Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco asking for Brees type money

He's def top 10 without a doubt. Saying top 5 right now is a bit iffy and I wouldnt go that far. Personally I think he should get about what Eli got with inflation of course. 6 years 96M, so with inflation maybe..... 6 years at 106M, 110M something like that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Cam Cameron as your OC for four and a half years.
    I'll give you that, but its not as if every elite QB started out with a great OC.

Run first system, that you catch heat for not putting up big numbers for.
    A run first offense that has helped you win a large portion of the games in your career, and has helped you achieve a lot of success in the play offs. Just like it did with guys like Eli and Jen.

Being called out by your own defensive teammates, when the issues of the offense haven't even mainly been your fault.
    One comment out of Ed Reed in the space of five years taken completely out of context, if anything his defensive team mates have been the biggest supporters of Joe. Look no further than T Sizzle.

Having the ball taken out of your hands after every little mistake.
    Yeah, at games like Jacksonville, or Houston right???

Constantly asked to make pinpoint throws 20 yards down the field without underneath relief.
    Maybe because that's what his strength is? Making deep throws is what he excels at, play to his strengths.

Micromanaged by the coaching staff, due to their risk averse philosophy.
    Yeah, that philosophy has worked out so bad hasn't it? No play off success what so ever, no SB appearances/win to speak of either.

Frankly, name me one recent QB who has had a more balanced team put around him than Flacco had? Eli and Jen come to mind, but thats about it.

Cam Cameron as your OC for four and a half years.
    Run first system, that you catch heat for not putting up big numbers for.
    Being called out by your own defensive teammates, when the issues of the offense haven't even mainly been your fault.
    Having the ball taken out of your hands after every little mistake.
    Constantly asked to make pinpoint throws 20 yards down the field without underneath relief.
    Micromanaged by the coaching staff, due to their risk averse philosophy.
    Getting grabbed on the sideline by your own WR with no discipline by the coaching staff afterwards to said WR.

Being scapegoated by your own HC to protect the OC by floating BS that you called audibles when the replays clearly show that there was no time humanly possible -- or any reasonable indication whatsoever -- that any audible was called.

Blog Entries

You're wrong Leach. You're wrong.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Good luck convincing him.

Blog Entries

Wrong about what specifically?

The dudes about to get 17-20 million a year for christ sake, yeah thats being treated really badly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Good luck convincing him.
    Leach has a simple way of viewing things. If something negative happens, that was Flacco. If something good happens, it was someone other than Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Leach has a simple way of viewing things. If something negative happens, that was Flacco. If something good happens, it was someone other than Flacco.
    :word

Blog Entries

??????

I'm one of the first ones to praise Flacco when something goes right. My argument is on HOW HE'S BEEN TREATED by the organization, not what he is as a player. Call me out, and actually use quotes and evidence of me holding back praise on Flacco when he's playing well.

Blog Entries

I laugh at how people point blank say shit like that around here, when I fucking said in the previous page that he may be a top 3 QB FFS. Some of you are blind and read half of what people post.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Wrong about what specifically?

The dudes about to get 17-20 million a year for christ sake, yeah thats being treated really badly.
    Wasn't it you who said he wasn't worth a big contract. Maybe I have you mixed up with some other(Flacco doesn't deserve a big contract) guy. Not good at going back to find some of your posts ,saying that(if I'm right, could someone do that for me).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Wasn't it you who said he wasn't worth a big contract. Maybe I have you mixed up with some other(Flacco doesn't deserve a big contract) guy. Not good at going back to find some of your posts ,saying that(if I'm right, could someone do that for me).
    After the Denver game when he easily had the worse games of his career, I said what 95 % of this world was thinking about Flacco at the time, and what even most Ravens fans were thinking, is Flacco worth a TOP 5 deal? Whats so WRONG with that, I'm sorry for saying Flacco was as good as Matt Shaubb and Jay Cutler (two pretty decent players btw) and terribly sorry for not thinking he was in the top 5, so sorry for that, that makes my way of thinking things so simple doesn't it? I've been pretty strong in support of Flacco all year, it was the Denver game that had me worried, and I seem to recall posters like Bmorecarefull posting his worries about Flacco as a player, and he's probably one of the biggest supporters of Flacco on this board. All i was debating was whether or not he's worth than over 100 million after the Denver game, and thought he was more of an 80 million type of guy, that was all. I actually think he may be in the conversation to be the highest paid player in football if he wins the game on Sunday, since Caldwell took over the OC job, Flacco has been outstanding.