Brady, Ben and Stafford restructure, so that another bit of good news and moves things in the right direction, perhaps.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  2. #422

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

    Thought this was a cool picture lol





  3. #423

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

    I hope that the Ravens get the contract done before the Falcons get an extension done with Ryan. I think they will overpay him greatly in Atlanta.




  4. #424
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,880
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    I hope that the Ravens get the contract done before the Falcons get an extension done with Ryan. I think they will overpay him greatly in Atlanta.
    Probably.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  5. #425

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    For the purposes of the Franchise Tag, "salary" essentially means Cap number. There's some deductions when incentives are involved, but for the most part it's Cap number.

    The date the exclusive tag is calcuated in about a week before the draft, so at that point, I would agree that it's likely that Ben, Stafford and Brady may all have done restructures. If all three do so, that number could come down to around $18Mish.
    What about the non exclusive franchise tag? Does that get decided one week before the draft as well?




  6. #426

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    What about the non exclusive franchise tag? Does that get decided one week before the draft as well?
    No, the calculation to determine the tender amount for the non-exclusive tag is based on the average of the top 5 over the last 5 years, so that's ascertainable now.

    The "exclusive" tag is the average of the top 5 for this year, as of April 17th (or so). So, it doesn't get calculated until then. Right now, we know what the top 5 are, but since it's the average as of that date, things can change and likely will - thankfully, in the Ravens' favor - change because of some restructuring done by guys in the top 5 (Brady, Stafford and Ben).

    Until that date, the Ravens are changed with the value of the non-exclusive tag, since that number will be known as of the beginning of the league year. If he's still under the Exclusive designation as if April 17th, then his Cap charge will increase to the exclusive number.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  7. #427

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

    What are the penalties for being over the salary cap after the start of the league year? I understand the League will not approve a contract that puts a team over the cap, but if the yearly salary jumps or franchise tag puts you over, what are the penalties? I assume they don't automatically pick and choose players and void their contracts, etc, so is it just a monetary fine on the team? Or draft picks maybe? Are the penalties spelled out anywhere?




  8. #428

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    What are the penalties for being over the salary cap after the start of the league year? I understand the League will not approve a contract that puts a team over the cap, but if the yearly salary jumps or franchise tag puts you over, what are the penalties? I assume they don't automatically pick and choose players and void their contracts, etc, so is it just a monetary fine on the team? Or draft picks maybe? Are the penalties spelled out anywhere?
    I don't know of any specific penalties because to my knowledge, it's never happened. I would assume that they would void RFA tenders, since those are transactions that happen essentially right at the beginning of the league year.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

    Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap




  9. #429

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

    RE: NGata/Suh debate - it's not even clsoe. Ngata's impact is beyond that of stats. This is well documented and widely accepted too.

    Watch him play (especially pre-injury) and he just commands too much atention; and gets around the field for a guy that big. THis year was a down year for Haloti. But his effort and effect ehind the numbers cannot be overlooked.

    Suh is a class player (human? who knows) - but he's simply not "better" or more valuable because of his marginally better sack numbers.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




  10. #430
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,126
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

    Ngata started this year at a DPOY pace before he got injured. Ever since he sprained his knee, he wasn't the same.




  11. #431
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Ngata started this year at a DPOY pace before he got injured. Ever since he sprained his knee, he wasn't the same.
    But still required his share of double teams.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  12. #432
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,126
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    But still required his share of double teams.
    Yep and he started to come on again the playoffs. I just hope he gets healed up over the offseason. He should be fine for next season.




  13. #433

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    No, the calculation to determine the tender amount for the non-exclusive tag is based on the average of the top 5 over the last 5 years, so that's ascertainable now.

    The "exclusive" tag is the average of the top 5 for this year, as of April 17th (or so). So, it doesn't get calculated until then. Right now, we know what the top 5 are, but since it's the average as of that date, things can change and likely will - thankfully, in the Ravens' favor - change because of some restructuring done by guys in the top 5 (Brady, Stafford and Ben).

    Until that date, the Ravens are changed with the value of the non-exclusive tag, since that number will be known as of the beginning of the league year. If he's still under the Exclusive designation as if April 17th, then his Cap charge will increase to the exclusive number.
    Cool that helps alot.




  14. #434
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,356
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

    RavensRule, I think, is just trying to say that even though the circumstances are different with a QB contract, that shouldn't be held against Flacco, especially when the owner has come out and referred to the idea that signing him to a mega contract crippling their ability to sign other FAs, "A load of crock". You didn't hear people saying that Suggs should take less, so that they could sign a better pass rusher opposite him. You didn't hear people saying that Reed should take less, so that they could sign a better CB. You didn't hear people say that Ray should take less so that they can sign a better NT (Before they drafted Ngata). The circumstances that a QB contract takes up more space, shouldn't make this a difference case in perception, because this has been a well understood circumstance that the league has been through many times over. Those type of contracts didn't stop Peyton Manning or Tom Brady from winning division titles, over and over and over. We'll live, and Steve Bisciotti intimated his feeling as much.

    However, personally, I would not take Suh over Ngata. I would, however, take Calvin Johnson over anybody.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  15. #435

    Re: Ongoing Flacco Contract Negotiations (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    RavensRule, I think, is just trying to say that even though the circumstances are different with a QB contract, that shouldn't be held against Flacco, especially when the owner has come out and referred to the idea that signing him to a mega contract crippling their ability to sign other FAs, "A load of crock". You didn't hear people saying that Suggs should take less, so that they could sign a better pass rusher opposite him. You didn't hear people saying that Reed should take less, so that they could sign a better CB. You didn't hear people say that Ray should take less so that they can sign a better NT (Before they drafted Ngata). The circumstances that a QB contract takes up more space, shouldn't make this a difference case in perception, because this has been a well understood circumstance that the league has been through many times over. Those type of contracts didn't stop Peyton Manning or Tom Brady from winning division titles, over and over and over. We'll live, and Steve Bisciotti intimated his feeling as much.
    Thank you. The double standard being applied to Flacco has been discussed at length, but it apparently is still alive and well. What more does anyone need to hear than the owner himself coming out and saying that talk of Flacco's contract preventing the Ravens from signing other players is a crock? Yet people are still trying to peddle that crap. I swear...I had to double check to see if this was 24x7 or Sunspot.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland