Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco asking for Brees type money

No matter what anybody used to think about Flacco, most everybody will admit that he has really grown up in these playoffs. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and everybody is entitled to change their opinion. Flacco is going to be here the next 10 years (bisciotti's words). Nobody on this board is really qualified (billick's word) to put number on his value. He is going to get paid! Whether this year or next.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    No matter what anybody used to think about Flacco, most everybody will admit that he has really grown up in these playoffs. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and everybody is entitled to change their opinion. Flacco is going to be here the next 10 years (bisciotti's words). Nobody on this board is really qualified (billick's word) to put number on his value. He is going to get paid! Whether this year or next.
    Great post man. Thanks.

Its as if some people would want you banned for thinking Flacco wasn't elite then back pedaling as if its a viscous crime lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    You seriously think that 95% of football fans agreed with you? I see your problem. Faulty vision. And the need to try to justify your faulty vision with unsupported "facts".

As stated in a previous post...some Ravens fans really just don't get it. You're one of those fans.
    95% probably did think that. There's a lot of football fans who think silly things, like Flacco gets "deer in the headlights" or that he's "inconsistent."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post

95% probably did think that. There's a lot of football fans who think silly things, like Flacco gets "deer in the headlights" or that he's "inconsistent."
    Absolutely. Hell, the dumb broad that works in the same office I do was talking about benching Flacco after that game and how terrible he was, etc. Really obnoxious.

Now, Flacco is the next Peyton Manning (according to her) and is better than pretty much any QB not named Rogers.

Me, I played and have been watching film/breaking down film for a long time. Thats why I dont get worked up over a bad game and I really try to look at each game from a holistic stance.

Everything effects everything in this sport. Nothing about football is black and white, but people want the easy explanation. The QB is the easiest target. Always has been.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Absolutely. Hell, the dumb broad that works in the same office I do was talking about benching Flacco after that game and how terrible he was, etc. Really obnoxious.

Now, Flacco is the next Peyton Manning (according to her) and is better than pretty much any QB not named Rogers.
    This is the maddening thing about casual fans - they are fickle as hell. And ignorant.

I will say this though - to be considered a great player, you have to do great things, at least in my eyes. Flacco had done some good things in the past, some not so good, but the good certainly outweighed the bad, proven by his win totals. I think that the debates on whether Flacco was "elite" or not occured because he was good enough and had good enough performances to be on the fringe of that discussion. He was a borderline top 10 QB, who showed high promise at times, but was inconsistent. Ironically, most, if not all QB's suffer from inconsistency. Because he was on the border, the question kept being asked "is this guy elite or not?".

I don't care if Cam Newton, RGIII, Andrew Luck, or Matt Stafford have "promise". They will not be in the discussion of top QB's until they prove it on the field - with wins in big moments.

When Flacco had that awful game against the Broncos, fans were right to get on him a bit. Throw him under bus, no, but definitely right to wonder if he was going to ever lead his team to a Super Bowl. Yes, he had gotten use there last year for half a second, but after a good start to the season for him, he started to tail off a bit in some eyes. His fumble against Pittsburgh(and I, among others were just getting sick of him fumbling games away against the Steelers). The fumble and int against the Redskins, even though those weren't his fault really, it got people on him(of course they forget he gave the team an 8 point lead on the road with less than 2 minutes to play and the defense couldn't stop a turtle from scoring). It was misguided angst to be sure, but people were angry. Angry that idiots like Skip Bayliss had more ammo to spew his anti-Flacco garbage. Angry that the team was losing it's grip on it's second consecutive division title(my, aren't we spoiled). Angry that idiot Yinzers were making Flacco jokes on ESPN's comment sections. Angry because we were losing.

Then a funny thing happened. In a huge game against the Giants, Flacco shredded the defense, easily outplaying Eli. Then in the Wildcard round, he torches the Colts with a near record setting performance for yards per completion. Then the lights out performances in Denver and New England, outplaying two of the supposed "most elite" QB's in the NFL today. Joe finally did it - did what some said he never could - lead his team to a Super Bowl.

In my eyes, and many others, the debate is over. Looking at his body of work(and it's record setting numbers in some cases), and looking at how well he has played over the past month and a half, coming up clutch in the biggest of situations, the truth as I see it is, the guy is one of the best QB's in the league.

I don't care what happens sunday. I've seen enough, Joe Flacco is one of the best QB's in the NFL, period. And he's gonna get paid like it too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I don't care what happens sunday. I've seen enough, Joe Flacco is one of the best QB's in the NFL, period. And he's gonna get paid like it too.
    :word

Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't consider myself a "casual fan" if that was aimed at me. i spend a lot of time watching both the NFL and college ball. I invest money in NFL gamepass and ESPN so that i can watch football, and i have spent a lot of time watching college game recordings, purely to see who the Ravens may take a look at in the draft. Just because I had reservations about Flacco after the Denver game abput being an elite QB that does not make me a casual fan that sees everything black and white. I said that Flacco can win you a SB with the right supporting cast, whats so qrong with that? I have changed my opinion of him now and he proved me wrong about where he belongc in the
    conversation. Now can we please move on from what I said back in December?

Excuse any grammar mistakes, posting this on my android.

Blog Entries

Flacco, like most QBs, needs time to throw to be effective. His play significantly improved once the Ravens made those cahnges on the OL, because that when he started getting more time to throw. That OL protection is going to be key in the Super Bowl, especially with a guy like Aldon Smith (19.5 sacks this year) rushing the QB. The Ravens are going to have some issues on the OL next year due to their cap situation. I think Flacco would be well advised to make the best deal he can and then sign a long term contract this off-season. The franchise tag could be a lot more problematic for him than it would be for a LB or a CB, because the QB is dependent on good OL play. Flacco's numbers could drop off significantly next year if he plays under the franchise tag.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Great post man. Thanks.

Its as if some people would want you banned for thinking Flacco wasn't elite then back pedaling as if its a viscous crime lol.
    No, they just call out people that were idiotic to think flacco was the cause of all the problems on offense when most people could see the issue for what it really was. Play calling and protection.

He isn't a rod who can work with worse protection, he's not that level, but if you give him protection he can play to arods level. Most people knew that protection combined with play calling would result in what we've seen recently.

You were just on a mission to destroy flacco and now that people, well one person has called you out you seem as if you can't take it when you should be ale to man up and say you were wrong. Instead you get snarky and have a go at someone for quoting a post you made, which even said you can see joe not being here next season.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I wouldn't consider myself a "casual fan" if that was aimed at me.
    It wasn't aimed at you at all Leach - it was aimed at the woman in that office.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    In my eyes, and many others, the debate is over. Looking at his body of work(and it's record setting numbers in some cases), and looking at how well he has played over the past month and a half, coming up clutch in the biggest of situations, the truth as I see it is, the guy is one of the best QB's in the league.

This is where I've been. And you know last night I watched Sound FX, the Best of Joe Flacco and it reminded me of just how good this guy can be, and has become. I maintained even though being accused of putting him over the team that Flacco had the ability to become an "elite" QB, even if he wasn't there yet. He has been without a shadow of a doubt the best quarterback the Ravens have had since I started watching them, and I feel like as long as he is here this is a constant playoff team.

Beyond the money, just for the respect, I want the Ravens to win tomorrow as much for Joe Flacco as for Ray Lewis. I would love to see an image of both Flacco and Lewis holding up the Lombardi together, one hand on each side. One great middle finger to the rest of the country who helped pound on Flacco all year long.

I have been reading this board for far less time than some and really respect many of the posters opinions but all of them have said stuff that I either did not agree with or later proved to not come to pass. Its the nature of sports and one of the reasons we all love them. Football is played once a week, you have a full week to get worked up about game coming up and a full week to digest a bad performance when it happens time to time. Sometimes we all post things in the emotion of the moment and later go back and read them and think ...hmmm maybe I was a bit strong on that or even ...wth was I thinking lol. Bottom line is we all love this team and unfortunately we all sometimes say the stupidest things about or to the things we love most :) Its just being human...something else we all have in common
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis