Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco asking for Brees type money

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    No, they just call out people that were idiotic to think flacco was the cause of all the problems on offense when most people could see the issue for what it really was. Play calling and protection.

He isn't a rod who can work with worse protection, he's not that level, but if you give him protection he can play to arods level. Most people knew that protection combined with play calling would result in what we've seen recently.

You were just on a mission to destroy flacco and now that people, well one person has called you out you seem as if you can't take it when you should be ale to man up and say you were wrong. Instead you get snarky and have a go at someone for quoting a post you made, which even said you can see joe not being here next season.
    Good post.

I have always been in the Joe is a great QB camp. It always bothered me that people would compare Joe to to the top QBs in year 7 and 8 while he was in year 3 or 4. Guys like Rodgers were still on the bench while Joe was chasing championships.
    Joe made plenty of mistakes along the way, but people were acting like he was the only QB to be inconsistant, while consistantly winning.

I think that this year Joe has finnally reached the top tier of QBs. He was not there until this year, but to me it was obviously coming based on what he did year 1.

Rodgers also has a lot of talent at WR and TE. The OL is not that good, and he is the best right now, but he is not making something out of nothing either. QB is only one of 11 positions on offense. Our OL shuffle and all the huge individual big plays made by the skill guys show how important every position can be.

Last year guys other than the QB for both the Ravens and 49rs dropped the ball in the key situations that would have put them in the SB. I always thought QBs were over rated, but I played DE, so I may be biased.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    This is where I've been. And you know last night I watched Sound FX, the Best of Joe Flacco and it reminded me of just how good this guy can be, and has become. I maintained even though being accused of putting him over the team that Flacco had the ability to become an "elite" QB, even if he wasn't there yet. He has been without a shadow of a doubt the best quarterback the Ravens have had since I started watching them, and I feel like as long as he is here this is a constant playoff team.

Beyond the money, just for the respect, I want the Ravens to win tomorrow as much for Joe Flacco as for Ray Lewis. I would love to see an image of both Flacco and Lewis holding up the Lombardi together, one hand on each side. One great middle finger to the rest of the country who helped pound on Flacco all year long.
    Hoping they also win for Art Modell and his family, even in death, they will be happy for the Ravens to win. Also the cleveland people will hate it and that will make Art legend that much more special. Hoping Art makes the HOF, but doesn't seem likely.

Pay the man, Ravens need him to continue the post season streak. Without Flacco, the Ravens football season would be like most of the other Nfl teams. Sixteen games abd go home and watch the postseason. Oh yea, anyone heard from lamarr woodley yet?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I said that Flacco can win you a SB with the right supporting cast, whats so qrong with that? I have changed my opinion of him now and he proved me wrong about where he belongc in the conversation. Now can we please move on from what I said back in December?
    Which QB's do you think could win a SB without "the right supporting cast"?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Which QB's do you think could win a SB without "the right supporting cast"?
    Yeah I agree. It's a dumb statement to say that a SB winning QB needs the "right supporting cast". Well gee thanks captain obvious it is a FUCKING TEAM SPORT. Flacco can't throw it to himself, block for himself or play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Yeah I agree. It's a dumb statement to say that a SB winning QB needs the "right supporting cast". Well gee thanks captain obvious it is a FUCKING TEAM SPORT. Flacco can't throw it to himself, block for himself or play defense.
    :word

People should understand that compensation for a QB isn't an exact science, and just because somebody is paid more than another player, it doesn't mean that they're better. There are other factors like leverage, timing, age, and durability that need to be considered. Of coarse Brady, Manning, and Brees have put up a ton of numbers and won SB's, their value is going to be diminished because of their age. You also get more favorable contracts when you have favorable timing and leverage. By this, I'm mainly referring to working out a deal a year or two before the contract expires (or before) and secondarily the availability and feasibility of using a franchise tag. Players might take a slight paycut to have the long-term certainty of a contract verses playing with very little time left on the deal. We tried to work this out with Flacco, but he hadn't shown us enough at the time. Ironically, this is working out in his favor now.

Another issue dealing with timing is the assumption that contracts get bigger and bigger as time goes on. While we know that the cap will be flat for the next few years, it had been going up regularly, and it will be going up in the future. So, what is seen as a huge contract now, might become pretty ordinary in a few years.

Flacco is going to be paid top dollar either way, either with us or without us. Sure, we can tag him for a year or two, but eventually the tag will get too big for us to handle.

Blog Entries

Leach, we've had how many debates about who should be the focal point of this offense and how? You saying that the offense should run through Rice and that this team needs to gear its draft towards returning to smashmouth power running and top notch defense? Me saying that Rice should be used as an extension of Flacco in the passing game?

How many times have you said that Joe is just slightly above a game manager QB and that you don't believe he'll ever be more than that, just an above average QB who could win the Super Bowl with a top 5 defense and running game?

Saying that you would only give Joe slightly more than Matt Schaub?

The quote that has already been rehashed in this very thread?

Personally, I haven't read a comment from you about Joe being elite until they beat New England.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Pay the Super Bowl MVP! (A LTC, no franchise tag crap.)

Blog Entries

Pay the man!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

CALL HIM MOTHERFUCKIN' ELITE!

Suck it, Bayless!

11. Re: Flacco asking for Brees type money

There's no way they can tag him now.

You don't want to risk pissing off a Super Bowl MVP/record tying QB (11 TD, 0 INT ties Montana's record)
    Especially since there are 20 other teams with owners that would personally drive and back up the Brinks truck to Flacco's driveway.

Haters and doubters...face the fact: he's getting PAID

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    There's no way they can tag him now.

You don't want to risk pissing off a Super Bowl MVP/record tying QB (11 TD, 0 INT ties Montana's record)
    Especially since there are 20 other teams with owners that would personally drive and back up the Brinks truck to Flacco's driveway.

Haters and doubters...face the fact: he's getting PAID
    :word

Cap will be a lot easier to manage and control in a long term deal.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.